The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Pheonix is a wash. They'll release it, it'll do fine, and then promptly be forgotten.

Dark Pheonix is a wash. They'll release it, it'll do fine, and then promptly be forgotten.
What if it taints not only the Dark Phoenix story but also Scott, Jean, Storm and Beast? What if It causes Marvel to "Homecoming" X-Men and exclude the core members because of fatigue?

5575159-8811923779-tumbl.gif

What ever happens with DP I think the smart move is to put xmen in a.cool down period and introduce F4 first.

What if it taints not only the Dark Phoenix story but also Scott, Jean, Storm and Beast? What if It causes Marvel to "Homecoming" X-Men and exclude the core members because of fatigue?

It won't. This fear is overrated. TASM2 didn't ruin Spider-Man in the end (Disney fixed it), and any damage DP does will be minimal and repaired the second Wolverine pops up in a movie.

Having the x-men back to use in fighting games is probably one of my favorite parts in all of this

Now we can get a real marvel vs capcom game

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Finally!

It won't. This fear is overrated. TASM2 didn't ruin Spider-Man in the end (Disney fixed it), and any damage DP does will be minimal and repaired the second Wolverine pops up in a movie.
But It may cause Marvel to make drastic changes to the X-Men like Homecoming did if the stink of Dark Phoenix is too strong. We may not even get any of the core members of the X-Men because of SO ala Harry, Gwen and Mary Jane.

There is too much at stake for Dark Phoenix to be released but now we have no choice.

Fingers crossed for X-MEN in either '21 or '22

That depends on whether Dark Phoenix and New Mutants come out.

Unlike the Fantastic Four films the X-Men films have fans and some decent movies. Marvel will likely want to wait so that there will be less comparisons as possible and for people to get over the Fox versions ending.

I'm thinking maybe 2024 at the earliest with cameos and after credit scenes up until then.

It won't taint the brand anymore than ASM2 did for Spider-Man and Marvel was able to repair his image with his appearance in Civil War then went on release the second most successful Spider-Man film that made more than the Web duology did. The X-Men franchise has already went through brand damaging films with a double whammy of Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins and emerged fine with Days Of Future Past released a few years later being the highest grossing X-film(sans Deadpool, of course).
All indications is that Dark Phoenix will merely be mediocre but not Fan4stic or Batman and Robin bad. I'm sure it won't hurt the brand that much at all.

Whether or not DP does well or makes money is irrelevant really. The ship has sailed on that film series in favor of Marvel Studios X-Men.

Oh my God. If we get a real X-Men vs Street Fighter 2 or atleast a real Marvel vs Capcom 4....

Jack-Donaghy-Crying-Into-Pillow-30-Rock.gif

I need at least two members of the Fantastic Four to finally debut in Marvel vs Capcom. It's overdue.

There's no way Fox/Kinberg made a movie with Fassbender, McAvoy, and Lawrence and didn't center the movie around them. The team will definitely have a more prominent role this time around but I can guarantee you it won't be enough to sour people on the characters.

That said - the Dark Pheonix storyline is dead.

Party time and new thread!!

Now that Disney owns 39% of Sky...does that mean they can negotiate with Comcast to sell their share...or does Disney have to wait until the deal is officially closed in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"