Legends of Tomorrow The Rogue Time Traveler-Arthur Darvill IS Rip Hunter

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
Arthur Darvill will play Rip Hunter on the show.

He looks like he's the 13th Doctor.

"I knew this guy once. He liked fez's and was kind of a weirdo in general."

Fingers crossed for Booster Gold showing up!

Originally Posted by SuperBatman
Funny u mention that since he played Rory in Doctor Who

Using that line of thinking would also make him the White Canary's Grandfather!:cwink:

For anyone who ever wondered what it would be like to hear Rip Hunter and Cisco cover 'No Diggity' here you go :woot:
[YT]/DyyG1OcLJXo[/YT]

Rip Hunter must have gone to the Doctor Evil School of Time Travel. He has a time machine. He knows when and where Vandal Savage first becomes immortal. His solution for stopping Vandal Savage from conquering the world and killing his family? Gathering a team of expendable heroes/anti-heroes to try and stop him AFTER he became immortal.

Why doesn't he just go back to ancient Egypt about a year before Savage first killed Hawkman & Hawkgirl, find Savage when he was mortal, and just shoot him in the head? Done! No more Vandal Savage. Possibly no more Hawkman & Hawkgirl either, but they were expendable anyway.

Rip Hunter must have gone to the Doctor Evil School of Time Travel. He has a time machine. He knows when and where Vandal Savage first becomes immortal. His solution for stopping Vandal Savage from conquering the world and killing his family? Gathering a team of expendable heroes/anti-heroes to try and stop him AFTER he became immortal.

Why doesn't he just go back to ancient Egypt about a year before Savage first killed Hawkman & Hawkgirl, find Savage when he was mortal, and just shoot him in the head? Done! No more Vandal Savage. Possibly no more Hawkman & Hawkgirl either, but they were expendable anyway.

If he kills them before Vandal Savage becomes immortal/ the Hawks get the ability to reincarnate, then it would have too much of an effect on the timeline.

If he kills them before Vandal Savage becomes immortal/ the Hawks get the ability to reincarnate, then it would have too much of an effect on the timeline.

I don't think so. He chose the Hawks because they had no significant effect on the timeline. As far as History is concerned, they're expendable. So if they never gain the ability to be reincarnated, no big loss. Every incarnation has made no lasting impression on the timeline.

The only possible significant player in the timeline might be Vandal Savage himself. He had mentioned teaching archery to Robin Hood and the art of illusion to Houdini. And he had been a significant player in the background of Nazi Germany. So it's possible that taking Savage out before he becomes immortal might irreparably harm the timeline. But then again, if Vandal Savage had orchestrated the rise of the Nazi Party and begun WWII, would WWII had even happened without his manipulations? And if not, then how many millions of lives would be saved by his death in 2000 BC?

I don't think that's true. The Hawks were chosen because only they could kill Vandal Savage. It's everyone else who were chosen due to their unimportance.

I don't think that's true. The Hawks were chosen because only they could kill Vandal Savage. It's everyone else who were chosen due to their unimportance.

They're the only ones who can kill Savage after he became immortal. Before he became immortal anyone with a knife could kill him. So like Scott Evil said in The Spy Who Shagged Me, "Why not just go back in time and just shoot him while he's sitting on the toilet?"

They're the only ones who can kill Savage after he became immortal. Before he became immortal anyone with a knife could kill him. So like Scott Evil said in The Spy Who Shagged Me, "Why not just go back in time and just shoot him while he's sitting on the toilet?"

Because Savage has been manipulating events for the last 4,000 years and killing him that far back would have a huge butterfly effect on the timeline. But Rip doesn't care as long as he has his wife and kid. Thing is, following through with his original plan could've wiped them out of existence altogether. But hey, what do I know? It's not like I'm a time master or anything.
Or am I? :sly:

Last edited:

I personally think there was an attempt to address the plothole, although only partially. Rip can't cross his own timeline. This means when he did go back to Egypt to confront Vandal Savage as an adult and chickened out, he can't go back to that point. Presumably he'd have more time, although each failure back then creates greater risk of changing Savage's actions in the future.

I personally think there was an attempt to address the plothole, although only partially. Rip can't cross his own timeline. This means when he did go back to Egypt to confront Vandal Savage as an adult and chickened out, he can't go back to that point. Presumably he'd have more time, although each failure back then creates greater risk of changing Savage's actions in the future.

He could go back to when Savage was a teenager. Or to when he was a young child. Heck, he could even go back to Savage's parents' wedding ceremony and massacre the entire family, thus stopping Savage from ever being born (pretty callous, I know, but you know what they say about omelets and eggs).

I knew I recognized Arthur from somewhere. He's great as Rip. Loving his character.

He could go back to when Savage was a teenager. Or to when he was a young child. Heck, he could even go back to Savage's parents' wedding ceremony and massacre the entire family, thus stopping Savage from ever being born (pretty callous, I know, but you know what they say about omelets and eggs).

While it doesn't explain his previous attempt to assassinate him that he chickened out on, I could see one big reason not to kill him that early: Killing him early prevents the Hawks from ever getting reincarnated. I would imagine that would have repercussions on the timeline that are best avoided.

Last edited:
Ahh...somehow I knew this thread would have been forgotten by now. LOL

After everything Rip's been through in season 2, being demoted and then kicked out, he has now been censored by both teams he personally created.

Will Rip ever return to season 3? Or was him being arrested by his Time Bureau basically his last appearance on the show?

OK...so Rip is back as a returning character, but will he ever return to the series full time? Or is this the end of his character?

OK...so Rip is back as a returning character, but will he ever return to the series full time? Or is this the end of his character?
Highly doubtful Rip will be back as a regular, they're not going to push Sara down to #2. Best we can hope for is recurring. But if all they're going to do bash him to make Sara look better, then I hope this is the end for him.

Highly doubtful Rip will be back as a regular, they're not going to push Sara down to #2. Best we can hope for is recurring. But if all they're going to do bash him to make Sara look better, then I hope this is the end for him.

Honestly, I'm kind of tired on how Sara has been portrayed in a way where no one can talk back to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"