The Sarah Palin Thread: 'Controversial Controversy' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still pretty inhumane to kill animals from a helicopter as if it were an action movie.

It LOOKS bad. It looks INHUMANE. It looks CRUEL.

that's all that really matters, really.

I think it's fairgame to attack Palin on that. If its not, then she should just retire and stay out of politics...because everything with this woman is unfair. Its unfair to MAKE FUN of her on SNL....but not Biden, McCain, Bush or Obama or anyone else they make fun of. Just her.

She honestly needs to grow thicker skin, because the Republicans will make her cry a river when they're vying for the top ticket next time out. They won't pull they're punches, the way the Dems did.

It's still pretty inhumane to kill animals from a helicopter as if it were an action movie.

It LOOKS bad. It looks INHUMANE. It looks CRUEL.

that's all that really matters, really.

I think it's fairgame to attack Palin on that. If its not, then she should just retire and stay out of politics...because everything with this woman is unfair. Its unfair to MAKE FUN of her on SNL....but not Biden, McCain, Bush or Obama or anyone else they make fun of. Just her.

She honestly needs to grow thicker skin, because the Republicans will make her cry a river when they're vying for the top ticket next time out. They won't pull they're punches, the way the Dems did.

Palin has said something about this PSA? I haven't heard her say a thing about it....

No, she never actually spoke out against the PSA exactly...but against Ashlyey Judd.

The quote I read was that Palin's camp claimed, "Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin was not tardy in responding, calling it "reprehensible and hypocritical", that Ashley Judd and the Defenders of Wildlife were using her and Alaska as a fund raising tool".

A lot of people (including myself) don't like to hear "save the animals" for someone who celebrates the killing of unborn human beings.

Being pro-choice does not mean you "celebrate" the killing of unborn human beings. :whatever:

And a lot of people don't like to hear the whole "I'm a Christian!" train of crap from a woman who offers bounties for severed wolf legs and calls a senseless war that has needlessly gotten thousands of American soldiers killed a "task from God".

Palin is walking on very thin ice when she calls someone else "reprehensible and hypocritical", as I think those words sum her up pretty well herself.

lol.

so...being pro-choice is the same as killing an animal from a flying helicopter?

Okay. Good to know....

Palin's got an image for being a hypocrite. She'll need to wash that down over the coming months, and well..years...if she even wants a chance at the white house. ugh.

A lot of people (including myself) don't like to hear "save the animals" for someone who celebrates the killing of unborn human beings.

celebrates?

when is the pro-choice holiday?

when do I get presents on this holiday?

Oh wait...I get it.

It's a car bomb, isn't it? A car bomb. Should have seen that coming...

damn, I thought I was seeing things, but ya'll are just saying the same thing different ways......

Hey kids, remember: Sarah Palin doesn't think that those who bomb abortion clinics are real terrorists, but a man who bombed a vacant government building 40 years ago and has since reformed is!

Hey kids, remember: Sarah Palin doesn't think that those who bomb abortion clinics are real terrorists, but a man who bombed a vacant government building 40 years ago and has since reformed is!

A hypocrite? In politics? Good God!

If I were the GOP, I'd forget about Palin, Palin only appeals to the base and the GOP needs to move beyond being a party that just appeals to its base. They need to move beyond that, their base is shrinking and the demos do not favor them.

Last edited:
If the GOP nominates John Huntsman in 2012, I may have trouble deciding who to vote for.

They won't.

Far as I can tell, they'll go further to the right because they tried their moderate Republican with McCain.

So, they'll probably go further to the right.

He's also a Mormon, which will hurt him - but I like Huntsman. I would have no problem supporting his campaign.

He's also a Mormon, which will hurt him - but I like Huntsman. I would have no problem supporting his campaign.

His faith will be an issue for me. If Obama manages to govern ineffectively, then there are some questions Huntsman would have to answer regarding his Mormonism before I could get fully behind him. Right now, he is the only Republican I could see myself voting for in four years, but he needs to assure to me that he disagrees with certain aspects of how the Mormon church works.

Yes. He's moderate on gay rights, the environment, and the economy. He is also adamantly against No Child Left Behind.

Which is a major thing for me......I would really take a good look at him....
He's not a fiscal conservative, so that would be a problem for me.

But, ok....that's who I thought you were talking about...I do think though, that with what happened in California, even a moderate on gay rights would have a problem with that demographic.

I do think though, that with what happened in California, even a moderate on gay rights would have a problem with that demographic.

We're often in the position of choosing the lesser of two evils. Stepping stones toward full equality is the only way it's going to happen, not all at once.

His faith will be an issue for me. If Obama manages to govern ineffectively, then there are some questions Huntsman would have to answer regarding his Mormonism before I could get fully behind him. Right now, he is the only Republican I could see myself voting for in four years, but he needs to assure to me that he disagrees with certain aspects of how the Mormon church works.

He'll never do that......he may be "moderate" on gay rights, but I don't think he would ever speak against his church.

He'll never do that......he may be "moderate" on gay rights, but I don't think he would ever speak against his church.

It will help him to criticize his church. The bigots who will never vote for a Mormon will appreciate it, and those who have concerns about the church's various injustices will as well.

It will help him to criticize his church. The bigots who will never vote for a Mormon will appreciate it, and those who have concerns about the church's various injustices will as well.

I don't think he'll ever do it....he will do everything short of that.....

apparently, bristol palin doesn't share her mom's support of abstinence-only sex education.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2009/02/17/am.seg.bristol.cnn

if these people don't want the press talking about them negatively, why don't they just go away?

Maybe if the press would quit asking them for interviews, they would go away.

Kind of like *****ing about the paparazzi yet still buying trash magazines.....

If people would stop making threads about her to ***** about her.....then we wouldn't have to worry about it on this forum at least.....but, alas.....that won't happen because most people would rather ***** about something rather than stop talking about it at all......I guess its human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"