The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to know what Marvel/Disney got for allowing Sony to use Peter Porker (a frozen character that required the former's approval) and (if true) the subsequent TV shows that Sony does not have the rights to.

When did these talks take place do we know? Could they have quietly extended the deal?

I don't believe these leaks. Going as far as to state the actors is what gives it away. When has Marvel ever casted an actor for a role without first announcing the movie, writer and director.

When did these talks take place do we know? Could they have quietly extended the deal?

I'm not privy to that information, but I would guess it all took place in the 02/2015 deal.I would guess Feige and maybe other execs will get asked about it at some point since Feige did mention it was a 5 picture deal (that would then expired after FFH).

Ugh. Only Kaya is a decent choice for Jessica Drew. Shailene or Dakota don't seem like her at all. I wish they'd get a British actress for her anyway, since that is what she was originally. I feel that she'll be so watered down from the comics.

Emily Blunt would actually have been a decent choice for Jessica, even though people want to cast her as everyone else. But if not her, then someone who would seem like they could fit into a period piece but then is juxtaposed on modern day.

That’s funny, One of the biggest complaints about the fox x-men films is how they’ve focused too much on the mutant rights issues and not enough on the team’s actual adventures.

Just don’t make it the ‘Charles and Erik show featuring special guest star Wolverine’ at everyone else’s expense.

That's not all, oh no.

Kamala - Already confirmed by Feige himself... sort of.
America and Riri - Scoopers have been hinting that both may join the MCU soon for a while.
Miles - This is the one I'm skeptical about... I don't see Marvel replacing Peter anytime soon. Plus he already has his own franchise.

If we get a live action Miles, maybe his best friend will be Harry Osborne but named Robbie Robertson. :o

If we get another season, I want Bushmaster back. I was rooting for him throughout the series. Misty is a must, would love it if we get Shades and Maria's daughter back too.

If it's with the same actors coming back, I want a Bushmaster prequel.
That guy was fantastic... I don't want to see Colter again, thank you. It would be equally horrifying and sad to see him strain something trying to convey the smallest amount of true emotion.

Mike Colter: I don't want any kind of physical action or violence. I don't want an attitude or to be a man of many words. I don't want a costume or to wear yellow. I don't want to be called Power Man or even to be named Luke Cage. I don't want to hang out in Harlem. I definitely don't want to say "Sweet Christmas", and I don't want to team up with Iron Fist or anyone else in the MCU.

Jeph Loeb: Alright, you've got the part!

:o

The one thing I hope the MCU gets right about X-Men is maintaining that fear that humans have with mutants. Keep the Avengers revered but let the public hate the X-Men and keep the whole narrative of protecting the world that hates and fears them. That is something the FOX-Men only got half right.

And if Kiki Layne isn’t Ororo, she’d make a great Riri Williams.

That’s funny, One of the biggest complaints about the fox x-men films is how they’ve focused too much on the mutant rights issues and not enough on the team’s actual adventures.

Just don’t make it the ‘Charles and Erik show featuring special guest star Wolverine’ at everyone else’s expense.
They definitely have and I'd prefer Marvel to dwell on that aspect less in the FIRST movie. The Singer formula is tired

The one thing I hope the MCU gets right about X-Men is maintaining that fear that humans have with mutants. Keep the Avengers revered but let the public hate the X-Men and keep the whole narrative of protecting the world that hates and fears them. That is something the FOX-Men only got half right.

And if Kiki Layne isn’t Ororo, she’d make a great Riri Williams.

This is why I think starting with Avengers vs X-Men would make perfect sense in the context of the MCU. The Avengers are celebrities while the X-Men would be feared even by the Avengers.

This is why I think starting with Avengers vs X-Men would make perfect sense in the context of the MCU. The Avengers are celebrities while the X-Men would be feared even by the Avengers.

That seems more like something that would've built up over a while with the X-Men resenting the Avengers. Doing that at the start doesn't seem to make sense. You have to establish the X-Men and the world fearing them first. The two teams fighting should be like the boiling point, not the first thing out the gate.

That seems more like something that would've built up over a while with the X-Men resenting the Avengers. Doing that at the start doesn't seem to make sense. You have to establish the X-Men and the world fearing them first. The two teams fighting should be like the boiling point, not the first thing out the gate.

I mean yea both ways could work but if you start off with Avengers v X-Men you can spin that off and the first x-men standalone movie can be the x-men dealing with irrational fear the general public has of mutants in the MCU, Even though at the end of Avengers v X-Men you have Tony vouch for the X-Men but the public are still divided but they promise to prove themselves by helping out. Kinda like Spider-Man.

This. The events leading up to Avengers vs. X-Men could be a trilogy in itself. There would be no reason for the Avengers to go after or fight the X-Men when they barely know anything about them at this point

AvX should be a gradual buildup, if it’s not the next Infinity War, it should be at the very least at the level of CA: Civil War.

But that division between how the public perceives the Avengers and X-Men would be great. That’s why they should do little things to build up AvX and change things up: Rogue absorbs Carol, Tony indirectly helps Trask create Sentinels, Spidey could go to school with mutants and watch them get bullied, Wakanda is afraid of Storm and doesn’t think she’s fit to be with T’Challa because she’s a mutant, do little things like that to lead us to AvX.

Actually, Inferno would be a fun CA: Civil War esque movie then you could have either AvX or Secret War to be the Infinity War level movie.

Starring Dazzler of course.

Of course. I've been wanting an MCU Dazzler movie for ages. It's Marvel's chance to break into the musical genre. They could even get some of the Disney songwriters to write a fantastic soundtrack which would have tons of crossover appeal.

If you think how big "Let it Go" was and how it catapulted Frozen into one of the highest grossing movies of all time, then imagine capturing that audience and demographic, having a catchy soundtrack and adding it to the MCU monster hit machine. It could easily take it into the billion dollar club again. The combined might of an MCU movie and a Disney musical. It could be unstoppable.

Finally saw into the spiderverse. It was good but I wouldn't say its as good as the reviews made it out to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"