The Relationship Thread: Single Posters on Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting on this thread. My relationship with my guy is on hold at the moment. Past relationships got in the way I think, more mine than his. So not liking it either.

ROVdDgY.gif

Bumped because this gif is too good to not bump.

I wish echostation would post more, I love his bizarre posts. :woot:

Before I came across my cherry blossom, I made a profile on plenty of fish. To me that site is pretty craptacular.

Agreed. I hate POF. OKCupid is much preferred. That site seems to be of a bit higher quality.

And by higher quality, I mean, and semblance of quality what so ever. POF? Psssshhh.

Wait... I feel like I missed something in this thread.

From what you've said, you really didn't give online dating a chance. First off, you were on a free dating site, as they say you get what you pay for. Yes, Anita met her husband on POF, but she was on the site for a couple years if I remember correctly. You were on for what, 2 weeks? You sent about 15 messages as well, do you try to tailor them to the profile? Or was it just "Hey, you seem interesting, wanna go out", as moviedoors said, that didn't work, but the funny message did.

I remember when I was doing online dating there was a girl who mentioned she wanted a guy who knew the difference between to, too and two in her profile, so I used all three in my message and mentioned it at the end. That got me a response, it didn't work out, but you need stuff like that in the message, something that makes you stand out from the crowd. I met my wife online, I was on eHarmony for about 5 months before meeting her and sent well over 15 messages, some got a response, many didn't, some of the replies made it to a date and didn't work out. It takes time and patience and it also helps if that's not the only thing you're doing to meet people.

Spending two weeks online, some of your messages, you might not have even given the girl time to respond. Anita said towards the end she'd check the account maybe once a week. Just because you're there every day or every other day doesn't mean other people are. Heck, I never even checked my account during weekend, I had stuff going on, online dating was a weekday activity, not weekend.

Yea I can admit I didn't put my all in to it and iv realized why. I'm not over my ex. I mean I got to the point where I'd look at a girls profile and ask, is she hotter than my ex? Is she the same height? Does she have tattoos like my ex? Piercings like my ex? A smile like my ex? Hair like my ex, etc. If they didn't meet most of my criteria, I wouldn't be interested.

I would tailor each message to each girl though. I'd find some common interest and comment on that. Looking back though, I'm glad none of it worked out. No one on that site, even the fake profiles didnt come close to my ex in appearance and I don't want to settle.

I just need to let time do its thing I guess. Hopefully ill forget my ex's face and ill be able to try the online thing again with new lessons learned and a much more persistent attitude.

First time posting on this thread. My relationship with my guy is on hold at the moment. Past relationships got in the way I think, more mine than his. So not liking it either.

Hay gurl.:cwink:

Agreed. I hate POF. OKCupid is much preferred. That site seems to be of a bit higher quality.

And by higher quality, I mean, and semblance of quality what so ever. POF? Psssshhh.

Wait... I feel like I missed something in this thread.

I met my gf on POF. This thread is partly responsible. OKCupid almost made me give up on dating websites entirely.

I met my gf on POF. This thread is partly responsible. OKCupid almost made me give up on dating websites entirely.

What didn't you like about OKC? Im curious as i figured when/if i jump back into online dating id give that place a shot.

Funny how I just got done talking about how I've never so much as gotten a reply from a dating website, and then I just got a message on OKCupid.

I checked out her profile... still not sure how attracted to her I am, but I did respond. She hasn't really sent me a message of any substance, and I guess I didn't reply back to her last one fast enough for her because she sent me another one that said "Well okay, just message me anytime then".

What didn't you like about OKC? Im curious as i figured when/if i jump back into online dating id give that place a shot.

I think with any dating website you'll hear a fair share of horror stories. I've just had bad luck on the OKCupid site. Also I could never get my profile at 100%. Another thing is these quizzes that can make or break you. Some girls have a quiz you must take before talking to them. It can be a problem if you don't want to answer specifically without discussing the grey areas.

At least with my experience POF was more accessible. I would try both sites just to get yourself in the game though.

^Aren't you a ray of sunshine. :whatever:

Last edited:
I think with any dating website you'll hear a fair share of horror stories. I've just had bad luck on the OKCupid site. Also I could never get my profile at 100%. Another thing is these quizzes that can make or break you. Some girls have a quiz you must take before talking to them. It can be a problem if you don't want to answer specifically without discussing the grey areas.

At least with my experience POF was more accessible. I would try both sites just to get yourself in the game though.
OKCupid is run by a bunch of nerds. As in, they have lots of quizzes and try to imply compatibility with said quizzes. So what bullets claims about girls pre-judging compatibility with a quiz before even talking to you doesn't surprise me about OKCupid. It's like a self-monitoring Eharmony? :funny:

I'd try everything. I mean, if it's there and it's free, why not? If you have the funds, why not try some paid sites too? I do know one couple who met each other on Eharmony and got married. They literally tested 100% compatibility and that's why they got together. :oldrazz: It's a little sterile (and Eharmony is expensive) but whatever floats your boat, ya know?

But yeah, I was on POF for three years before meeting my husband. If I was less picky/paranoid about things, I probably would have gotten more relationships out of it, but that was my only relationship from it too. It worked out. :oldrazz: I know my husband broke up with his last girlfriend (that he found from POF and dated for all of 3 months) a few months before he met me. So it certainly doesn't have to be as dire as I'm making it out to be. :oldrazz: Clearly he wasn't as paranoid/picky as I was....

My girl thinks she's Batman. :wow:

Speaking of plenty of fish, it looks like it has a really naked look to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"