The Dark Knight Rises The Robin & Batgirl Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thomas dekker can act too as can mary elizabeth winsted

Kristen Stewart is ideal for Barbara Gordon! That character should, above all, radiate intelligence, and she does that.

I don't believe that Barbara Gordon- or Dick Grayson- need necessarily appear as Batgirl and Robin in the Nolan films. The characters, however, are so important in Batman canon (for over 40 years and nearly 70 years, respectively), that I think this series would feel very incomplete without them.

I thought Nolan was trying to imply that Barbara was just a little kid during the events of Batman Begins.

I think the kid we saw in Begins was his son, but anyway, Batman will never have a sidekick in Nolans movies.

I think Robin *could* happen if theres a big fan and public demand for it...and if the studio wants it.

But Robin would be enough since Batman and Robin as a team have historical significance tracing back to the WW2 era and has a big emotional significance to Bruce's character (as we see in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns)

I certainly think Nolan could do the character justice and fix the nonsense Schumaccer put out there.

I think Robin *could* happen if theres a big fan and public demand for it...and if the studio wants it.

Then we'd loose both Nolan and Bale... Never in a million years, and I'm a Robin-fan.

Well, If Nolan is truely a Bat-fan, he'll definitely understand the importance of Robin to Batman's character.

If anything, I have hope we'll get some kinda cameo or allusion to Dick Grayson in the third film.

I'm still hoping Deathstroke is set up in TDK

i think WB should give us a robin and/or batgirl movie to appease the fans. that way they wont disturb nolan's franchises.

We'll probably get a Teen Titans film with Robin or Nightwing atleast so everybody's happy.

I disagree.

The best part about Robin is his dynamic with Batman. They screwed in up in the Schumaccer films.

I want to see the Nolan franchaise go the direction of Grayson first (then have him break away as Nightwing)... then Jason Todd and have him killed (setting up The Dark Knight Returns).

I'm still sorry to say it, but it will never happen. both Nolan and Bale have made it clear that Robin does not fit in their world.

Kristen Stewart is ideal for Barbara Gordon! That character should, above all, radiate intelligence, and she does that.

I don't believe that Barbara Gordon- or Dick Grayson- need necessarily appear as Batgirl and Robin in the Nolan films. The characters, however, are so important in Batman canon (for over 40 years and nearly 70 years, respectively), that I think this series would feel very incomplete without them.

I'm really glad to see you guys want Kristen for Batgirl

I'm still sorry to say it, but it will never happen. both Nolan and Bale have made it clear that Robin does not fit in their world.

He doesnt fit in yet, because Batman just began.

Theres still a long way to go.

Why does every casting thread have to turn up into a thread about whether or not the character is gonna be in the movies?Seriously,c'mon.

Why does every casting thread have to turn up into a thread about whether or not the character is gonna be in the movies?Seriously,c'mon.

agreed!!! take your opinion on whether or not they should be in the movie to the thread created for that discussion. this thread is about who should portray the characters if (IF! IF!!!!!!) they ever do appear. that said...

(no batwoman or betty kane batgirl)
i dont know yet- jason todd/robin
thomas dekker- dick greyson/robin II/nightwing
logan lerman- tim drake/robin III
kristen stewart- barbara gordon/batgirl/oracle
kristen Kruek- cassandra cain/batgirl II
alexz johnson- stephanie brown/spoiler/robin IV

ENJOY!

EDIT: one thing i think that has not been considered is that all these characters save for maybe jason and barbara are would not be introduced until 10 to 15 years into the future...and by then all of these very capable actors/actresses will be far too old for the roles. kristen stewart is only 17 so maybe 10 years down the road she will still look young enough, much as kruek and the others do now...but i doubt the others will still look even remotely as youthful as they do right now. its very possible that the lucky men and women who will fill these roles have yet to hit there big break or even to begin acting period.

perhaps dakota fanning for stephanie brown???? haha jk

He doesnt fit in yet, because Batman just began.

Theres still a long way to go.

I think this post said it best:

I think the biggest problem, and I think people need to star realizing this, is that movies aren't comic books, they aren't television shows, no, they are full, feature length films! Almost every single idea I've read for a series has that problem. Looking at yours, you treat it almost as if these are normal comic books you pick up at your local store. Think about it, there are multi-million dollar productions that take YEARS to make. Now, in all honesty do the math. Nolan has already spent more than 6 years on the first two films alone.

Now, assuming he'll do a third film, that would be 11 years (give or take) of his life spent on a franchise. Let's say, that things go how you want them, and he makes his movies all the way up to number six. That would be more than 20 years spent on a single franchise. I don't think any director, no matter how in love with the character and the lore would ever devote that much of their lifetime to a single movie series.

There may be someone taking over after Nolan and thinks go the way you want it...but there's a looong way to go, this series will go the way of Batman and Robin before this happens. Hell, I could even predict that by next year, with Justice League, the Batman franchise will get it's first big blow and after that, it's all downhill.... yeahyeah, you could always nag on about that these being two different series, but the general audience will not know this and Batman will start getting rejected once again (God forbid).

Anyways, the reality of Nolans series continuing beyond a third (if he even does 3) is very unlikely. And you think Bale is a loyal Batman? Come on, the guy wasn't even a Batman-fan before he was offered the part. Plus, he'll be near 40 before a film with Robin would ever be likely within the continuity and by this time, he will have moved on, yes, we could get a recast, but personally, I would rather have them just end it with three and make that a complete series without them bringing in different directors, actors and whatnot, we already have one recast in TDK (even though a good one, i don't like them recasting in the middle of a series) This adventure won't last forever, let's try and be logical while it lasts.

The film-industry just doesn't work that way. (unless there's a whole lot of money in it, and if that's what'll keep this franchise alive, then god help us)

If I recall correctly, the only problem that Nolan has with doing Robin is the simple fact that he wouldn't be confident dealing with the character. That does not imply, in any way at all, a hatred of the character, but rather just uncertainty and lack of confidence in an ability to handle him properly (which is, in fact, an admirable stance to take).

And I might also point out - we've had multiple Batmen in the past, of varying quality. Who's to say that Robin can't come and/or go? Not to mention the fact that modern comics generally tend to tell one story over several editions (kind of like a short manga, I suppose), so the statement that "movies aren't comics" is a little bunk.

Why make the casting thread then?

I mean I get why you like it cause its inspiration for manips but it is what it is.

I don't think Stewart actually looks the part, nor can she be believeable as a superhero.

Logan Lerman, on the other hand, can act alongside Bale (3:10) and Aaron Eckhart and even resembles a younger Bale. They should cast him as Dick Grayson with Dick being 14/15. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0503567/

As for Batgirl, Cassandra Caine makes more sense within the context of Nolan's Batman but Kristen Kreuk is too old to play her.
Dick/Robin is really enough though, Bale's Batman doesnt need two sidekicks and I thought Nolan was trying to imply that Barbara was just a little kid during the events of Batman Begins.

Yeah but whats really good with Bruce taking a teen girl under his wing in Nolan's Real World? He is not R. Kelly. Leave the Kreuk hate to the Smallville thread *****! :cmad::woot:

This is all hypothetical these casting choices. But damn try to show some initiative like some did and say why they may include them (through spin off show, characters before alter egos etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"