The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part 31

I don't have the money to buy a nice brand and not sure if any of the kinds you can find at Target (as one example) smell all that great.
Just go to a late open retail outlet before your date next time and spray yourself with one of the free options. :D:

Quick question :D first date, you go to a bar/restaurant/whatever and now is paying time: do men WANT TO pay?

Also, do you even care or does it bother you if the lady tries to grab her wallet to pay?

My first instinct is to pay. So I will reach for my wallet first. I would prefer to pay for myself on a first date, at the very least. So we can split the check if my date wants to. It's not so much a I don't want a women to pay for me thing as much as it is I don't like feeling like a free loader, and even if the date doesn't see it that way it's what I would be thinking to myself.

Quick question :D first date, you go to a bar/restaurant/whatever and now is paying time: do men WANT TO pay?
I am of the opinion that first dates should be split, or at least compensated (you buy first round, they buy second). A gesture is all good and well, but if you're forever paying on first dates where there are no follow-ups, then that's potentially a lot of dates where the other person is getting a free meal just by turning up; and it wouldn't surprise me if so people do that intentionally.

Typically, of the dates I've been on, be that for food, drinks or whatever, everything has been split or compensated. There's been one or two occasions where this hasn't happened, but none that have cost me an arm and a leg.

Also, do you even care or does it bother you if the lady tries to grab her wallet to pay?
Unless I'd paid first, and she'd paid second, then I think it would bother me a little, yeah. I wouldn't expect a woman to pay for me on a first date, that's for sure. If she wanted to split the bill, I'd be okay with that, but not pay for the entirety of it.

If I'm the one who asks the woman out on a legit date (not a first time casual meetup) I pay. Last night we went 50/50 for the most part since it was more casual. She bought the first round and then I paid for the meal and she bought a second round after that.

Things went good by the way and she said she would love to meet up with me again.

It's funny because my worry with most people (not just women) is that I'm a bit too boring since I'm not a huge talkative type unless it's certain subjects. She was telling me some stories of past guys who practically don't say s***. That made me feel better about myself since I was matching her in conversation.

One of my co-workers said last year she went on a date and the guy just told her multiple times how beautiful she was...and that was about it. I was curious as to what the f*** he texted her in the first place to get her to meet him. Boggled my mind. :funny:

Niiice! And what about you?

I also really want to meet up with her again but I still want to talk to a few others as well. As I said a day or two ago, when trying to meet someone you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

Only problem is if I find one of the other two to be a better match it's going to be a huge pain in the ass for someone like me to have to possibly break if off with the others.

That's life in the dating world I guess.

Only problem is if I find one of the other two to be a better match it's going to be a huge pain in the ass for someone like me to have to possibly break if off with the others.

Not if the others break it off with you first, Champ ;) but I get what you mena. Never been there, tho' just in mind. And the scenario was not promising.

You'll find someone who is gonna blow your mind and then you won't hesitate to get a "second/third basket"

Before I met up with her last night I dropped by Target. There is this body wash I like called Nivea and my current bottle is getting low. Ended up coming across an aftershave that brand has so I bought it and put a touch of that on.

Yaaaas! I'm so proud. The fact that you care, is more than enough.

It's a silly thing, really, but it is nice. And the whole get ready for the date is awesome, right? Well, Per se, it sucks because most of the time one gets oh-so-anxious about the whole deal but after you meet your date, pufff that anxiety goes away.

I want more of you dating!!! As in, right now :p

Oh I definitely worry and care about my hygiene. For example, I don't get how some guys let their finernails go without thinking it has to be gross to others. Like one of my closest friends, when he wears sandles he's got werewolf claws growing down there. Clip that s***!

The other woman I have been talking to backed out of meeting this past Monday due to being burnt out from covering her manager for a week. Said she would still want to meet up eventually though. This Sat or Sun I'm going to see if she's up for it Mon or Tues. Her next days off.

