The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Rhino: Suit Vs. Cross-Species

A suit to separate Rhino from the cross-species stuff, which seems likely to resurface with Green Goblin.

Unless its leading up to the Goblin. I've never been really into the comics for spider-man but it seems that in the last decade they have turned him into another chapter of the super soldier question. But I guess that could be said of most superheroes.

I want it to be a robotic suit, but I'm almost certain it'll be cross-species; and I'm okay with that.

How is that any more soulless than a man in Rhino-like suite ala 616 or repeating the cross-species concept.
Classic Rhino has heart. Ultimate is just a raging machine. You don't get emotion from a mechanical face.

017.jpg

stolen serum taken from set pictures, seems they may be going for cross-species

Last edited:
Classic Rhino has heart. Ultimate is just a raging machine. You don't get emotion from a mechanical face.

You do when the mech suit doesn't include a mask that covers the face. Or when the face shield is raised for dialogue.

You're thinking Iron Man kind of suit, I'm thinking USM kind of suit, which is what was said in the poll. There is no human face there. The human inside is smaller than Peter.

A cross species is TOTALLY overdoing it

Spider-man from a Spider-bite
The Lizard from a Lizard DNA serum
Electro from Eels

And now Rhino from Rhino serum?

Not at all,it should to be a mechanical suit like Iron Monger's.Got to have some versatility among Villians

My face if we find out it's cross-species Rhino:

okayguy.jpg

I can see where guys are coming from with this whole sort of variation angle - so much cross species stuff could be over kill and variation is good but at the same time, I think it makes sense within the overall narrative of the series... I mean, as said, there is the through line of the movies where they are doing cross species/genetics testing to try to save/cure Norman... It seems to me, at this point in time, that they are building to a Sinister Six film where all the villains will have come from Osborn experiments/formulas...

But that train of thought gives me a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking what they would do should they want to do Doc Ock again :(

I also wonder if Green Goblin will eventually be some sort of "mixture" of all the villains/DNA testing done thus far but it all goes wrong and he starts becoming the Goblin - Lizard makes him green, Rhino makes him strong/think skinned and perhaps the Electro DNA/formula doesn't mix well with the others so instead of electric powers he gets fireball powers...

I mean, I'm not saying that's what I want, I'm just saying I can see it leading to something like that... I would much rather have the 616 Goblin mask than USM Goblin but if they do end up going that route, I hope he at least wears the purple hood/cowl.. maybe he will just become disfigured (pointy ears, big nose, green scars) so he wears a mask to hide it all...

Anyway, regarding Rhino, I think it would be cool/best to do a cross species/suit combo... Like they could do the cross species side of things to make him super strong and more durable but he wears a suit to enhance his abilities... Maybe he gets dubbed "the Rhino" by the Bugle for the way he can charge through stuff so he makes a Rhino suit to go with the new name.. Just so long as he doesn't start growing a horn.

anything but cross species please.

by cross species i mean a giant rhino-man much like the video game.

if they use rhino dna to form a new type of skin graft armour, then that's a-okay. i just don't want another half man half animal cgi monster running around

If this is the cross species trilogy they would have to go tech in a 4th,5th and 6th

Also 3 villains at the very least set up for sinister 6 maybe?

Last edited:
If they replace Hobgoblin with the Green Goblin within the Sinister Six I'd be okay with that. I also would like them to mention Octavius as a scientist working on a project or for Norman to simply reference him. I'm just curious what they'll end up doing with Harry this time around. In regards to Rhino, I would prefer him in a robotic suit only because it would be different from the previous villains and we've already gotten plenty of cross-species.

On a side note: Are we being led to believe that was suppose to be Electro who visited Connors at the end of TASM?

Organic armor might be cool. I don't think that was Electro; he seemed too assertive to be Max Dillon.

Again, I would like to see something like the power lifter suit from alien, but closely resembling a rhino. Like an industrial version of the USM rhino suit with exposed pistons and cables protruding and stuff... Spidey could disable the suit by picking off important parts, ripping out cables and wires. Like the aesthetics of the robots in Star Wars, where you can see how they work sort of, and they look like they serve a real purpose other than just being robots. Like the early version of C3PO from Ugh Episode I. Where you can see how he works in a way, and if that IS Rhino they are welding in that pic, possibly some hand made sheet metal as a thin skin around the arms and legs and some thin metal plates on the torso.

I can dig it.

I've had about enough of this "it's all about cross-species" crap...

No, the theme of this series isn't cross-species. The theme of the first movie may have been slightly that, but not the entire series. It's just like if the first villain was Vulture in a mechanic suit and then saying "the theme of this new series is mechanical suits"

Lizard was theoretically what he was in the comics, he wasn't changed from something else to cross-species, so this "the theme is obviously cross-species" just baffles me. The only people that interpreted the entire theme as cross-species was Beenox, and that doesn't mean anything concerning the movie sequels

No, the theme of this series isn't cross-species. The theme of the first movie may have been slightly that, but not the entire series. It's just like if the first villain was Vulture in a mechanic suit and then saying "the theme of this new series is mechanical suits"

