The real reason for increased Border control and Immigrant Reform Laws

Hispanics with economic clout?! Can't let that happen, can we?

I guess wage stagnation is a figment of our collective imaginations, eh?

My dad is a contractor. Wages in the early 80 when he started for painters were typically about 10 bucks an hour. You know what the typical wage is now? Over 20 years later? Its the ****ing same. Has the cost of living remained the same? Not by a long shot.

I do agree there is a lot of xenophobia involved in the Immigration issue- but that still does not change the fact we DO need better control of our borders.

I guess painters were way overpriced when your dad started

Oh, it's stupid to protect borders:confused:

You know what the US government should do? Promote migration into Canada. Let the illegals know that, if they just keep moving further north, they'll hit free medicare.

Maxwell Smart said:
I guess wage stagnation is a figment of our collective imaginations, eh?

My dad is a contractor. Wages in the early 80 when he started for painters were typically about 10 bucks an hour. You know what the typical wage is now? Over 20 years later? Its the ****ing same. Has the cost of living remained the same? Not by a long shot.

I do agree there is a lot of xenophobia involved in the Immigration issue- but that still does not change the fact we DO need better control of our borders.

yeah :mad: as long as people are needy exploiting them will be OK and wages will be driven down.
like child molesters. are they really at fault or is it all those sexy children running around.

Carter said:
Oh, it's stupid to protect borders:confused:

protecting from what?
canada is open, it's like bulding a house, and putting a large metal door in the front with a rabid dog and guards on it.

and leaving the back, screen door wide open.

The reason for concern is to direct attention away from Iraq.

Tangled Web said:
Shhhh! Don't let them know that!

Mr Sparkle said:
yeah as long as people are needy exploiting them will be OK and wages will be driven down.

Could you be a little more clear? I can't figure out if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me or what.

Mr Sparkle said:
canada is open, it's like bulding a house, and putting a large metal door in the front with a rabid dog and guards on it.

We do need better security up there too, but come on, theres a difference between the two. We don't have hundreds of thousands of Canadians trying to come here undocumented. National security isn't just protecting infrastructure and people, it is also protecting the economy.

I don't blame the illegals for wanting to come here, and I'm certainly not one of the morons suggesting we can just ship the ones who are here back- but the fact is their presence HAS stagnated wages for the working man in this country. I don't like Bush and many of the things my government does, but I am sick and tired of foreigners assuming Americans have it all good and we're just whining and complaining about the immigration issue.

This country has ****ing poverty too, it has working people who need to make a decent living and FEED THEIR FAMILIES. Our rich are richer- thats all.

Tangled Web said:

Are you freakin' kidding me? The immigration issue is KILLING Bush with his own base.

Tangled Web said:
It takes attention away from Iraq though.

So? ANY issue that gets press besides Iraq is "taking attention away", but you seemed to imply the entire issue is a non-sequitor meant to distract the public, which is a load of BS imo.

This is VERY much an issue because working people's ass pockets are at stake over this issue. This isn't some abstract cultural issue like gay marriage, this REALLY affects human beings.

This affects people. Iraq, social security running out, gas prices, gas running out, terrorism, corruption in the white house, and security leaks affect people much worse than immigration.

Tangled Web said:
This affects people. Iraq, social security running out, gas prices, gas running out, terrorism, corruption in the white house, and security leaks affect people much worse than immigration.

I'll give you social security and gas, but do you honestly think Iraq affects AMERICANS worse than immigration? We're talking about the depletion of our standard of living. Terrorism is a bad thing, but how many people will actually be killed by terrorism? By contrast, how many people are making lower wages under higher prices and suffering for it?

Hey everybody keep quiet about this, I don't think any other Americans of Government officials know that the Hispanic population is the fastest growing minority in the United States.

And my money was on the midgets as the fastest growing minority :(

Maxwell Smart said:
, but do you honestly think Iraq affects AMERICANS worse than immigration?
Tell that to the families of dead soldiers.

"We love you, Natalie."
"I wanna f%*# you too!"

Manic said:
"We love you, Natalie."
"I wanna f%*# you too!"
nbgk.bmp.jpg

Mr Sparkle said:
protecting from what?

What's your point?
Both borders should be protected

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"