The Wolverine The purpose of the film?

Megalith

Civilian
Reaction score
This is a serious inquiry. What does this film hope to achieve for the character? I mean, even if the movie is great and the story is better than expected, I feel like we're not going to know anything new about the character or like him any more or less at its conclusion.

AFAIK, Wolverine is depressed, gets his healing taken away from him, has to beat up a bunch of people without them, and probably succeeds. Is that it?

This is a serious inquiry. What does this film hope to achieve for the character? I mean, even if the movie is great and the story is better than expected, I feel like we're not going to know anything new about the character or like him any more or less at its conclusion.

AFAIK, Wolverine is depressed, gets his healing taken away from him, has to beat up a bunch of people without them, and probably succeeds. Is that it?
Are you serious lol

a) to make money
b) to entertain
c) to make up for X-Men Origins: Wolverine
d) to follow-up X3 and to a lesser extent, bridge to DoFP
e) to adapt into the FOX X-Men film universe of a fan favorite Wolverine comic series
f) to use the unique Japanese setting with Japanese allies & villains (+Viper)

"In terms of Japanese lore, the idea of the ronin - the samurai without a purpose, without a master - seemed to me to be the perfect metaphor for who exactly Wolverine is when you come upon him in this movie. Kind of a hero without a reason for being a hero, who's lost his desire to protect, or even know what he's supposed to be protecting." --James Mangold

"It's about a guy completely out of his element, in this world that's foreign to him, and how he copes with that."

"This is a story I know the fans love. It's the perfect vehicle to not only give a whole different perspective to the world, but also to understand the character. We're all laying it on the line. I feel like we have the opportunity to deliver that badass, kick-ass Wolverine I know everybody wants to see." --Hugh Jackman

The May 2013 Total Film article is pretty good to start with.

What is the purpose of a James Bond film...he drinks a martini, he shoots someone, he beds someone.....is that it?

No.....that isn't all......it is fun to watch.

If you like comic books and comic book movies and the X-Men and the character Wolverine....then you just may want to see a movie about the character.

The purpose of this film for FOX is to earn money! Second, the producers always wanted this Japan storyline from the comic-books to be the story of the 2nd Wolverine movie since its one of the most critical-acclaimed stories of Wolverine in the comic-books. Third, people will watch this film to be entertained or they're into movies like this.

We also don't know where Wolverine will be physically or mentally when the movie draws to a conclusion or what happened to the other characters as well (unless you read spoilers)...how closely it will track to the comics. That's something to look forward to in the film.

It's also so we can see this in 3D:

Hugh-Jackman-in-The-Wolverine-2013-Movie-Image-2-600x360_zpsc7676c23.jpg

:applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"