The RPG Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish more ENGLISH people came on here, I want a Doctor Flippin' Who RPG!

Lots. The Host were ok this evening, but the bloke in the life-support machine was a bit odd. And I actually thought of a good way to do an Doctor Who RPG, but its character specific.

Lots. The Host were ok this evening, but the bloke in the life-support machine was a bit odd. And I actually thought of a good way to do an Doctor Who RPG, but its character specific.
If we don't do a Doctor Who RPG, but a Whoniverse where we can be Daleks and Cybermen a nd Raxacoricofallapatorians and Made up monsters and etc. too, that should be alright.

Yes, but then its not the same and it will never work.

Yes, but theres no point in having a whole whoniverse of monsters, cos we know that the doctor will always beat them. Tell me, have you ever read the multiversers rpg?

Take a look at it. Its scenario based, which i think is the best way to do a Doctor Who Rpg. We have the doctor and a companion doing a scenario, and anyone else that wants to play can pick up scenaro specific characters, or other longtermed characters.

Take a look at it. Its scenario based, which i think is the best way to do a Doctor Who Rpg. We have the doctor and a companion doing a scenario, and anyone else that wants to play can pick up scenaro specific characters, or other longtermed characters.
Damn that Specific RPG rule! :cmad:. Maybe if we work out some stuff we can appeal to MB.

Exactly. It can be done well, but i think that scenario based is the best way to go. Have a look at the way the Multiversers works,

Exactly. It can be done well, but i think that scenario based is the best way to go. Have a look at the way the Multiversers works,
Yupo. Oi, Catman, would ya mind going to my defense againsty all the idoits who think I'm an idiot for enjoying Voyage of the Damned in the Doctor Who thread.

*sigh* Ok. But only while i watch Russel Brand and design the way the rpg would work.

And, er btw, it should be SHH not SSH in your signature.

I've thought of a LXG game before as well. I think it would be fun to play as Jekyl/Hyde.

Also, if anyone remembers the "Captain N: The Gamemaster" cartoon, I've been kicking around that idea as a possible game for some time. Basically it's a world inside a video game console where all the games live together in "Video Land" and can travel between their different home locations. The collected group of (1980s) heroes such as Megaman, Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Pit (Kid Icarus), Samus Aran (Metroid), etc. have to stop Mother Brain and her minons from thier insidious plots to take over all of Video Land. However, that seems more suited for a tabletop game than on-line.

Firefly/Serenity would be a cool setting too, but there are other sites with RPGs of that theme.

PS: Seriously, why does Hyde have infra-red vision?

Also, if anyone remembers the "Captain N: The Gamemaster" cartoon, I've been kicking around that idea as a possible game for some time. Basically it's a world inside a video game console where all the games live together in "Video Land" and can travel between their different home locations. The collected group of (1980s) heroes such as Megaman, Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Pit (Kid Icarus), Samus Aran (Metroid), etc. have to stop Mother Brain and her minons from thier insidious plots to take over all of Video Land. However, that seems more suited for a tabletop game than on-line

We already have a game sorta like this in the Misc. Games thread. Its called the Get Violent RPG, and all the characters you mentioned aren't currently being portrayed. So if you want to, go and give it a look!

And by the way, is anyone else interested in a Dragon Ball/DBZ RPG? We already have a Goku (Blacklight), Vegeta (Syn, I think), and Piccolo (Me).

We already have a game sorta like this in the Misc. Games thread. Its called the Get Violent RPG, and all the characters you mentioned aren't currently being portrayed. So if you want to, go and give it a look!

And by the way, is anyone else interested in a Dragon Ball/DBZ RPG? We already have a Goku (Blacklight), Vegeta (Syn, I think), and Piccolo (Me).
Yeah, I'm in.

"I would never give up the chance to take my rightful place as the prince of all Saiyins!"

Yeah, I'm in.

"I would never give up the chance to take my rightful place as the prince of all Saiyans!"

Fixed. :up:

I was thinking that the RPG would start with the Goku-Piccolo World Tourney fight from the end of DB. After that, we could reimagine the DBZ sagas to our liking. Key events like Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation and the Cell Games would still have to happen, but we would do everything else our own way. Each season would be a different saga, and if we want, we could create our own continuity after the events of the Buu Saga. Sound good?

Fixed. :up:

I was thinking that the RPG would start with the Goku-Piccolo World Tourney fight from the end of DB. After that, we could reimagine the DBZ sagas to our liking. Key events like Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation and the Cell Games would still have to happen, but we would do everything else our own way.
Interesting. We still need more people.

I'd like to attempt to 're-pitch' the Dawn of Marvels RPG at some point. Obviously, it needs something more - something that will draw the players better than the initial concept.

But I don't see what else it could need. Creating your own Ultimate Universe (of sorts) is appealing enough for me. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"