It's funny because my worry with most people (not just women) is that I'm a bit too boring since I'm not a huge talkative type unless it's certain subjects. She was telling me some stories of past guys who practically don't say s***. That made me feel better about myself since I was matching her in conversation
I can't speak from the female perspective, but I'd imagine some women prefer the quieter (not silent) guys. If I went on a date and the girl/woman constantly talked barely allowing me to get a word in edgeways, there wouldn't be a second date to follow it up, that's for sure.

All any of us can really do is be ourselves; if we're the quieter type, then the right woman will appreciate and desire that, otherwise it's the wrong girl to be dating. No point anyone trying to be someone they're not, cause the truth will be evident eventually. In your case though, I'd assume you were talkative enough to maintain her interest good enough for her to want a second date with you.

I also really want to meet up with her again but I still want to talk to a few others as well. As I said a day or two ago, when trying to meet someone you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
I may be confusing you with someone else, but didn't you say not so long back that you don't multi-date? If that was you, what changed?

giphy.gif

I may be confusing you with someone else, but didn't you say not so long back that you don't multi-date? If that was you, what changed?

I don't recall saying that but if I did I must have worded it wrong. I do remember commenting about how I don't need to hear or want to know directly if a woman I'm interested is also dating a number of other guys. You or someone else had brought up that a woman they went on a few dates with brought that up and I just chimed in.

Little update.

Meetup with the bartender on Tuesday went fairly well. Met up at this bar she likes and hung out on the outside patio. We brought both our dogs since it's a dog friendly place. No real awkward silences which was nice. Not sure if on her end if she felt a connection at all or it's just her personality, a bit dry I guess you could say. She said to keep in touch and we should meet up at this dog park she knows of sometime.

Last night I met up with the redhead again for a legit "date" and I paid. Got some food at this nice burger joint and right next door is this wine and craft beer bar. Went over there for a few drinks. After that, well the night went very well. :D

Very nice, Casanova! And? Are you ready to choose :p or you are going for a second date with the bartender?

Wonderful! :D

Little update: I came across with the guy I told you before (the guy with the girlfriend), last week during lunch break, we waved hello, exchanged a few words, the askhole told me to write him some time... I told him "yeah, you do that", his reply was "I've lost some numbers" (yeah, and I lost yours after pressing "are you sure you want to delete his number?" YES). So, he gave his number so that I could send him a message, which I did and then he saved my number.

He's single, or so I believe for he is moving out. That's all I know after a few messages.

Today, I sent him a message to which I have no heard a reply to 3 hours on the clock-. Ok, he may be busy, I get that but why do guys say "text me" if they are going to play dumb? WHy do people have the necessity of saying things they don't mean?

Today, I sent him a message to which I have no heard a reply to 3 hours on the clock-. Ok, he may be busy, I get that but why do guys say "text me" if they are going to play dumb? WHy do people have the necessity of saying things they don't mean?
:rolleyes:

Wonderful! :D

Little update: I came across with the guy I told you before (the guy with the girlfriend), last week during lunch break, we waved hello, exchanged a few words, the askhole told me to write him some time... I told him "yeah, you do that", his reply was "I've lost some numbers" (yeah, and I lost yours after pressing "are you sure you want to delete his number?" YES). So, he gave his number so that I could send him a message, which I did and then he saved my number.

He's single, or so I believe for he is moving out. That's all I know after a few messages.

Obviously not everyone is like that of course but it really seems the way things tend to be now days. People seem troubled to spend a few seconds to message someone. Even if it's just to let you know they are busy and will text again later.

It was similar to that blonde I was also talking to on one of the dating apps. We would talk and then absolutely nothing after I was the last one to text, asking her a question. It's definitely annoying and I'm still working on not letting it get to me, which can be easier said than done at times.

Def easier said than done! Gee.

I don't get it, really. If we are both "adults", it should be easier and if you're not really interested, then just keep going and don't screw the other person over with your ego needs.

Def easier said than done! Gee.

I don't get it, really. If we are both "adults", it should be easier and if you're not really interested, then just keep going and don't screw the other person over with your ego needs.

Yeah, I really don't get some people some times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"