The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I most certainly think they care about theme park rights. Those theme parks are mountains of money for each company and new rides bring people in droves. Open a new Spider-Man ride in Disney, people from all over the world will book vacations yesterday.

Oh, I most certainly think they care about theme park rights. Those theme parks are mountains of money for each company and new rides bring people in droves. Open a new Spider-Man ride in Disney, people from all over the world will book vacations yesterday.

Anything in Disney will get people going to visit them. They don't need Marvel in Orlando, but they certainly would want. They are just not gonna overpay for it. As Willie said this would be a thrown in to the bigger fish in the acquisition.

It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. They care but it's not that big a deal. And they can have Marvel lands everywhere in the world outside of Orlando.

Anything in Disney will get people going to visit them. They don't need Marvel in Orlando, but they certainly would want. They are just not gonna overpay for it. As Willie said this would be a thrown in to the bigger fish in the acquisition.

It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. They care but it's not that big a deal. And they can have Marvel lands everywhere in the world outside of Orlando.

In the grand scheme might be smaller than something like trying to get Sky, but it is still something they care about, LOL!

At this point, I just want this to be over. I hope Disney and Comcast come to some sort of agreement. Which would benefit us

I hope the AT&T/Warner deal falls through and it scares off Comcast or put their focus on Time Warner.

I hope for, at least, an agreement between the two companies. I have to see a real Fantastic Four movie one day...

I know I'd visit Orlando immediately if there was a Marvel theme park.

At this point, I just want this to be over. I hope Disney and Comcast come to some sort of agreement. Which would benefit us

I think that would work out best for everyone.

I don't think Disney will budge. They won't be bullied off the deal as it stands after an agreement has been made. I'm sure they've got something to serve up for Comcast.

I don't think Disney will budge. They won't be bullied off the deal after an agreement has been made.

If someone outbids you by a large enough amount then not budging means you lose (unless the regulators save you).

If someone outbids you by a large enough amount then not budging means you lose (unless the regulators save you).

I mean they aren't just going to take their ball and go home. They'll dig in. I'm sure they've already got multiple strategies in place for the Comcast bid. They may not have to do anything either.

I mean they aren't just going to take their ball and go home. They'll dig in. I'm sure they've already got multiple strategies in place for the Comcast bid.

Yeah, they definitely will have. Iger certainly knows what he’s doing and is a good person to have at the top while all this goes through.

Disney won't ever give up Hulu since they still have Marvel characters which aren't family friendly like Ghost Rider, Blade and Moon Knight.

Disney also have R-rated films like Pretty Woman and Con Air. They won't let Comcast outbid them.

Will a bidding war slow down the process even if Disney wins?

Disney won't ever give up Hulu since they still have Marvel characters which aren't family friendly like Ghost Rider, Blade and Moon Knight.

Disney also have R-rated films like Pretty Woman and Con Air. They won't let Comcast outbid them.

Disney doesn't have to control a streaming service to accommodate their more adult fare. They can do what they've done in the past and license their more mature product out to the highest bidder. But most of the Mouse's most valuable properties are suitable for the Disney branded service.

Rzfd3Z4.gif

Will a bidding war slow down the process even if Disney wins?

It shouldn't. I'd expect the process to continue unless Comcast wins. I think a bidding war won't be that extensive. Comcast will make an offer. Disney will make a better one and then Comcast probably won't be able to go much higher.

Sigh...

Does the thought of the FF being home really scare them that much?

Or is it the fear that the new BO king will be AvsX, at 3 big bills?

The all cash bid at a “premium to the value of the current all-share offer from Disney" hasn't been set yet but supposedly in the $60 billion range. The $1.52 billion break-up fee Fox would also have to pay to Disney if sale doesn't go through for any reason other than regulatory body blocking the sale.

Looks like Comcast is trying to ruin Disney's plans of getting X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool movie rights back from Fox https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-to-buy-21st-century-fox-and-control-of-hulu/

A user under the comments section at CBM posted the following I think perhaps sums up this whole situation up best until more news actually develops:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/23/com...e-difficult-tax-implications-sources-say.html

Fox would love Disney's stock because Disney's stock bids is tax-free.

Comcast's cash offer would be regulatory taxed by the government.

In other words, Comcast's $60 billion cash offer compared to Disney's $52 billion stocks isn't as much as you would think it is.

Fox already declined Comcast's higher offer back in December. This is more on Comcast now putting out a front not to get embarrassed like they did when their stocks fell in December, at least trying to show the world they have the money and can buy Fox.

And we haven't even talked about how much harder it would be for a Comcast-Fox deal would be passed by Congress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"