The Rise of the Teenage heroes

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Elijya, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Mr. Green Where the Wild Hulks Are

That Runaways/Young Avengers mini is going to be badass. Is Vaughn writing that one?

2. Elijya Registered

no, unfortunately, and neither is Heinberg. But they've both given their blessing to Zeb Wells, who is the one that will be writing it

3. MyPokerShirt Registered

'giving their blessing'? do they have much choice? zeb wells - what's he done?

4. Elijya Registered

they have a choice, of sorts. I'm certain if they *****ed and moaned to Marvel, they would have chosen another writer, or not done the mini. Or Vaughan and Heinberg could have said nothing, but as it is they've both voiced their support for him.

Zebs done a bunch of things, notably the last New Warriors mini

5. Bullseye Registered

I think the reason for being that teenage superheroes are back is because of who is writing the books. Johns is writing Teen Titans and it didn't take that long to figure out that Heinberg is an excellent writer.

6. Arkady Rossovich Registered

This is not a rise,just a fad.It all began with the Teen Titans cartoon and the Runaways comic from Marvel.These sorts of things can not last long term,the best at what can be done is young adults ala The New Teen Titans.Not teens.

7. Mr. Green Where the Wild Hulks Are

I disagree. I got into the Runaways because it was a good story that really grabbed me by starting off strong and keeping a good pace. I started with vol. 2 and I didn't have to read the first vol. (though I want to) to enjoy it greatly. After reading issue 1 I knew the characters, their powers, and the situation. Can't ask for much more.

Great characterization, humor, and action with some decent art. That's not a fad, that's just a good comic book.

8. LouFerignoDemon CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

As long as this doesn't signal the return of Teen Tony.

9. Mr. Green Where the Wild Hulks Are

Uh... Why would it? :confused:

10. The Cleric The Magnificent

i think that all teen heros should play in a playground surrounded by buses...maybe nitro could....u know, blow the buses up for fun

11. Elijya Registered

you do realize that if that's the starting point, this is a three year "fad"?

12. ang_hulk Registered

werent most of marvels heros teenagers to begin with,yes they grew up but marvels always had younger heros,parker in high school,the xmen to,they grew yes but theres always been a young hero rise.I like it that way.

13. Elijya Registered

actually, most of Marvel's heroes were babies to begin with, just like all human beings. Or if you believe the pro-life side, they were embrios to begin with.

Actually, they were all figments of the imagination originally.