The RATINGS Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocinante Registered

Idk why, but it'll be interesting to see how Marvel responds once DC releases that new JLA show in a couple years, likely produced by Bruce Timm.

Can they keep this up while DC puts out yet another potential instant classic?

2. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

They had a great set-up with Kyle and Yost overseeing the animated stuff, not only with EMH, but also Wolverine & the X-Men and the Marvel/Lionsgate DTV's. EMH was aired on XD but everything since has been produced specifically for XD. The logical move would be to let those guys run the show again, but they may have moved on. What's needed is a Feige-type running animation, someone with a bigger imagination of what can be done, much like Bruce Timm at Warner. Until they get that and change their views of what these animated series can be, they'll get left in the dust. I'm not convinced they really care at this point.

#927 SoNicRaDiATioN, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

1.6 for yesterday.

4. Rocinante Registered

I agree, with the bold especially, well said dude.

5. iambranded Registered

Wow to low for a show that's gotten better each season

6. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

what can we do to try to help, like in social media??
    AoS is all over twitter and instagram... what do the kids like these days, snapchat? Maybe they should "live-snap" instead of live-tweeting

there must be some shows that have grown their ratings over the years
    it deserves better

7. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Curious... is season 2 available on Netflix right now? If so, does it mean season 3 didn't quite get as big a "Netflx bump" as was expected?

8. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Sadly I don't think it will help. That first season when they blamed fans for not watching turned a lot of people off. I was really on the verge of stop watching it myself but loving the Marvel brand, I stayed. Though I do love the show, there is still that cartoony brand to. You never blame your target audience for voicing their complaints. I think the show will definitely get another season only for syndication reasons but sadly with the flaws from the first season, I don't think we will see a ratings spike at all.

9. Lilbaz Registered

The thing you have to ask is are they popular with young kids and do they sell toys?
    EMH was aimed at older children and was enjoyed by adults. These new ones are aimed at a younger audience.

10. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

I dunno, I think the only people who even remember the comments a producer made during season 1 would be ********* former fans/haters. The vast majority of the American TV audience is just indifferent and they won't remember those comments to hold them against the show; they just have to be coaxed and shown how good the show has gotten

11. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

No I agree but what I'm saying is instead of improving the show, they blamed the fans. There are other things on tv to watch and a lot more options of the same genre. I think when they blamed some of the fans, it didn't help their case. I was REALLLYYYYY close to stop watching it but glad I didn't.

12. Lilbaz Registered

I watched a few episodes of the first season of buffy when it first came out. I didn't really like it. People kept on saying that it got better and was a fantastic show. So i go back and watch the first few episodes and don't like it. I decided i couldn't be bothered to watch through till it got better so watched something else instead. I bet most of the audience is like me.

I stuck with AOS because it is marvel. It did get better, still not great but i look forward to the shows. I can totally understand why others don't watch it though.

13. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

I'm sure kids like them and the merchandise is sold, but the same can be said for EMH. In a few years the target demo will likely outgrow these new XD series, whereas EMH, SSM and JL are timeless and can be enjoyed by all ages.

14. Lilbaz Registered

With gotg series they seem to be getting back on track.

Just that i think disney's vision is that they get young (5+) kids hooked with the kids shows. When they get older they get into the films and tv shows.

15. rashad Hype Board Junkie

16. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

17. Shakel92 Registered

Not good. I knew it'd go down, but not that far.

18. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Yeah it's almost CW bad. Flash has almost caught up with it in the ratings.

19. giveyourself12% Team Walt

It was up against the first Democratic debate in the US. That didn't help. I kept switching back and forth during ABC's commercials.

20. OB12 Registered

Yeah, also MLB playoffs were on, which I watched. I knew it would be down.

21. redlion2 Interim King of Wakanda

Yeah, everything was down.

22. rashad Hype Board Junkie

23. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I think maybe they should consider having some cameos from MCU stars, as a way to have Coulson be introduced to the other Avengers who believed that he was dead. It might be gimmicky, but I think it will prove that Marvel said about the #itsallconnected promise. Right now I think the producers should go all out because of the rating keeps this plateau, it might not get another season. It's too bad, as the series is imo as good as other DC superhero shows, but it's harder to bring back viewers who have left the show than to gain new viewers.

24. Mike Murdock Registered

I'm sure they've considered having MCU stars. It's not as simple as clapping their hands three times. It'll take the right story and the right amount of money, not to mention schedules lining up.

25. Raiden Wakanda Forever

They can set it up as a mid-season finale, with build-up leading it to, and not a casual cameo. Anyway, I think it's unfortunate that this series has had a rather disappointing first season, and although they have done their best to improve it season by season, the majority of the viewers seemed to have given up and refused to go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.