Justice League The San Diego Comic-Con thread

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Welcome to the official SDCC thread!

one month away from sdcc preview night

http://deadline.com/2015/06/san-dieg...-h-1201439745/

san diego comic-con just got a bit duller. Marvel studios is not staging a major hall h presentation next month for its upcoming feature films, i’ve learned. That cedes the stage for warner bros-based dc, which will be holding a significant presentation to introduce the zack snyder-directed batman v. Superman: Dawn of justice and suicide squad, both of which reach theaters next year, followed by the gal gadot-starrer wonder woman and justice league, part one, which come in 2017. It is a real opportunity for warner bros to impress the fanboys, and seems likely that will smith, ben affleck, henry cavill and others will be front and center to feel that superhero love.

Last edited:
All I want is for them to finally reveal Green Lantern and have the whole Justice League on stage. Anything else, like costume reveals, to the crowd or burning effigies of the Avengers on stage would just be the icing on the cake!:o

I'll take any of these from WB:

A) Individual villain reveals (Doomsday, Deathstroke, Darkseid, etc.)

B) Green Lantern casting

C) Solo Superman and/or Batman movie announcement

*Originally posted in the BvS thread

LMAO! from El Mayimbe but if this is true...
According to multiple sourcing here in Los Angeles and through my connections at San Diego Comic Con (FYI, I'm an event planner who throws a hot party every year at SDCC), the real reason is that Marvel felt it couldn't compete with the upcoming DC panel from Warner Brothers.

Marvel found out internally that Warners is going supernova with their DC presentation which will include Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Wonder Woman. Quite a formidable lineup and a really tough act to follow for any other studio.

Last year's Warner panel was a pricey seven figure activation inside Hall H which utilized massive widescreen monitors and state of the art sound which delivered maximum impact. I was there. It rocked. Expect DC to go even bigger this year.
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/6/10/the-real-reason-marvel-studios-bailed-from-this-years-comic-con-exclusive

Casting news, cast line-up, or very early concept art would be a best-case scenario.

*Originally posted in the BvS thread

LMAO! from El Mayimbe but if this is true...

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...os-bailed-from-this-years-comic-con-exclusive
Thanks for the post, sir!

This is hilarious. Of course WB is going big, of course they pushing the next two movies - which would also tie in the Wonder Woman movie since she's in Dawn of Justice.

Marvel isn't going to directly address why they skipped an event, so it's very "safe" news. No one at Marvel would care to debunk it. I'm not much of a "Marvel guy," but I wouldn't ever expect them to back down because of competition.

they're not scared
they're just not dumb
they don't have much to show, so theyre not gunna show

also, I just found out El Mayimbe blocked me on Twitter, and I'm kinda proud about it

All I want is for them to finally reveal Green Lantern and have the whole Justice League on stage. Anything else, like costume reveals, to the crowd or burning effigies of the Avengers on stage would just be the icing on the cake!:o

Yeah I feel the same way!

I do think (hope) we will get some concept art from Justice League.

Tis true in a sense. Marvel really has nothing in the pipeline that would be able to compete with that DCU lineup of films/upcoming movie info and promotion, footage, cast etc.

Ant Man doesn't count either IMO.

Captain America: Civil War is going to be HUGE. It wouldn't surprise me to see it gross more than Age of Ultron.

What if they reveal the Flash costume? Or at least some concept art of it?

That's what I'm expecting too. A reveal of Flash or Cyborg, as well as a Green Lantern casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"