Deadpool The Ryan Reynolds/ "Deadpool" Thread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Spider Vader :up:

Yea a Deadpool animated series or film in the mold of the old Spawn series would be sick. Used to love that show.

Although Deadpool in Wolverine didn't resemble the Deadpool fans have come to love in the comics i honestly expected a little more loyalty from Reynolds.This is a role he's been chasing for years but just when development on a spin off starts he signs on to the flagship comic book franchise of another major studio. I'm still kind of shocked.:o

Also, it's intersting that both Reynolds and Taylor Kitsch signed on to major blockbusters (with potential sequels) after Wolverine.Wonder how the X-men producers and suits at Fox feel about this and if they had any say.

That's why I think Reynolds still has the full intention to play Deadpool. He wouldn't wait 7 years for Deadpool to finally get the green light then **** it off.

He got offered the GL gig in the meantime and he took it (who wouldn't?) But I think he will still do Deadpool, it's all down to Fox though. If they wanna be bitter pricks about it then they'll tell Reynolds to **** off.

Well they did it to Singer so i wouldn't put it past them.:o

That's my only fear really.

But in the case of Singer and X-3, X-3 was pretty much ready to go. Deadpool doesn't even have a script yet. Fox surely couldn't expect Reynolds to sit around twiddling his thumbs waiting for Deadpool. The guy has still gotta work. Deadpool isn't the be all, end all of his career.

I thought they had started scripting for Deadpool? :huh:

And Like BMM pointed out earlier X3 wasn't exactly ready to go when Singer signed for Superman.If anything that decision spurred them on to rush X3 in to theaters back in summer '06.

They have just been throwing ideas around for Deadpool.

And yea maybe X-3 wasn't exactly ready to go, but it was definitely closer to being released than what Deadpool was even before all this GL stuff.

They have just been throwing ideas around for Deadpool.

And yea maybe X-3 wasn't exactly ready to go, but it was definitely closer to being released than what Deadpool was even before all this GL stuff.

In Entertainment Weekly, there was a quote this week by him along the lines of: "Who's to say I can't play two characters in entirely separate worlds?" When asked if he was off Deadpool.

-R

That's my only fear really.

But in the case of Singer and X-3, X-3 was pretty much ready to go. Deadpool doesn't even have a script yet. Fox surely couldn't expect Reynolds to sit around twiddling his thumbs waiting for Deadpool. The guy has still gotta work. Deadpool isn't the be all, end all of his career.

He could just mooch off of Scarlett until then. :oldrazz:

Someone really needs to tell the guys running this place to make a Deadpool movie section. I hate having to come in the Wolverine Origins forum...

They'll make one when this movie gets closer to production. All this movie has is a lead actor..... hopefully.

I totally agree with Ace of Knaves. I think Ryan wants to/and will make a deadpool movie if FOX doesn't pull a "FOX."

In Entertainment Weekly, there was a quote this week by him along the lines of: "Who's to say I can't play two characters in entirely separate worlds?" When asked if he was off Deadpool.

-R

Exactly.

It would be different if he wanted to play two DC characters. But he ain't.

Hal Jordan and Wade Wilson are two completely different characters from two completely different universes.

I really don't see the problem with him playing both. It's not as though you could confuse the characters or whatever. One is a bonafide good guy the other is a morally ambiguous nut case.

He could just mooch off of Scarlett until then. :oldrazz:

:hehe: Lucky bastard!

Someone really needs to tell the guys running this place to make a Deadpool movie section. I hate having to come in the Wolverine Origins forum...

Na there won't be one for a while now.

^Most likely won't happen since Fox has the rights to Deadpool.

-R

Considering he was in Blade Trinity as well, he's already playing two characters in the SAME world. So why is it an issue?

Welcome back Ace. I think Reynolds went after GL because he probably had the inside track about Deadpool's development, and he thought that the movie might be taking a long time, if at all, to make it to the big screen, and GL was casting so he said "Why not?" And lo and behold, he got the coveted part, so kudos to him. My hatred of Fox screwing up superhero movies has been ongoing for awhile, and quite frankly although I want Reynolds to play Deadpool, I'm also glad to see Fox not getting the chance to fk up another Marvel movie.

I wouldnt even mind if it was under the X-men section, I mean Magneto has one, so why not DP?

Considering he was in Blade Trinity as well, he's already playing two characters in the SAME world. So why is it an issue?

The Blade movies aren't in the same world as the X-Men movies. Chances are any new DC movies (besides maybe Batman) after GL will be in the same world.

Welcome back Ace. I think Reynolds went after GL because he probably had the inside track about Deadpool's development, and he thought that the movie might be taking a long time, if at all, to make it to the big screen, and GL was casting so he said "Why not?" And lo and behold, he got the coveted part, so kudos to him. My hatred of Fox screwing up superhero movies has been ongoing for awhile, and quite frankly although I want Reynolds to play Deadpool, I'm also glad to see Fox not getting the chance to fk up another Marvel movie.

Thanks man :up:

I understand what you are saying. But I'm not so skeptical about Fox to be honest.

Sure they have screwed up some franchises. But they gave us the first 2 X movies which were great. They gave us Daredevil, which may have had some stupid scenes *cough*playground fight*cough* but I still stand by my earlier statements. Daredevil was VERY accurate to the source material and the D.C was actually a very good film, IMO.

And I think Deadpool taking a while to hit the big screen wasn't new news to Reynolds. I think he understood that the earliest it was gonna get released was 2012. So what is he gonna do for 2010 and 2011? Not work just because he is waiting on Deadpool? :hehe: Of course not!

I congratulate him on the GL gig, there is no bitterness from me. But personally, I see him as Guy Gardner more than Hal Jordan. And the only thing that has changed is Reynolds bank balance. I don't think it has effected Deadpool that much if at all because I never believed Deadpool was gonna get released before 2012 anyway.

Reynolds won't abandon Deadpool. He has wanted to play the guy for nearly a decade.

The only way Deadpool won't get made is if Fox tell Reynolds to go **** himself. Which is possible, but I doubt it.

Thanks man :up:

I understand what you are saying. But I'm not so skeptical about Fox to be honest.

Sure they have screwed up some franchises. But they gave us the first 2 X movies which were great. They gave us Daredevil, which may have had some stupid scenes *cough*playground fight*cough* but I still stand by my earlier statements. Daredevil was VERY accurate to the source material and the D.C was actually a very good film, IMO.

And I think Deadpool taking a while to hit the big screen wasn't new news to Reynolds. I think he understood that the earliest it was gonna get released was 2012. So what is he gonna do for 2010 and 2011? Not work just because he is waiting on Deadpool? :hehe: Of course not!

I congratulate him on the GL gig, there is no bitterness from me. But personally, I see him as Guy Gardner more than Hal Jordan. And the only thing that has changed is Reynolds bank balance. I don't think it has effected Deadpool that much if at all because I never believed Deadpool was gonna get released before 2012 anyway.

Reynolds won't abandon Deadpool. He has wanted to play the guy for nearly a decade.

The only way Deadpool won't get made is if Fox tell Reynolds to go **** himself. Which is possible, but I doubt it.

Well, Fox had told Singer to go **** himself after he abandoned X3 for Superman Returns, so you never know.

Hopefully someone will assassinate Rothman before Deadpool starts production. No one will care. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"