The Dark Knight Rises The Robin & Batgirl Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isnt a thread about whether or not robin and/or batgirl should be in the movie, its about casting their roles

Im gonna get one of them photoshop programmes and start working on some manips this summer Im thinking:

Krisitn Kreuk-Cassandra Cain
Poision Ivy-Emily Blunt
Spoiler-Hayden Paniterre
Nightwing-Jake Gylenhall (maybe...need more options)
Robin- (any suggestions?)
Harley Quinn-Kirsten Bell
Oracle-Carla Guingo

Carla is a bit old for Oracle, no to jake as Nightwing,probably too old too, id say Matt Long, for Robin, i (like many others) like Logan Lerman, or Thomas Dekker.

Carla is a bit old for Oracle, no to jake as Nightwing,probably too old too, id say Matt Long, for Robin, i (like many others) like Logan Lerman, or Thomas Dekker.

agreed on all points, although matt long is 27 which would put him in his 30's whenever robin finally was introduced...i think that might be pushing the limit on his age. if robin was being cast right this very moment i would say sign him up immediatly, but 6,7,& 8 yrs from now i think his time to be robin will be passed.

logan lerman as dick greyson (batman begins 4 would be a 2013(?) release making him 21 at the time)

kristen stewart as barbara gordon (2013 release would make her 23)

Kodi smit-McPhee as tim drake (batman begins 5 in 2016(?) he would be 20-ish)

?????????? as cassandra cain (still searching...i'll let you know when i find someone)

liliana mumy or morgan york as stephanie brown (both are from cheaper by the dozen if you dont recognize the name. assuming they wait until batman begins 7 or even 8 to introduce spoiler/robin4 i would venture a quess that we wont see this character on screen...but even so, these two young ladies are both just slightly younger than smit-mcphee. which would be important considering the relationship between tim and steph in the comics.)

i can accept that...truth be told im not a HUGE fan of hers, but i thought she looked the part perfectly.

hey! how about kristen kreuk? i believe she is half asain half caucasian....and i think shes a very good actress
kristin-kreuk-by-giada.jpg
bgirl140rr.jpg

agreed!!! take your opinion on whether or not they should be in the movie to the thread created for that discussion. this thread is about who should portray the characters if (IF! IF!!!!!!) they ever do appear. that said...

(no batwoman or betty kane batgirl)
i dont know yet- jason todd/robin
thomas dekker- dick greyson/robin II/nightwing
logan lerman- tim drake/robin III
kristen stewart- barbara gordon/batgirl/oracle
kristen Kruek- cassandra cain/batgirl II
alexz johnson- stephanie brown/spoiler/robin IV

ENJOY!

EDIT: one thing i think that has not been considered is that all these characters save for maybe jason and barbara are would not be introduced until 10 to 15 years into the future...and by then all of these very capable actors/actresses will be far too old for the roles. kristen stewart is only 17 so maybe 10 years down the road she will still look young enough, much as kruek and the others do now...but i doubt the others will still look even remotely as youthful as they do right now. its very possible that the lucky men and women who will fill these roles have yet to hit there big break or even to begin acting period.

perhaps dakota fanning for stephanie brown???? haha jk

I don't think Stewart actually looks the part, nor can she be believeable as a superhero.

Logan Lerman, on the other hand, can act alongside Bale (3:10) and Aaron Eckhart and even resembles a younger Bale. They should cast him as Dick Grayson with Dick being 14/15. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0503567/

As for Batgirl, Cassandra Cain makes more sense within the context of Nolan's Batman but Kristen Kreuk is too old to play her.

Dick/Robin is really enough though, Bale's Batman doesnt need two sidekicks and I thought Nolan was trying to imply that Barbara was just a little kid during the events of Batman Begins.

Is there any actress besides Kreuk who can pull off Cassandra Cain?

none that i have found yet...its a shame that by the time cass was introduved into the series kristen would be in her late 30's at the youngest...

I don't care who plays Robin but I want Mary Elizabeth Winstead to play Batgirl in a fourth Batman film.

i think summer gleau (sp?) would be a kick a cassandra, she might need to get her hair fixed but other than that she's perfect, imho

Shes even older than Kreuk(though only by a year), if Kreuk is too old ,than so is Glau, though i wouldnt mind Summer

Personaly i think i would make a very good Robin
Im studing acting at college i enjoy doing park our
and im 16 im perfect lol
what do you think
Me.jpg

4226308340.jpg
imogen2yc0.jpg

^ Barbara Gordon

I think for Cassandra Cain you'd have to find a martial artist first, not an actresss.

Eh, I liked her in 28WL, but I don't like her for Barbara.

I like Imogen, not sure about her as batgirl, but I like her

kristen stewart is the perfect barbara hands down
kristen_stewart.jpg
batgirl.jpg

she seems too dark or gritty for babs , now that i think about it, barbara is bright and cheerful

shes an actress...she could pull off bright and cheerful

7.jpg

018.jpg

Amy Adams as Batgirl... no doubt. Although I am hoping Nolan doesn't do a fourth film (and I don't think he will).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"