The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]542947[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]542381[/split]

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It's fine for them to come back with a much higher FINAL bid at a later date but if they were to do so then shareholders would have wanted to know by now that they are still working on something.

4. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I haven't really looked into it recently, but back when I was investigating it, the government was protecting cable companies like Comcast by not allowing other services (like Dish or DirectTV) to carry local programming.

The cable companies had lobbied and argued that they invested all that money in infrastructure and they didn't want other companies swooping in and taking 'their' customers. And the government passed laws to give them what they wanted.

That may be changing, but if so, it's probably changing slowly, and I'm afraid I might not be able to get everything I want even if (as in the article I posted above) the new service promises me I can.

5. Willie Lumpkin

Yeah, they'd really be slapping the face of shareholders who might have stood up for them if they come out of nowhere with a bid.

With each day that passes without a bid and without any mention of a bid, shareholders get more firmly of the mindset: "Well, I guess it's going to be Disney then. Let's finish this up."

And the closer they are to finishing it up, the less interested Fox shareholders will be in scrapping everything to start over - even with a higher bid.

6. Willie Lumpkin

7. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

Peyton Reed recently spoke more about the possibility on bringing The First Family into the MCU.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  8. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I like the sound of that.

9. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

I'm not sure I want a period piece F4 film

10. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

He may be able to modernize his existing concept to fit a modern MCU.

11. Willie Lumpkin

I was a little concerned about Reed, but Ant-Man and the Wasp is getting good reviews and I'm liking everything he's saying... so I'm on-board.

12. Willie Lumpkin

Yeah, I'm assuming he would do a completely different story since whatever he was imagining in the early 2000's probably wouldn't work the same now that we've seen and done so much.

But I trust Marvel, I trust Feige and I trust Reed. Whatever they come up with will have me there for the midnight show.

13. Big Bang

Big Bang Well-Known Member

I hope Reed collaborates with Brad Bird a bit. Between those two they should be able to get it right.

14. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Read that as Reed Richards and not Peyton Reed. lol

15. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I know there is talk that if/when Marvel Studios gets back F4 and the X-men, they won't be in Phase 4 as there would 'be no time to bring them in", but I don't think that's the case...

I think they will be inserted in either the middle or end of Phase 4 and not only that, their inclusion may be what pushes Marvel Studios to go to 4 movies a year on some years. KF did say they could go to 4 movies a year if there was a good enough reason...this qualifies.

16. Jordacar

Jordacar The Endless One

[​IMG]

17. MasterCat

MasterCat Well-Known Member

18. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

I hope so. One of the problems with having the Fantastic Four exist in the 60's is the continuity problems it would cause.

The MCU already has 60's legacy characters in Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyme. In the the flashback scene set in 1989 from the first Ant-Man, Hank Pym mentions Howard Stark with no mention of Reed Richards. If Fantastic Four already had existed in the 60's then surely Pym would've given some mention of his friend/rival Reed Richards.
    In Spider-Man Homecoming there's murals that showcase the prominent scientist in MCU history that includes Howard Stark & Bruce Banner. If Reed Richards who's one of the smartest men on the planet; who's the leader of the ultra-popular superhero quartet that calls themselves the "Fantastic Four" doesn't get a mural that celebrates his genius alongside other fellow scientists in the MCU then he must've been a crappy scientist.

The Fantastic Four have to be in modern day IMO.

19. MasterCat

What if the studio has Peyton Reed chomping at the bit to do 1960s Fantastic 4 and no one interested in 2020s F4? Delay them until they find the right director?

20. Tymminator

I think some of those may be place holders, but I think they will space them accordingly. Feige mentioned 4 movies as a possibility and he would not have said it if they were not at least thinking of it.

2020 may be a tad early then what I'm thinking anyway, more like 2021 or so, but yeah, I feel they are coming and the only way they won't be in Phase 4 is if they don't own them, which at this stage it's looking more and more likely the will have them before the end of this year.

21. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

I'd just like to say as, I just need a Doom... DOOM!... that is as much a wielder of the mystic arts as he is a genius.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Keep Hope Alive discussion.

22. MasterCat

Doom is the really important person here.

23. Tymminator

Hmmmm...

Well, you didn't know how great Pym was until Ant-man. And Pym mentions Stark but only because Stark was brought up and it was not even in a positive way. In that movie (or any movie) if Reed had no need to be brought up, he wouldn't be, like in real life. As far as why Reed's picture wasn't there in SM:H, they can say he was on the opposite wall (that you don't see) with other scientists or literally any other excuse. That's not really a problem.

For example, in real life Lincoln is a pretty famous president, It's safe to say everyone in the US (who I know anyway) knows who he is and if he is brought up, they can say something about him. Yet despite this, I have not read or heard anything about him from anyone in at least 3 weeks, same for Einstein, Prince or Britney Spears.

I'm sure SOMEONE out there mentioned these people to someone else, but in my life around those I work with and hang out with, they have not been mentioned once in that time. In the case of Lincoln, I am actually close to someone when they were were working on their Doctorate over a decade ago, they wrote a thesis on him and at the same time, nothing in the last 3 weeks (at least) from her.

Now with those facts, within the time of a 2 hour movie, do you really think we (as viewers to the MCU) will know all the scientists that Pym or anyone else knows if they are not specifically brought up for a reason?

Long story short, no mention from within a 2 hour movie doesn't really mean anything and should never be considered a continuity error of any sort.

24. Willie Lumpkin

Peyton Reed seems to clearly indicate he doesn’t intend to make the same film he envisioned 20 years ago. And if Feige says: “Here’s the framework for the FF film I want you to make.”, I think he’d be happy to work within that framework.

If they go retro, it will be because that’s the story Feige wants to tell. And if Feige wants a contemporary story, he’ll get Reed or someone else to direct it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  25. Tymminator

:up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.