No Way Home The Road To No Way Home: The Previous Spider-Man Movies Rewatch Thread

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
Since we know Spider-Man No Way Home will not only be a sequel to the first two MCU Spider-Man movies, but thanks to multiverse shenanigans it will tie into the first five non-MCU Spider-Man movies with the return of the previous Spider-Men - Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield(along with, of course, their respective villains). Because of this, I’d figured I should make a thread to discuss the previous movies and speculate on how this film will tie into the new movie in terms of callbacks, references, etc. This will also be a thread to discuss your experiences watching all these movies in preparation for the much anticipated No Way Home.

Spider-Man(2002)
156e77a4-8c9d-4963-b02c-20532a85aae5.gif

Spider-Man 2(2004)
BrilliantCoolDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Spider-Man 3(2007)
3zz9xQ.gif

The Amazing Spider-Man(2012)
the-amazing-spiderman-gif.gif

The Amazing Spider-Man 2(2014)
d276f904a41a15ef10a585ce559e2702.gif

Spider-Man: Homecoming(2017)

giphy.gif

Spider-Man: Far From Home(2019)
0*AFzHEuDzb_M2wyFW.gif

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread, dude! Planning on doing the whole marathon come December.

Also minor nitpick, it's spelled Maguire and not McGuire. I hate it when people misspell his surname like that. :funny:

I got a baby so wife and I will start watching them soon. We will be doing

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home

I still haven't seen the extended version of Spider-man 2. I'll have to get on that.

I'm holding off on rewatching the prior movies until its officially official the two Spider-men are back, but I am aching to rewatch all those movies.

@The Infernal SM2 extended cut is a great watch. Theres a lot of great bits added in.

I was basically there opening day for all of these. I still remember the midnight showing of Spider-Man 2, pretty vividly.

My dad took me to see Spider-Man 2 back in 2004 and while we were heading up the mall, my heart was beating with so much excitement. Still the best theater experience of my life (and one which NWH might very well dethrone).

I remember when I saw Spider-Man (2002) in the theater, and when it got to the final swing, my brother and I were trying to recreate it on the way out haha. Then I remember being so hyped for Spider-Man 2, and heading into the theater where there was a huge poster hanging from the ceiling. It was this one.

spiderman2destinyz.jpg

The movie left me in awe, even more than the first film. That train scene was literally jaw dropping! Then the hype for Spider-Man 3 was even bigger for me haha. The hype leading into that 3rd film was crazy.

I remember watching SM2 for the first time. i remember feeling disappointed by the story. which wasn't as interesting a story direction as i hoped they would go. and i got abit annoyed by the 3rd act. which was the first time i ever felt annoyed by watching a movie. there were aspects i liked but overall i left the theater abit disappointed.

Although that same day i went home and played the SM2 video game for first time. which i enjoyed much more.

But then i was like 18 around that time. so i was abit past that childhood awe phase and was more in that high expectation phase. Spider-man was my favorite superhero growing up.

Last edited:
I just graduated from High School when Spider-Man 2 came out. My best friend and I took our graduation money, and our "summer off" to see how many times we could see Spidey 2 in theaters before we got tired of it. The answer is 18. Still a personal record that I will probably never break.

UPDATE: 18 was the number that I thought it was off the top of my head. Because I'm a weirdo, I saved all the ticket stubs, so I went back and counted... it's actually 23.

Last edited:
The Spider-man 2 v8deogame is still hailed as one of the best. The first two movie games could do with a HD remaster. I loved playing as the Goblin in the first one. Makes me want a game where you play as the Sinister Six.

I still have my copy of the Spider-Man 2 game. The first one too.

My dad took me to see Spider-Man 2 back in 2004 and while we were heading up the mall, my heart was beating with so much excitement. Still the best theater experience of my life (and one which NWH might very well dethrone).
Same, my dad took me the first day it came out. Can still taste the bucket of popcorn and big cup of fruit punch we got that day. Priceless memories.

I followed the development of a Spiderman movie going back to the mid 1990s when the film rights were still being litigated in court .

James Cameron's name was still attached ,and everyone from Charlie Sheen, to Chris O'Donnell, from Leonardo DiCaprio, to Christopher Daniel Barnes was rumored to play Peter Parker.

My choices as a teen, back then, were either Ethan Hawke (Reality Bites) , Nicholas Brendon (Xander on Buffy ) or Jeremy London( Empire Records, Mallrats)
0d8b5f0411b36ef2b88c9f110498e47f.gif

27.jpg
023e2cd36fc56e62_LondonQuiz2.jpg

In the 90s, it seemed like the legal red tape would keep a Spiderman film from ever being made.
But then, the log jam was broken , and Columbia and Sony got the rights to make a Spiderman film.

I was 22 by the time the first film came out , and by that point , I'd been waiting for a Spiderman film since I was 15 at least.

The way you guys felt about seeing Spiderman 2, is how I felt about seeing the first film, since I'd waited for one to be made since I was a kid. Seeing that first film in a packed audience with round of applause at the end was awesome.

Even as a kid in the 90s, I knew that if they ever made a Spiderman film it would be awesome, and people would love it.

156e77a4-8c9d-4963-b02c-20532a85aae5.gif

6399df5c4486f6115d125a8043b55296b8eac26b.gifv

I was in 9th grade when Spider-Man came out in 02. I skipped school and just played Spider-Man games all day getting ready for it, lol. Then before movie we went to TRU and I got like every movie figure in the toy line. It was a good time.

Seen every Spider-Man movie opening day. Even the 2 Garfield ones I hated.

Gosh, you guys make me feel ancient. :funny:

I remember seeing this teaser on Entertainment Tonight back in 2001.
It was pulled after 9/11 , but it was a great teaser.

The villain who first started this franchise ends up coming back to be the prominent one in its culimination. Despite some unfortunate Palpatine Episode IX similarities, I could not be more hyped for this.

I have to wonder with fans who were watching the trailer for the first time back then, if they assumed Rhino was going to be the villain before Doc Ock's tentacles popped up?

I have to wonder with fans who were watching the trailer for the first time back then, if they assumed Rhino was going to be the villain before Doc Ock's tentacles popped up?

Well, by the time the teaser came out , we knew Doc Ock was going to be the villain , but I at least didn't know it was Ock tossing the mini van. At first I thought it was just an accident that Peter was saving MJ from .

To then see Doc Ock come to life right off the page with tentacles and all was awesome to see for the first time.
I was like
tenor.gif

Here's an early review of Spiderman 2 from one of my favorite film critics , the late , great, Roger Ebert.

Tried to find a copy of the Ebert and Roeper review with better sound but I haven't find one yet.

He didn't hate it. He was pretty torn on it because he said he enjoyed almost everything about it except the web-swinging which to him didn't look convincing.

This place was one of the best constant sources of info following news on the production of the Spidey movie franchise straight from the beginning. Been hanging around here since 2001 and it's almost always been fun.

I don't know how I heard the teaser for the first movie was out cause I was like a 6 year old without a computer, but I remember going on the official movie website on my grandma's computer and loading up the teaser on Quicktime lol. That teaser was awesome, I was freaking out. Then there was the other teaser on the website with your cursor getting stuck in the web and the spider biting your cursor. Freaky cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"