The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

I gotta wait on the wife to get off work because she wants to watch it with me. It's torture.
You can watch his appearances in DD season 2 while you wait, or as much of it as you can until she comes home.

Jesus... could you imagine what a Punisher of today would look like?! He'd be so neutered. Remember in Robocop 2 when they ****ed up all his prime directives, and he was trying to hold conversations with the killers about what mom and dad would think? I'd imagine it would be something like that. And just trying to picture what they'd allow his insignia to be...*shudders* I'm all for trying to make the world a better place, but the PC **** has gotten out of hand. He'd just be an angry therapist...the Verbalizer or something... :rolleyes:

ha has an angry therapist ever been done.

No way I'm getting through this today. Only up to Episode 3 and flagging after being out earlier for JL and food. Solid start though.

I'm not happy that they basically regressed Frank right at the start after the prologue.

Also, the Madani character is terrible. The Walcott character and his subplot is terrible.

Bernthal's great in the show. I like that he's no afraid to show vulnerable sides to Frank. But the first six episodes move very slowly. I think the writers over-complicated and over-wrote his story. Maybe they were worried about glorifying a character like this and making it a revenge fantasy type of story.

Not sure if it goes any further, but the show definitely seemed to hint at a Frank and Karen romance in the first six episodes.

I'm not happy that they basically regressed Frank right at the start after the prologue.

Also, the Madani character is terrible. The Walcott character and his subplot is terrible.

Bernthal's great in the show. I like that he's no afraid to show vulnerable sides to Frank. But the first six episodes move very slowly. I think the writers over-complicated and over-wrote his story. Maybe they were worried about glorifying a character like this and making it a revenge fantasy type of story.

Not sure if it goes any further, but the show definitely seemed to hint at a Frank and Karen romance in the first six episodes.

Hope not :csad:

seen the first 4 man I'm loving it especially Micro and Russo can't wait to see how he "Turns" to jigsaw

I'm enjoying this show so far. Already on episode 6!

On episode 4. Prob finishing by Sunday

Haven't been able to start, but I'll probably be able to get through it all this weekend.

I'm three episodes in so far and while I am enjoying it I am a bit surprised with how slow it is. John Bernthal is great so far, but the supporting characters outside of Micro and Billy aren't the best. I'm still waiting for that great episode though that puts it on par with DD.

The Madani subplot constantly sidetracks the narrative. All her dialogue bits sound like forced cliches. They really shove this character down our throats, and I don't get it. They don't even use an existing character from the comics in this role, which they easily could have done.

Wow 6 episodes in and Im not gonna lie, things are starting to drag for me....Some of the reviews say that after the first 6 episodes things start to pick up which I'm hoping for real bad lol...Jon Bernthal's performance is literally the only thing keeping me on this right now...Oh and if there's a Karen Page romance I'm gonna stop watching entirely.

Six episodes in I was kind of like that too. I also wondered if Steve Lightfoot even knew if he was writing a show called Marvel's The Punisher.

After sitting through the dumpster fire that is Justice League, this shows pace is honestly refreshing.

Last edited:
It really is. I finished episode 4 yesterday and it's slowly getting better and better.

For anyone who's finished the series, please tell me the massive shootout from the trailers (with him wearing the skull on his chest) isn't the season finale.

Watching episode 5 now.

Pacing was a little slow. But man, it moved a lot smoother than some other Netflix/Marvel shows. The songs used were also great. The sledgehammer scene and the Kandahar battle flashback were some my favourite scenes in the show.

Also has any TV character received so much abuse? Got damn...

Aloha,
I enjoyed the show. They really need to place this one side by side with the first two movies to give people a fair comparison of how this show was developed. I enjoyed the group sessions witht the Vets because it put Frank in a place as a human who has been wronged.I see how JIgsaw was created.That could make for a season 2. I give it a 4 out of 5.
Spidey rules

I enjoyed the show, but it could have really done without stuff like Homeland and characters like Lewis! The focus should have been more on Frank and Micro!

For the most part, I enjoyed the show, though!

Lewis arc was essential to separate Frank ideologically from the basic nutjobs and also highlight the forgotten veterans.

I was so hyped for this, but I'm on episode 6, and it kind of sucks. The unnecessary sex scenes were really cringe worthy and totally pointless to the plot.

Loving it so far...not feeling "Dinah" from homeland security; or her partner.

WTF does a bondage scene have to do with The Punisher?????? This show has seriously gone total guitar. It's no where the tightness and intensity that we saw in DareDevil....

WTF does a bondage scene have to do with The Punisher?????? This show has seriously gone total guitar. It's no where the tightness and intensity that we saw in DareDevil....

Aloha,
Think about that question for a minute:woot:
Spidey rules

For anyone who's finished the series, please tell me the massive shootout from the trailers (with him wearing the skull on his chest) isn't the season finale.

Watching episode 5 now.

It's there. I don't want to spoil which episode, but it hasn't gone away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"