The Dark Knight Rises The Riddler Casting: Any Idea ?

with no Riddler, I guess we will never get to see this performance topped.
c4c1735ad7654028e01c59c2ed8e2608.gif

You'll still get to see the Riddler somewhere down the line, it just won't be Nolan's Riddler.

This is disappointing. Then again, maybe its a red herring since Oldman said Riddler would be in it before. Or not, I don't know. Sucks. :csad:

He was just making a guess, he didn't know anything about the film at that time.

I was interested in seeing Nolan's Riddler, but I'm more interested in seeing his take on some other villains, so this isn't a big loss for me. Bane, Hugo Strange, Deadshot... all places I'd like to see Nolan go.

with no Riddler, I guess we will never get to see this performance topped.
c4c1735ad7654028e01c59c2ed8e2608.gif
I actually liked that Riddler, other than him becoming a glamazon at the end of the film. :o He was definitely a hell of a lot better than that version of Two-Face, even if he was a bit of a Joker clone.

so don't post here? why troll this thread among all the other threads about characters who won't be in the movie?

When did I ever become a trol? What I said was perfectly harmless.
Please don't toss that 'word' around as if it's candy during HALLOWEEN.

I'm actually kinda' glad The Riddler won't be in it. I would rather like to see someone we haven't seen on celluloid before like Black Mask or Hugo Strange. Ra's Al Ghul returning is also something I'd be down with.

Agreed on every account.

So you'd prefer to see someone that hasn't been in a Bat film before they reboot Riddler, but then in the very next sentence you want Ra's to return? Ra's, who has been done justice, and appeared very recently, within Nolan's new franchise no less.

But not Riddler, who's been pretty much a laughing stock on film compared to his potential, and hasn't been in a film since 1995, compared to Ra's appearance in 2005.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :oldrazz:

When he said celluloid I took it that he meant in a previous franchise(which is certainly what I mean). On top of that, Ra's returning would be much more unexpected than the Riddler which 90% of people were expecting.

They were expecting it because he's far more warranted, frankly.

I was actually curious to see Nolan's take on the Riddler, since his movies have a trend of mystery and puzzles, The Riddler would have been a great villian.............

arrggghhhh

I think Nolan is getting over his head.

This thread was fun while it lasted.

I wonder when they will shut it down and say adios?

^exactly.

Nolan knows exactly what he is doing.

I was actually curious to see Nolan's take on the Riddler, since his movies have a trend of mystery and puzzles, The Riddler would have been a great villian.............

arrggghhhh

I was disappointed until I realized it's better for a director to handle a character he actually wants to use instead of being forced to use one that he doesn't. When you get a director being forced to use a character he's not interested in, you get Raimi's Venom...

arrggghhhh

This was the main reason I was personally against it. Besides the fact that I just never felt the Riddler (much like the Penguin) was ever a true threat to Batman on the scale that TDKR would need, his whole style is just too close to Nolan's Joker for it be really fresh.

Most of the Joker's attacks revolved around some sort of setup, where Batman had to decipher what was happening in a set amount of time before people died. Add to the fact that the Riddler isn't a killer, and it would have been a watered down rehash of things we already got. If the main argument, besides Heath's passing, against the Joker returning is a "more of the same" approach, then I just couldn't understand how people would see the Riddler being all that different, at least from how Nolan established this version of the Clown Prince of Crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"