First Avenger The role of foreign language in "The First Avenger: Captain America"

I hope that Hitler will make some kind of appearance. Like in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade.

As a European, it really does annoy me when films don't have characters speaking in their correct languages. What is the point of randomly having them speak English rather than what they should be speaking? It makes the film seem lazy and really takes one out of the story.

I think so 2, it also annoys me when they "speak a language" with made up words and lines.
I think it's unavoidable in a WW2 movie.
When a German curses i doubt he will use the English words ;)

So when they speak to each other they speak German, but for the most part i think there will be English with German accents. (somewhat like 'Allo Allo' ;) )

I think they are going the Spielberg/Indiana Jones way.

Well, in the comic-con footage Schmidt is speaking English for some reason...

before ib spike lee made a movie called miracle at st. ann. they all spoke their respective languages.

Yes, especially if it's a Nazi, Japanese, Italian or French soldiers. The leaders like Red Skull should speak English.

Or they could go total comic book and have a small caption box appear in the lower left corner with: 'translated from their native German toungue--Jive Jargon Johnston' :)

Or they could go total comic book and have a small caption box appear in the lower left corner with: 'translated from their native German toungue--Jive Jargon Johnston' :)

That certainly would be one for the fanboys!

I guess if they're going to avoid nazis that doesn't give the film much of a chance of the characters speaking dialogue in foreign languages. We'll probably just get the ol "ACH DU LIEBER" and "OH MEIN GOTT" sort of thing :csad:

No way does Johnston take this seriously enough to subtitle the non-English speakers.

Well they had subtitles in the first and second iron man movie also in the incredible hulk so I dont see why this won't have them at some point.

I liked the way they did it in 'Hunt for Red October'. The crew started off speaking Russian then zoomed in on one of the actors mouths (I think it was Connery) and zoomed out with him now speaking English. A simple viual cue to indicate the obvious switch.

It would even be cool to have a Russian soldier/superhero who kind of feels left out amongst the other allied superheros because they all speak English and he speaks Russian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"