The Sarah Palin Thread (You can see Russia from this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... way to say nothing at all. It didn't make you want them to come back soon? Or get better equipment so they won't die?

I'm sorry. She should've written a book. I'm sure there are many more quotes from her on the military (you know, since she has a son in the military and all). Feel free to search. Way to knock a quote because of what it lacked.

Last night, I went to bed thinking that McCain would pick one of the two most logical choices for his running mate. Tim Pawlenty, a proven conservative and semi-popular governor of a swing state, or Mitt Romney, a man who claims he's a conservative even though he never governed as one in a state which can't stand him anymore. This morning, when I awoke, I was so pissed off I shouted "Why not Sebelius! We've just lost this ****ing thing!"

Then I thought about what Palin's selection meant several minutes later. For a candidate who pummeled his opponent for being inexperienced, McCain certainly has to put his foot in his mouth now that he has selected someone with only twenty months of experience under her belt as governor. And while he selected a governor as his running mate, he selected the governor of one of the most irrelevant states in the country, a state McCain was almost guaranteed to win anyway (despite how close the polls are there). AND, to top it all off, he picks a governor who is caught up in a corruption scandal on her own, which reeks of the politics Obama spoke out against last night.

So, what does Palin's selection mean? Quite simple: McCain selected her ONLY because she is a young, fairly attractive woman. That is the only reason. There are dozens of other women he could have selected who share similar values as he does. Hutchison, Snowe, Collins, Dole, Rice... but he selected the young one, the inexperienced one, in an attempt to not only get middle aged women to vote for him, but to siphon youth voters into his column as well.

I thought history might have taught John McCain a lesson or two about picking a running mate solely based on gender. The last time that happened, the candidate was not only unqualified for the job, but she herself was involved in quite the scandal. And while she was selected solely because she was a woman, that did not help the ticket at all. People voted for the incumbent president, based on national mood, and the state of the nation at the time. They voted for security, economics, and good feeling. This time, the national mood will also determine this election. Not race, and not gender. I believe this is the biggest blunder in VP politics in twenty-four years.

I applaud McCain for being a trailblazer, I guess. Good luck to McCain/ Ferraro 2.0 :up:

You just c&p'ed that. I'm on to you Jman. :cmad: :cwink: :heart:

I'm sorry. She should've written a book. I'm sure there are many more quotes from her on the military (you know, since she has a son in the military and all). Feel free to search. Way to knock a quote because of what it lacked.

Everyone does it?

And actually, if you wanted to represent her opinion on the military better... you should have posted a better quote.

An alderman in Chicago prolly has more political acumen than the governor of Alaska. Much less a state senator.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Don't really trust anyone involved in Chicago politics. The Chicago Gangster-style stifling of any discussion of Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers (which is extensive, which Barack lied about, and which will help to derail his campaign), and their attempts to prosecute (yes, they went to the Justice Department over this) anyone who does mention it are absolutely disgusting.

man, what a knee-jerk reaction this was on mccain's part. it's like he knows he's got no shot in the general election so he's basically scrambling to get disgruntled hillary supporters on his side. once they realize how conservative she is and basically stands in direct opposition of everything clinton stands for, i'm pretty sure they'll snap out of it.

Everyone does it?

And actually, if you wanted to represent her opinion on the military better... you should have posted a better quote.

I quickly posted some quotes found on the palinforgovernor.com site. You want more info? Find it yourself. It's called a search engine. I hear Google's a pretty good one.

man, what a knee-jerk reaction this was on mccain's part. it's like he knows he's got no shot in the general election so he's basically scrambling to get disgruntled hillary supporters on his side. once they realize how conservative she is and basically stands in direct opposition of everything clinton stands for, i'm pretty sure they'll snap out of it.

"No shot in the general election"? Considering the polls all show them almost tied, and Gore led by 16 after the Dem Convention in 2000, I'd say your statement is...odd?

She needs to let her hair down and take off the glasses...

She looks good walking out, but not gonna lie, her voice is quite annoying.

She needs to let her hair down and take off the glasses...

She looks good walking out, but not gonna lie, her voice is quite annoying.

She sounds like the mother from "Bobby's World."

Smart move by McCain.

I see why she has 5 kids..her husband can't keep his hands off her; and rightly so. She's one hot mama! :up:

She looks like a HOTTER version of Tina Fey.

But yes, her voice is rather annoying.

Maybe having someone who is actually conservative in practice would help. Being Republican and conservative are not the same thing. Bush is the poster -boy for that. Having a bloated government, a bloated deficit, ect are not exactly conservative ideals.

She does look good, and I was impressed when she walked in and interested to hear her speak, but DAMN is her voice hard to listen to!

I quickly posted some quotes found on the palinforgovernor.com site. You want more info? Find it yourself. It's called a search engine. I hear Google's a pretty good one.

Nope. I refuse. You have to do all this searching... cause you understand this strange thing called 'Google'.

"No shot in the general election"? Considering the polls all show them almost tied, and Gore led by 16 after the Dem Convention in 2000, I'd say your statement is...odd?

i've got faith that americans are smart enough to know when a bad thing has gone on long enough and must be changed for the better.

Maybe having someone who is actually conservative in practice would help. Being Republican and conservative are not the same thing. Bush is the poster -boy for that. Having a bloated government, a bloated deficit, ect are not exactly conservative ideals.

or maybe giving a progressive a shot would help... just sayin'.

Im sorry, but I just dont see it :huh:

This is pretty unimpressive thus far.

i've got faith that americans are smart enough to know when a bad thing has gone on long enough and must be changed for the better.

Well, considering that neither Bush or Cheney are running for office, I'd say "changed" will be a safe bet.

And it was awesome how Obama (and all the speakers at the DNC, for that matter) kept attacking Bush. John McCain is not George Bush. Never has been and never will be.

Yes, he voted with Bush 90% of the time. But many of those votes (a great many) were unanimous votes within the Senate, on such things as passing a measure recognizing the New York Giants for their Super Bowl win, or congratulating the Florida football team for becoming national champs. He was against Bush on many issues, such as the need for a stronger military force at the outset of the Iraq War, the need to remove Rumsfeld, McCain-Feingold (which I'm not in favor of, but where he and Bush were not aligned), the Bush tax cuts (he supports them now, and he did not support them then because he felt other things should have been included in the bill)...McCain is no Bush 2.0. And the more the libs try to make them the same person, all McCain needs to do is back away from Bush and illustrate to the American people exactly how they differ from one another.

That was the most inneffective speech I have watched in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"