The RPG Speculation Thread (For Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Jade Empire 2 ect)

Lactophiliac

bachelor by choice
Reaction score
This is a thread to talk about all the RPG that are coming to the 360 that we really don't know anything about.

Blue Dragon
blue-dragon-20060509024710028.jpg

What we know
Blue Dragon features characters by designer Akira Toriyama, and tells the story of a young boy named Shu who has special adventure with hs two friends and a mythical blue dragon.

Fable 2
fable2teaser.jpg

What we know
It's a sequel to Fable

Lost Odyssey
lost-odyssey-20051202031227048.jpg

What we know
You play as Kaim, a man who's been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. The game's storyline takes you through Kaim's life as he lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a "mystical industrial revolution," where mankind has attained dark powers.

Titles we hope are coming out
Jade Empire 2
Knights of the Old Republic 3

Titles we are excited for but don't know what they are at all
Obsidian RPG Project

I think if covered most of the important ones, but this is talk about any and all RPGs for the 360 that we really don't know anything about.

Project Grey Company
What We Know - It's an EA made free roam RPG in the same style as Morrowind (hopefully, and not Oblivion), using both the book and movie IPs (likely following the book but using the movie likeness of characters, and maybe even voices).

Project New Jersey
What We Know - It's made by Obsidian Entertainment (KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights II), it's an all new IP, it's real time, it MIGHT be using UE3.0.

Project Delaware
What We Know - It's made by Obsidian, and it's been hinted by Chris Avelone (sp?) to be KotORIII in it's preproduction stages.

Bioware FPRPG
What We Know - It's a new IP, it's first person, real time, the first project of a new team within the old studio (unlike the Austin studio, which is entirely new), 360 only.

Unannounced Bioware Project
What We Know - it might be Jade Empire 2 in preproduction. Might. Other than that, not a damn thing.

Fallout 3
What We Know - it's being made by the Elder Scrolls team within Bethesda, and it will not be a Fallout mod for Oblivion, that is, it will look different artistically, it will not be first person, and it will likely not be a sandbox. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be exactly like 1 and 2 either. Other than the name, developer, and the fact that it's being worked on right now, nothing is really known.

Manny Calavera said:
Project New Jersey
What We Know - It's made by Obsidian Entertainment (KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights II), it's an all new IP, it's real time, it MIGHT be using UE3.0.
I’m interested to see what Obsidian can do with their own IP. Hopefully that doesn’t mean they are going to be focusing on just making their own stuff and leaving KoTOR3 to someone else.

They're not, KotORIII is almost certainly in preproduction at the studio, they have the man power for multiple projects.

I know they have the manpower to pull it off, but it seems like bigger developers like to create their own IPs now, I guess so they can get all the merchandising. Bioware dropped KoTOR after all. But you’re probably right, and anyway they’d probably pick a good team to make it anyway even if they aren’t doing it themselves.

Lactophiliac said:
I know they have the manpower to pull it off, but it seems like bigger developers like to create their own IPs now, I guess so they can get all the merchandising. Bioware dropped KoTOR after all. But you’re probably right, and anyway they’d probably pick a good team to make it anyway even if they aren’t doing it themselves.
They didn't really drop Kotor :O

Well they could've made the sequel if they choose to, but they didn't, call it what you will.

Marvel MMO
What we know - Pretty much just the stuff here. Basically, it's published by Microsoft, so 360/PC exclusive, and it uses the Marvel comics IP. Also...we know it's developed by Ensemble, creators of the popular (and very awesome) Age of Empires and Age of Mythology series on the PC. Take a look at their job openings on their website. A position for Xbox Live developers, two MMO related jobs, and several more jobs asking for MMO experience we're previously available before being filled. It's a pretty good chance this is the studio that will be putting the game together.

Gammy79 said:
Fable 2 is going to have guns?
SWEET!
Very early, very slow guns, like the musket you could get in jade empire, but yeah, it'll have guns. It'll also have much better magic/melee/stealth, pirates, demons, etc, and it has Peter Molyneux as design lead and not just a producer who checks up on it every week or so, so yeah, this game is unquestionably going to be awesome.

I wonder how much of the stuff they couldn't fit into the first game is making it's way over to this one? I really liked the idea of rival heroes (whisper doesn’t cut it), and using anything as a weapon.

Manny Calavera said:
Very early, very slow guns, like the musket you could get in jade empire, but yeah, it'll have guns. It'll also have much better magic/melee/stealth, pirates, demons, etc, and it has Peter Molyneux as design lead and not just a producer who checks up on it every week or so, so yeah, this game is unquestionably going to be awesome.

Holy cucumber :up:
Fable 2 FTW!
Just for that, I'll finally start Fable: TLC in a few mins.
Fable is such a beautiful game in every aspect, I can't wait to see what they added to this new version.

Evan: I try :(

Lactophiliac said:
I wonder how much of the stuff they couldn't fit into the first game is making it's way over to this one? I really liked the idea of rival heroes (whisper doesn’t cut it), and using anything as a weapon.
Peter Molyneux said that the important stuff that didn't make it into the first game is going in first before they implement ANYTHING new, so stuff like cutting down a tree and watching it grow aren't going to show up, and I don't really mind, but the larger environments, the more autonomous NPCs that can quest or steal or whatever depending on what they're set to, a bigger, better, more realistic and less random economy, and general improvements to skill, will, and strength, just to name a few. Divorced from it's hype, Fable was already a great 8-9/10 game, and this looks to be a massive improvement.

Blue Dragon could help sell 360's in japan.

Topdawg said:
Blue Dragon could help sell 360's in japan.
I'm sure that's what they are hoping for.
Manny Calavera said:
Peter Molyneux said that the important stuff that didn't make it into the first game is going in first before they implement ANYTHING new, so stuff like cutting down a tree and watching it grow aren't going to show up, and I don't really mind.
Yeah I never thought that would really be all the interesting anyway.
Manny Calavera said:
the more autonomous NPCs that can quest or steal or whatever depending on what they're set to
That's what I missed, I always thought it would be cool if in the middle of a quest someone else shows up, and is like "I'm here to save the princess!" And you're like "**** off I got here first" and then it's like a race to see who can get to her first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"