The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part 31

Her mom is saying a friend of hers can sell our house for 5% as opposed to our guy’s 6%. We’re keeping ours, even if just for the principle of it.

1% can make a big difference depending on the amount you sell for, but, here's the thing.....real estate agents also push and show houses more.....eagerly????.....depending on what their commission is. You might very well get more out of your house or sell it more quickly. You should make your own choice and meet with other agents unless you're really sold on this person. It's all up to you. Your property, your choice.

I’m still living with my brother and basically doing well. The divorce isn’t finalized and we haven’t sold the house.

Right now I’m just glad to be away from that family. My sister in law was supposed to move out a few days ago but had hardly done any packing. My wife did a lot of the packing but her sister is whining that she needs more furniture. This is setting back the time frame for her moving out, which moves my wife’s timeline to move out of our house and putting it on the market. Apparently my wife is being called selfish because she’s not being supportive of her sister. They remind her that she is marrying someone like her father. Sounds like it’s her fault for marrying someone like that.

I’m still living with my brother and basically doing well. The divorce isn’t finalized and we haven’t sold the house.

Right now I’m just glad to be away from that family. My sister in law was supposed to move out a few days ago but had hardly done any packing. My wife did a lot of the packing but her sister is whining that she needs more furniture. This is setting back the time frame for her moving out, which moves my wife’s timeline to move out of our house and putting it on the market. Apparently my wife is being called selfish because she’s not being supportive of her sister. They remind her that she is marrying someone like her father. Sounds like it’s her fault for marrying someone like that.

"I confess" that reading this makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because the situation is awful, no one should live like that but happy because you are no longer part of that madness.

You have made the right decision and I'm very proud of you for that. I was about time!

"I confess" that reading this makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because the situation is awful, no one should live like that but happy because you are no longer part of that madness.

You have made the right decision and I'm very proud of you for that. I was about time!
I feel exactly the same way. I wish the best for her, but I don’t know if she’ll ever really escape them.
There was always some problem going on with them and I was never going to be accepted by them. I needed to get out because there was no winning.

So I had a coffee date earlier this afternoon. It went ok, the conversation was nice. After the date, later in the day i texted her hope she got home safe, I had a good time and hope we can do it again soon. She replied a few hours later saying sorry for the delay, it was good meeting me and let’s stay in touch.

....So that’s like, a no from her, right?

So I had a coffee date earlier this afternoon. It went ok, the conversation was nice. After the date, later in the day i texted her hope she got home safe, I had a good time and hope we can do it again soon. She replied a few hours later saying sorry for the delay, it was good meeting me and let’s stay in touch.

Yeah, if she said "let's stay in touch" then it sounds like she liked you but maybe only as a potential friend.

Unfortunately, it certainly seems this way.

I get why women (and I suppose people) do this, as I guess they don't feel so bad about it, but sometimes I really wish people would just say it straight and like it is. The whole lets stay in touch or lets be friends when it's simply meant as a kind turn down ... I'd rather not have that personally (and I've had it plenty of times).

As said by @InvisibleWoman , onwards and upwards my friend. This one wasn't meant to be.

I personally wouldn't assume that. Different people communicate differently and only time will tell. The delayed response, in and of itself, means nothing. Hell, I often can't get my frelling wife and answer me. LOL. The bottom line is that it's very, very easy to misinterpret people. When I was younger, a lot of people thought I was stuck up and arrogant. You want to know why? (I'm going to tell you whether you like it or not so you might as well want to... :hehe: ) It was because I was painfully shy. Especially around women. I've since gotten well over that, but it shows how easy it is to misinterpret people.

I would wait a couple of days, think about doing something nice.....maybe a picnic if the weather is nice. Find out what she likes and pack a lunch (don't forget the wine :word: .....unless she's on the wagon or something :eek: ). Be yourself. Better yet, be yourself, but emphasize the funny and creative. Maybe have the picnic catered or food dropped off. That would be funny and creative.

Oh yeah.....If you want any food suggestions, @DKDetective , @MissMarvelous87 , and I would be happy to give you some suggestions. A warning though; if you want DK's help, you better start cooking now and stay away from the Marvelous Ms. M's cookies. :p

In any case, people like to be entertained and have fun. Find out about her; her likes and dislikes. Joke around if she's into that. People like people who show interest in them.

Of course this is assuming she's up for a 2nd date......there is that.....if not, there are a lot of people in this big world.

EDIT: Oh yeah....one other thing......keep things LIGHT. No discussing marriage on the second date. :funny:

Unfortunately, it certainly seems this way.

I get why women (and I suppose people) do this, as I guess they don't feel so bad about it, but sometimes I really wish people would just say it straight and like it is. The whole lets stay in touch or lets be friends when it's simply meant as a kind turn down ... I'd rather not have that personally (and I've had it plenty of times).

As said by @InvisibleWoman , onwards and upwards my friend. This one wasn't meant to be.

Yeah I wasn’t really into her anyway. No love loss here

Yeah I wasn’t really into her anyway. No love loss here

Well, if you don't really want a 2nd date, it would appear that I just wasted a lot of time. :funny:

EDIT: If you think you might want a friend in her, I would still pursue. Friends are awesome and often open up new vistas.

I can't help but disagree with that advice @InCali . I obviously don't know the entire context of the message that was received, but if it was practically "thanks for today, let's stay in touch" without any other subtext, that can't possibly be a means to anything other than a soft turn down.

If you are going to message her again @Prison Mike , for the love of god do keep it light! :confused: Further attempts at pursuing her (for dating or friendship) could be perceived as hassling, though only you know what sorta' vibe you're getting from her.

You should come by to the kitchen thread and share the recipe!

Look delicious... But do they taste good?
They are not sweet, but the smell and texture is just like the real thing!
I will get the recipe from the book and share it at some point, promise... :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"