The Raid Star Iko Uwais to star in Netflix martial arts show ‘Wu Assassins’

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/netflix-martial-arts-series-wu-assassins-iko-uwais-1202862255/

Netflix has given a series order to the martial arts drama series “Wu Assassins,” Variety has confirmed.

The series is described as a crime drama set in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Iko Uwais stars as Kai Jin, an aspiring chef who becomes the latest and last Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad and restore balance once again. Byron Mann is also attached to star as Uncle Six.

Cannot wait for this! Sounds so exciting and more like what I wanted Iron Fist to be

I'll watch Iko in anything. Can't wait for this!

Winnick, Tan, Mann, Flanagan... this cast is shaping up great.

How have I not heard about this? Sign me up.

Holy bad place!!!

JuJu Chan & Mark Dacascos Join Netflix’s Martial Arts Series Wu Asssasins
BY MAGGIE DELA PAZ ON AUGUST 15, 2018

Deadline reports that Crouching Tiger star JuJu Chan (Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny) and John Wick 3 actor Mark Dacascos (Hawaii Five-O) have been cast to join Netflix‘s martial arts drama Wu Assassins for recurring roles.

Chan is set to play the role of Zan, a lieutenant in the Triads and elite martial artist while Dacascos’s character is described as a strong monk, who defeats any evil forces that comes along his way.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/9...-in-netflixs-wu-asssasins#ygG6c1FIqr4Kbh7L.99

Nice; Dacascos was awesome in The Brotherhood of the Wolf (such an underrated movie).

Dacascos getting some high profile work. I'm here for it.

I hope Dacascos is still in fighting shape after spending so many years eating Bobby Flay's food. :oldrazz:

Those Asian genetics...3 years younger than JCVD

Oh wow, yeah he is way older than I thought.

Meanwhile, JCVD looks like he's spent a year in a tanning bed and has grown a brain tumor.

Yep I'm sold. It's a shame I hadn't heard of this before, but this cast is insane. Also, after JW3 I only want to see more of Mark Dacascos. The more movies and shows he's in the better.

What’s funny to me is that yesterday I was doing one of those “Get lost on Wikipedia” journeys and I came across Summer Glau and asked myself what she’s been up to and read the page for this show.

But then we wouldn’t have been treated to 10,000 scenes of Finn Jones grimacing like a 12-year-old who has just been sent to his room and shouting, “But I’m the immortal Iron Fist!”

The beginning of the trailer is a little iffy but once it gets to the fighting, it just looks fantastic. Love the cast, and it seems like a lot of fun in that it doesn’t take itself too seriously. Can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"