The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the comics, the X-gene was genetic manipulation by the Celestials.
Exactly. So in the MCU, wouldn't it make sense for something like Infinity Gems to trigger the X-Gene? It not only ties into the "bigger picture" but it's also easy, non-convoluted way to explain the absence of mutants. And plus, it's an update of the original trigger for mass X-gene activating (which was nuclear radiation hence "Children of the Atom") And I could see Marvel wanting to explore the Celestial angle down the road.

The conflict doesn't have to only be about Thanos. It can still be complex

In the comics, the X-gene was genetic manipulation by the Celestials.

Correct, but it took many, many, many years and generations to go into effect. In the Infinity Stone scenario, it would be instantaneous. It's not the same thing.

Correct, but it took many, many, many years and generations to go into effect. In the Infinity Stone scenario, it would be instantaneous. It's not the same thing.
But mutants still started spawning everywhere on mass scale in the 1960s. The Infinity Gems would have the same effect

But mutants still started spawning everywhere on mass scale in the 1960s. The Infinity Gems would have the same effect

Refer to my prior posts in reply to that point. This is a circular argument.

Refer to my prior posts in reply to that point. This is a circular argument.
I understand the point you're illustrating here but again, there could still be a small number of mutants. Exactly as you say. Because even in the comics before the Atomic age - mutants STILL existed. They've been around since Ancient Egypt, why can't that be the case for the MCU as well? Infinity Stones could merely be used as the catalyst that makes mutants emerge on a larger scale. I'm not saying it should be instantaneous where mutants suddenly appear out of nowhere. A mythos needs to be established.

Well the Infinity Gem could be a stand-in for the Phoenix Force activating the X-Gene in several people. Similar to how it activated the X-Genes in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

For now just do the mutants are a small population including the experiments which are Deadpool, Angel, Ajax, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver

Then Infinity Gem radiation could cause people to manifest superpowers without any explanation and some people to die due to not having any X-Genes.

They don't have to make it a wide array all over the world just a certain area of it.

I’ve been biting my nails to the point that they’re bleeding... I’m more nervous about the outcome of this trial than the survival rate of some characters in Infinity War!

If you’re a Marvel fan, who wants to see a fully United Marvel Universe, this is some tense times. I’m at the edge of my seat man!

Last edited:
I’ve been biting my nails to the point that they’re bleeding... I’m more nervous about the outcome of this trial than the survival rate of some characters in Infinity War!

If your a Marvel fan, who wants to see a fully United Marvel Universe, this is some tense times. I’m at the edge of my seat man!
Same. We're so close. If the merger fails all will be well. Comcast won't come back and the deal will proceed.

Ok ... still don't understand it? Will it be better or worse for the Disney/Fox merger if this AT&T merger happens?

Ok ... still don't understand it? Will it be better or worse for the Disney/Fox merger if this AT&T merger happens?
If the AT&T/TW merger goes through, Comcast will have a stronger case in pursuing 20th Century Fox. If the AT&T/TW merger fails, that should effectively kill Comcast's chances.

Still, the AT&T/TW merger would in no way make a Comcast/Fox merger more likely. All it would do is keep Comcast in the running, which is basically where we're at right now anyway.

Still, the AT&T/TW merger would in no way make a Comcast/Fox merger more likely. All it would do is keep Comcast in the running, which is basically where we're at right now anyway.

I see ... ughh ... so close to a full Marvel Universe. :|

I'm thinking it's a tad late for Comcast to reemerge in the FOX buyout. Both Murdoch and Iger are making post deal plans for a deal that could close as early as this year. Nearly four months of work have been put in and Rupert would either have to back out of the deal (extremely unlikely) or Roberts would have to convince 85% of the non-Murdoch family voting share owners to go against the wishes of the family (also extremely unlikely).

If the AT&T deal goes through with reasonable accommodations (very likely) Comcast will continue their pursuit of Sky and probably try to grab another dancing partner. But I doubt it will impact the FOX-Disney deal.

I'm thinking it's a tad late for Comcast to reemerge in the FOX buyout. Both Murdoch and Iger are making post deal plans for a deal that could close as early as this year. Nearly four months of work have been put in and Rupert would either have to back out of the deal (extremely unlikely) or Roberts would have to convince 85% of the non-Murdoch family voting share owners to go against the wishes of the family (also extremely unlikely).

If the AT&T deal goes through with reasonable accommodations (very likely) Comcast will continue their pursuit of Sky and probably try to grab another dancing partner. But I doubt it will impact the FOX-Disney deal.

Yeah, I don't see things getting derailed. If the ATT&T deal passes, it may embolden Comcast, but it also tells shareholders of Fox and Disney that their deal is also likely to be approved and they're nearly to the finish line. If I'm a shareholder, I'm not going to throw away what may soon be looking like a sure thing to start all over with if, when, maybe.

Comcast would have to make a BIG offer, and if they're really that interested, the time to make that BIG offer would have been before Fox and Disney got this far into the process.

I think Comcast is all talk, and I'm not particularly worried about them no matter how the AT&T deal goes.

Comcast is like an angry, bitter observer, getting upset as other companies make big deals, but not showing serious effort to make real deals of their own.

My friend texted me a ****** Comic Book Cast video and then I clicked here to check and got concerned for a split second. It was a troll job by Comic Book Cast which is a terrible channel anyway.

Stop making me worry you guys.

I got tricked by the video myself. Look a few pages back in the last version of this thread. I almost had a heart attack.

Last edited:
I got tricked by the video myself. Look a few pages back in the last version of this thread. I almost had a heart attack.

That channel is garbage, and I hate it. However, my friend was messing with me on purpose.

My friend texted me a ****** Comic Book Cast video and then I clicked here to check and got concerned for a split second. It was a troll job by Comic Book Cast which is a terrible channel anyway.

Stop making me worry you guys.

:funny:

Things would have to change pretty drastically from where they currently are for me to get worried.

It's not a done deal yet, so I'm going to be a little nervous until it's really complete, but unless Fox starts talking like they're seriously considering other offers, I'm not worried. Comcast can huff and puff all they want, but it's just noise for now.

Maybe Comcast will go after another movie studio

:funny:

Things would have to change pretty drastically from where they currently are for me to get worried.

It's not a done deal yet, so I'm going to be a little nervous until it's really complete, but unless Fox starts talking like they're seriously considering other offers, I'm not worried. Comcast can huff and puff all they want, but it's just noise for now.

Fox so far seems to be in favor of their current deal with the Mouse as evidenced by the Fox president publicly favoring Disney over Comcast.

Last edited:
Fox want to sell to Disney rather than restart the negotiating process unless Comcast come in with a price that their shareholders probably won't be happy with anyway. I think the top guys at Fox just want to get this done now and are looking at structuring the deal in whatever way will be ok'd by regulators.

Fox also want Disney stock which is way more valuable than Comcast stock (All-Stock deal)

Fox also want Disney stock which is way more valuable than Comcast stock (All-Stock deal)

Yeah, I think Fox recognizes Disney making FF and X-Men movies integrated with the MCU and selling FF and X-Men Merchandise and streaming FF and X-men films on their streaming service, plus Disney's abilities to work with all the other assets involved equals a much bigger potential upside than Comcast working with those same assets, so holding stock in Disney with those assets to work with makes a lot of sense (and is far more potentially lucrative over the next 5-10 years than Comcast with those same assets would be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"