Lizard was theoretically what he was in the comics, he wasn't changed from something else to cross-species, so this "the theme is obviously cross-species" just baffles me. The only people that interpreted the entire theme as cross-species was Beenox, and that doesn't mean anything concerning the movie sequels

yep. oscorp shouldn't be pigeon-holed into only cross species genetics.

i'm fine with that being the basis for other technologies, but if we end up with a beenox-inspired rogue's gallery i'll be facepalming til high noon

so far this trilogy seems to 3 arks, the gwen stacey stuff, peters parents and norman osborn dying

they are trying to come up with a serum to save osborn and obviously in the end it turns him into the goblin, so yeah its possible all these cross species stuff is a foreshadow to the goblins creation, remembering gene splicing may be part of what gave peter his spidey powers and thats gonna be linked to oscorp and his parents and judging by one of the pictures we see which was a diagram of a spider i think we may end up finding out what these spiders were

you may not like it, and you seem very much angry about the notion but all in all it connects quite alot of things together, connors creating a cross spieces serum in order to save osborn, norman becoming the gobling, his parents role in oscorp and the spiders and if webb wants to keep to that idea then yeah cross species rhino may lead peter into trying to find out whats going on at oscorp = parents,gobling,harry

a rhino tech suit links to nothing really

if we get a 4th,5th and 6th we may go into more tech stuff with doc ock, shocker, vulture,

Last edited:
so far this trilogy seems to 3 arks, the gwen stacey stuff, peters parents and norman osborn dying

they are trying to come up with a serum to save osborn and obviously in the end it turns him into the goblin, so yeah its possible all these cross species stuff is a foreshadow to the goblins creation, remembering gene splicing may be part of what gave peter his spidey powers and thats gonna be linked to oscorp and his parents and judging by one of the pictures we see which was a diagram of a spider i think we may end up finding out what these spiders were

you may not like it, and you seem very much angry about the notion but all in all it connects quite alot of things together, connors creating a cross spieces serum in order to save osborn, norman becoming the gobling, his parents role in oscorp and the spiders and if webb wants to keep to that idea then yeah cross species rhino may lead peter into trying to find out whats going on at oscorp = parents,gobling,harry

a rhino tech suit links to nothing really

it doesn't need to link to anything. It could be just establishing what kind of stuff Spidey is going through now. Also, it could play like a realization "the deeper I get into this superhero business, the worse my opponents get"

it doesn't need to link to anything. It could be just establishing what kind of stuff Spidey is going through now. Also, it could play like a realization "the deeper I get into this superhero business, the worse my opponents get"

for a film everything has to have a purpose, esp for a film with this many characters and subplots, there has to connections otherwise this is out of place to everything else thats going on

there are alot of connections in TASM, some people don't like because its coincidental

just for record indeed it could end up being a suit, i'm just explaining why if this ends up being a cross spieces trilogy why it would make sense for whats going on

Last edited:
I too don't want a cross species theme throughout the whole trilogy. Oscorp is so much more than just that! The Spider-Man rogues gallery should be much more than just talking animals. Makes me wonder if they'll do the Goblin glider at all if they're all about genetics.

But I sadly think that's the route they're taking, if those rumours about the electric eel are true. They're tying it all to Osborn being sick and needing a formula and human trials. The tree of life in Oscorp hints heavily at that. Oscorp perfecting Connors' formula and instead mixing it with Rhino DNA would also make a connection to the first film.

Yes, Beenox are the only guys so far that's made that connection but remember that they had a very tight cooperation with Marc Webb and Sony.

Makes me wonder if they'll do the Goblin glider at all if they're all about genetics.

i'm willing to bet he will have a glider, he can't get up on top of bridges without one =p, unless he is batman of course

I don't see anything wrong either way :oldrazz: And I think theres room for them to go either way.

Remember how Oscorp has been portrayed in TASM? Its a very pharma-based R&D sort of company. Not so much weapons manufacturer and weapons R&D as the Raimi films. Its a different take. Ignore the whole mech stuff in the TASM game because thats really not canon.

Now maybe that was just one facet of Oscorp that was shown in TASM and it is a weapons manufacturer too, that would explain the Rhino suit. But if they stick to Oscorp being a very medical/pharma R&D company, I think thats a pretty cool take :o.

Have it be a serum is fine imo, it fits with the Oscorp arc thats been created. If they're stealing anything of value from Norman, it'd be a serum that he's developing. Another way they could have gone the tech route was just have Aleksei steal from another, weapons based company, but Oscorp is a big presence in these movies.

Only the one vote for cross-species, and my vote for a new interpretation/ Why are you lot so afraid to see something new?

Only the one vote for cross-species, and my vote for a new interpretation/ Why are you lot so afraid to see something new?

Because what we have (616) is great and would it would be nice to see it on screen. If you want something new, create a new character, not a poor interpretation of an existing one (MANDARIN).

And enough of this cross-species ****. I hated the angle of the SSM series of having Oscorp a villain making factory. What was great about the building of Spider-Man's rogues gallery in the comics is that they came from different places using differing branches of science. This created a whole-universe idea- that these extraordinary things were everywhere, not just in isolated and improbable places. And the idea that Oscorp could be so diverse in terms of scientific research is about as ridiculous as Tony Stark conceiving of a cure for Extremis while drunk and knowing little to nothing about the science itself.

Last edited: