The Riftwar Saga

Awesome!! It sounds like Feist is happy with these guys having repeatedly said no in the past so that is a great sign.

Hope they learn from got and keep faithful to the source material. How many legend of the seekers and shanaras do they want to make before they realise if they mess about with it nobody will watch it?

One of the first fantasy series that I ever read, and still one of my favorites. I hope they manage to do a faithful adaptation and don't change to much of the story or characters.

It's going to be very expensive to do it right. Would love to see the empire series done as well. B0ut with the amount of books this series could go on for a very long time. Can't wait to see what they do with tomas.

Awesome!! It sounds like Feist is happy with these guys having repeatedly said no in the past, so that is a great sign.

Great series, hope they do it justice and don't turn it into something that is Riftwar in name only.

I don't know anything about the Riftwar saga but I'm so pleased by this new Hollywood fantasy trend. I'm surprised it hasn't started sooner, given that GOT is several years old.

I don't know anything about the Riftwar saga but I'm so pleased by this new Hollywood fantasy trend. I'm surprised it hasn't started sooner, given that GOT is several years old.
Some of the delay looks like it’s from securing rights. But this is as good as it’s been for potential fantasy projects.

Magician is a great book. Growing up rift war, wheel of time, got and drenai tales were my favourite books.

Think this trend didn't start earlier because it is expensive to do it right (with sfx) and shows tried to do them in episodic format drifting from the original stories. Legend of the seeker and shanara are two examples and were not popular at all.

Magician is a great book. Growing up rift war, wheel of time, got and drenai tales were my favourite books.

Think this trend didn't start earlier because it is expensive to do it right (with sfx) and shows tried to do them in episodic format drifting from the original stories. Legend of the seeker and shanara are two examples and were not popular at all.

Shanara should have been called the perils of Amberly instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"