The RPG Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this idea has been thrown out there yet, but basically, you can play as any Watchmen character or you can create your own. This game takes place before the original story (During Rorshcach (not sure if I spelled that correctly sorry) and the new NiteOwl). If you create your own, he/she cannot have super-powers or any outrageous gadgets of any kind.
Wow, you really don't care about rules, do you?

Master Bruce said:
Both SHH! management and RPG staff are requesting that any and all further applications for new RPG's, starting tommorow, are to be withheld.

With the holiday season approaching us, and all current RPG's suffering because of it, we feel that it is best to keep the activity focused on them, if not focused on the real life stresses that keep most of us from regularly posting. Therefore, any new RPG's that are made for consideration will be automatically denied by both twylight and myself until January 2nd, 2008.

Thank you for your cooperation, and happy holidays!

- Master Bruce
:whatever:

Obi-John-Kenobi said:
Honestly, I don't see why this WOULDN'T work.

Well, for starters, the events in Watchmen fit with each other so tightly that adding new stuff would honestly take away from the story it's meant to be praising. Second, it's got an extremely limited cast of characters, and new ones would really belong in the CAH or Silver Age RPGs.

OOC, though, Lord Doom ignored the protocols of applying for an RPG, and provided very little information about the game itself. Also, the mods have announced that all new RPG applications will be denied until next year.

Okay, if that idea isn't liked, then what about this:
A Future RPG, like, not hundreds of years, just, say 25. So, the year would be 2032, and basically the United States of America have split up after a civil war that has been going on since 2020 when President George W. Bush was assasinated. The chaos made a lot of the other countries' leaders loose their heads (Not literally) and a war was started between England and Scotland after an English scientist found and captured the Loch Ness Monster, removing it from the Loch and taking it to his Zoo to make millions. Since there is a law in Scotland that if the Loch Ness Monster is found and removed a fine will be made, the Scottish demand to James Cameron (Face it, he's gonna be Prime Minister by then) that they release it. Cameron argues that if it's not on Scottish soil, then Scotland's laws are useless. This causes the war, and then the Irish and Welsh side with the Scots and drive the English out of England and across the channel to France. The Scottish retake the monster and elect a new Prime Minsiter for the new Scottish empire (The Scots habve taken England and now Scotland is the whole of Scotland and England, not just Scotland). The Prime Minster then clones geneticly modified War-Beasts from the Monster, and they march to war (Along with the Irish and Welsh) to take the rest of the world (I told you the leaders were losing their heads)
Basically, the world is falling apart, most of the cities in USA are baren and destroyed, the rest of the world is suffering under attacks from the Scottish, and basically you can be anyone in this ruined Earth, and form alliances to eventually attempt to restore sanity and justice to the world.

I thought of that idea as something other than the norm, what do you think?

A future RPG was already attempted. It sorta... died... really, really, really fast.

A future RPG was already attempted. It sorta... died... really, really, really fast.
I saw it, and that one is nothing like what this one is about. As my plot suggested, this is more political and better for people with more open minds and bigger attention spans who don't just want to pick up a gun and shoot people at first chance. Even though there is a war in it (With the whole Scotland thing) it is still more Political.

I think you have misundersood my intentions for this thread: I am NOT making a Watchmen RPG, I was simlpy stating that, if one were to be made, I would play it. My intentions were that someone would see this thread, discover how many people wanted a Watchmen RPG, and make one themselves. I have NO intention of making this or ANY other RPG in the near or distant future. I was simply curious as to who else other than myself would be interested in playing a Watchmen RPG. My first post was just an example of how it could be played. Also,I was not aware that no more RPGs were allowed to be made and I also did not know of the 'RPG Concepts' thread. My apologies.

I think you have misundersood my intentions for this thread: I am NOT making a Watchmen RPG, I was simlpy stating that, if one were to be made, I would play it. My intentions were that someone would see this thread, discover how many people wanted a Watchmen RPG, and make one themselves. I have NO intention of making this or ANY other RPG in the near or distant future. I was simply curious as to who else other than myself would be interested in playing a Watchmen RPG. My first post was just an example of how it could be played. Also,I was not aware that no more RPGs were allowed to be made and I also did not know of the 'RPG Concepts' thread. My apologies.
Ah... Makes sense.

I saw it, and that one is nothing like what this one is about. As my plot suggested, this is more political and better for people with more open minds and bigger attention spans who don't just want to pick up a gun and shoot people at first chance. Even though there is a war in it (With the whole Scotland thing) it is still more Political.
Meh...

Yeah, that was Lord Doom's and Question's RPG wasn' it? Man... That RPG wasn't that bad, really. It was like a sci-fi-esque RPG. It's a shame it died so quickly, that game had a LOT of potential.

Okay, if that idea isn't liked, then what about this:
A Future RPG, like, not hundreds of years, just, say 25. So, the year would be 2032, and basically the United States of America have split up after a civil war that has been going on since 2020 when President George W. Bush was assasinated. The chaos made a lot of the other countries' leaders loose their heads (Not literally) and a war was started between England and Scotland after an English scientist found and captured the Loch Ness Monster, removing it from the Loch and taking it to his Zoo to make millions. Since there is a law in Scotland that if the Loch Ness Monster is found and removed a fine will be made, the Scottish demand to James Cameron (Face it, he's gonna be Prime Minister by then) that they release it. Cameron argues that if it's not on Scottish soil, then Scotland's laws are useless. This causes the war, and then the Irish and Welsh side with the Scots and drive the English out of England and across the channel to France. The Scottish retake the monster and elect a new Prime Minsiter for the new Scottish empire (The Scots habve taken England and now Scotland is the whole of Scotland and England, not just Scotland). The Prime Minster then clones geneticly modified War-Beasts from the Monster, and they march to war (Along with the Irish and Welsh) to take the rest of the world (I told you the leaders were losing their heads)
Basically, the world is falling apart, most of the cities in USA are baren and destroyed, the rest of the world is suffering under attacks from the Scottish, and basically you can be anyone in this ruined Earth, and form alliances to eventually attempt to restore sanity and justice to the world.

I thought of that idea as something other than the norm, what do you think?
Very creative. If it ever gets approved, let me know.

Very creative. If it ever gets approved, let me know.
Okay, cool
I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, I'm just saying it could use a little tuning. You kinda lost me with the beast people thing.
There was no beast people in it at all. I said they cloned then Genetically Modified Loch Ness Monsters. So in other words the cloned a Loch Ness Monster, made it smaller, engineered it to have a rbotic saddle-thing on it's back with a doom on top so they can go underwater, a built in sonar and a laser gun upon it's head. Then they done the same again. And again. And again. And they kept cloning and modifying til they had enough monsters for everyone.

Not bad per se, but the scenario is rather improbable.

To amend that actually, impossible.

Not bad per se, but the scenario is rather improbable.

To amend that actually, impossible.
The Loch Ness Monster bit probably is, but I can see the America thing happening in the future (No offense Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"