The Sanctum Sanctorum thread!

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
Sanctum%20Sanctorum.jpg
The Avengers have the Avengers Tower, the Justice League have the Watchtower, Doctor Strange has the Sanctum Sanctorum. Discuss what you would like to see of this magical base for the Sorcerer Supreme. I think the interior set design should be really weird. Maybe even a Winchester mystery house all wrapped up inside a three story building.

Last edited:
I was watching mr Holmes the other day and mr Holmes mentioned his sanctum Santorum and I got a bit excited even though it was totally the wrong film.

I'm dying to see what the sanctum Santorum looks like though. I imagine it being an Edwardian kind of manor home like the sort of thing you would see in Jonathan strange and mr norrel but with lots of quirky things lying around like clocks running backwards and mirrors that only show you things that aren't there

I hope the Doc stays in Greenwich Village for the film as that is usually where the Sanctum is located. It would be interesting to have the Sanctum be this building in the neighborhood that is coveted as prime real estate by many, not knowing it's true nature.

Feige said it'll be in modern Greenwich Village. Unlike Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen, there's no turning back time to make Greenwich as Bohemian as it once was. Instead, Dr. Strange's house will clearly be the most eccentric thing there.

Here is an area where I would not mind an attempt to improve what the comic book has show us. Hidden in plain sight from curbside, the inside should look out of this world!

Yeah I expect some kind of crazy fun house. Like you go inside what looks to be a regular building and it turns into Inception mind bending stuff.

And we now have a set pic!!! (well it was up a few days ago)

1gwwdc1.png

I'm not sure that set is Strange's Sanctum. It doesn't look like the art concept they posted a couple of days ago, which looked weird, but a bit more modern (of course their ideas could've changed). This one looks a bit more ancient to me, pun intended. I imagined those green screens in the background would host a magnificent view of the mountains or wherever they placed the Ancient One temple.

But then that WAS just Concept art lol Yeah I do agree, it COULD be the Ancient One's place

I think I may make a 3d model of that set or just the doors there

I'm not sure that set is Strange's Sanctum. It doesn't look like the art concept they posted a couple of days ago, which looked weird, but a bit more modern (of course their ideas could've changed). This one looks a bit more ancient to me, pun intended. I imagined those green screens in the background would host a magnificent view of the mountains or wherever they placed the Ancient One temple.

We don't have any information that the concept art was the Sanctum Sanctorum.

There IS a concept I've seen of the HOUSE Sanctum Sanctorum. Sort of looks like that photo could fit in it

Louis D'Esposito ‏@louisde2
From the set of #DoctorStrange

CX6sl3TUEAA9Xy7.jpg

I've not been excited about a window for a long time!

WOW that's SOOO cool!!!
My model so far
lKIQHYQ.png

oooo Art with the window too
ufbRT1Q.jpg

hey, knowing how much work he must put into those digital paintings, I don't begrudge him copy and pasting a figure now and then

The art for the Sanctum looks really neat. I like the window and that mystical grid/map the light is shining down on.

The first time Ive ever said "Awesome fn window!" about a movie before

The first time Ive ever said "Awesome fn window!" about a movie before

lol Marvel really knows how to get the most bang out of the tiniest buck, don't they?

It kind of makes sense that Stephen would be a big guy for incense as you can see in that concept art.

Also why not many people drop in and see him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"