The Dark Knight Rises The Robin & Batgirl Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the OP said cast for the 4th movie...but of course to get to all of bats sidekicks would take many films....so heres my choices
kristen stewart/barbara gordon-batgirl
4838528_tml.jpg
batgirllg27ku.jpg
Thomas Dekker/dick grayson- Robin (nightwing)
Thomasdekker.JPG
robin.jpg
kristen kruek/cassandra cain-batgirl II
Kristin%20Kreuk%200315.jpg
bgirl140rr.jpg

She isnt, but i still like her.

Anrrd, i like your cast, all my choices, but of course, i still prefer Alexz. i dunno, Stewart has some sort of awkward look to her for some reason

^hurray!!!!

I BELIEVE IN KRISTIN KREUK

yes.gif
inlove.gif

And I agree with what the threadstarter said about skipping Barbara and putting Cassie. Not everything has to follow Canon comic continuity. In fact, in Nolan's world it probably makes more sense to use a Cassie since she has ties with the League of Shadows and Barbara is seemingly still a baby. As awful as Street Fighter will be, the one thing Im hoping it will salvage is to show Kristin in full battle mode. Physique wise, its not big a deal. Cassie is a young teen-early 20s girl and K is that too. And here ethnicity is dead on, so make it happen!

I know some naysaysers, will look at her work as Lana Lang in Smallville but lets be honest, that was the writers fault. When it comes to young actors there only as good as the director and the writer of the character. And dont bring up Rachel Dawes because Cassandra Cain by default is no Rachel Dawes and would bear more relevancy if they included her compared to Rachel.

As for Robin? I have no clue. Before Nolan even decided to go with a restart, I thought about maybe using Jake Gylenhall and or Joesph Gordon Levitt. But that was 6 years ago and a lot has changed since then. I would say this, If they do think about including him in Nolan's world, I think I would make him a bit older than 9 years old (which I believe in Canon is when he became Robin), I would probably cast someone late teens/early to mid 20s who could pass of for 16-18 years old. Realistically I dont think Bruce is gonna take a child in and teach him the League of Shadows ways. So its gotta be a young dude who was roughly his age when he travelled the world. As I said I dont know who to cast. Im gonna go a little left field and say maybe Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) cause I think he has good actor potential. But Im really open to a better suggestion.

Having said all that, I dont think we're gonna see any additional members in this franchise. I gotta a love for the Bat family as a whole especially in the books and in both animated series but it just wouldnt work.

You know what I would like to see though? A spin off either as an animated series (straight to DVD, or TV show. Mo-Cap?). I guess a live action TV show would be a bit like BoP with the Bat family that spins off after Nolan's franchise and focuses on the rest of Gotham (Imagine if Batman went away for a while). But who the hell wants to see that?

I could sort of seeing them being introduce as just Cassie and Dick in training and then leave it as an opening that they become Batgirl and Robin when the series ends (this is all if the franchise goes beyond a trilogy). It seems somewhat plausible because the impression Im getting from TDK is that Batman surely will inspire people to follow either him or the Joker because "case of the theatrics" and "dramatic examples of empathy" are whats in no?

But again, it probably wont happen but it would be cool if it did.

the OP said cast for the 4th movie...but of course to get to all of bats sidekicks would take many films....so heres my choices
kristen stewart/barbara gordon-batgirl
4838528_tml.jpg
batgirllg27ku.jpg
Thomas Dekker/dick grayson- Robin (nightwing)
Thomasdekker.JPG
robin.jpg
kristen kruek/cassandra cain-batgirl II
Kristin%20Kreuk%200315.jpg
bgirl140rr.jpg

FTW but you need to check that Kreuk photo Home Skillet

Dick Grayson/Nightwing/Robin - Jonathan Bennett
4155b.jpg

Jason Todd/Robin - Thomas Dekker
Dekker-734985.jpg

Tim Drake/Robin - Logan Lerman
actors_sturridge.jpg

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl - Amanda Crew
Amanda.jpg

Imma look for a few other people for a Bat-family cast and my team will be so piff, Alan Horn will just have to chirp me on the Boost mobile. lol

Nightwing- Penn Badgely
Batgirl- Kristen Stewart
Robin (Tim) - Logan Lerman
Robin (Jason) - Thomas Dekker (LOVED that idea, Majick)

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)- Kristen Stewart

4838476_gal.jpg

Good suggestion, guys!

Nightwing (Dick Grayson)- Ian Somerhalder

125523525_85f079cfcd.jpg

Red X (or Red Robin)/Jason Todd- Jared Padalecki

zvty6utmn.jpg

Robin (Tim Drake)- Emile Hirsch

emile_hirsch.jpg

emile-hirsch-body.jpg

Alexz Johnson-Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
1072234396_285f5143f4_o.jpg
1009872925_0577ba9e09_o.png

Johnathan Bennet-Dick Grayson/Nightwing
Jonathan_Bennett%20-%201%20-%20Dukes_of_Hazzard_The_Beginning.jpg
grayson1.gif

Logan Lerman-Tim Drake/Robin
numberpre.jpg
robin.jpg

Kristen Stewart for Babs Gordon

Gotham_Girls_Batgirl_elgato.jpg

is that logan?
thats what im wondering. he looks almost nothing like logan. personally i think thomas dekker would make a freaking awesome robin. kristen would be a good batgirl too.

thats what im wondering. he looks almost nothing like logan. personally i think thomas dekker would make a freaking awesome robin. kristen would be a good batgirl too.
i checked it on Google, its not Logan

in all these casting threads, people always seem to go for actors that look the part, not caring if they have any talent at all... And if (however extremely unlikely) Nolan would ever put any of these characters in his films, that's the exact opposite of what he will do.

But most of the people casted in this thread can act

other than perhaps stewart, I see none

in all these casting threads, people always seem to go for actors that look the part, not caring if they have any talent at all... And if (however extremely unlikely) Nolan would ever put any of these characters in his films, that's the exact opposite of what he will do.

I don't think Stewart actually looks the part, nor can she be believeable as a superhero.

Logan Lerman, on the other hand, can act alongside Bale (3:10) and Aaron Eckhart and even resembles a younger Bale. They should cast him as Dick Grayson with Dick being 14/15. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0503567/

As for Batgirl, Cassandra Caine makes more sense within the context of Nolan's Batman but Kristen Kreuk is too old to play her.

Dick/Robin is really enough though, Bale's Batman doesnt need two sidekicks and I thought Nolan was trying to imply that Barbara was just a little kid during the events of Batman Begins.

Naw dude, there are at least 200 better choices for Black Canary than crappy Canadian actress Alexz Johnson.

Keep her out of superhero films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"