The Purge: The Television Series

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Apparently there is talks of taking The Purge franchise to tv

I asked the writer/director if there was a chance of potentially seeing a television series in the future, and he enthusiastically responded in the affirmative. Said DeMonaco,

Dude, it's so weird you bring that up. Yes! Not an anthology... I guess kind of an anthology -- more of an interwoven anthology. They came to me about a TV show, my idea is that you do six or seven storylines. And I would kind of intercut them, use flashbacks.

James DeMonaco went on to note that his ideal format for the show is more oriented for cable, describing it as playing out over the course of 10 hours (presumably meaning 10 episodes). Explaining why he felt that television was a good fit, the Purge mastermind said that having that much runtime versus 90 minutes would allow him to really dig inside the mind of a "purger" and let audiences really see what is driving them to kill on Purge Night.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1561449/a-purge-tv-series-is-happening-get-the-details

I like the Purge films... but now that the Purge has been abolished in the films, I guess this is the way to go to have Purge night continue...

wow, THAT sounds soooo exciting... NOT...

Still think a Purge show that's an anthology series would be cool. Different stories of different people during Purge night every episode.

Yeah, the angle they're talking about is great, but you can't do the setup for the Purge without paying it off. A better angle would be to do the yearly purge all season but dominate the show with flashbacks of the events leading up to it. Twisting that further into an anthology, that is, following one character's life and death each episode could make for some really wicked storytelling.

THE PURGE 4 Is Going To Be A Prequel

The TV show takes place between the first Purge and the last movie. We’re kind of right in the middle of all the Purge timelines, so it’s before Charlie Roan. It’s way after the New Founding Fathers of America have come into power. But in the next Purge movie, Purge Four, the NFFA has just come into power and come up with this crazy conceit of the Purge to help a dying economy. So if 20 Purges have taken place, or 15, we’re probably on the seventh or eighth in the TV show.

Never liked the films.. Don't know many who have. So can't see a show kicking off well..

So, each season will cover one night of purging?

[YT]PBgqamzECqM[/YT]

So basically it's gonna be like sopranos and GoT where you have to wait until the 6th episode to see someone get whacked or a dragon.

Watching now. Ain't bad.

I liked it... it's pretty much on par with the films... still can never get over how the USA went so far down in enacting Purge night... feels like where Trump's America is headed for...

I liked it... it's pretty much on par with the films... still can never get over how the USA went so far down in enacting Purge night... feels like where Trump's America is headed for...
I want to purge every time I go to the gas pump sooooo.

Screw that! They cancel The Colony, not going watch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"