The Sarah Palin Thread (You can see Russia from this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he...kidding us with this joke of a choice? Romney or Pawlenty would've given me (and Obama/Biden) pause. But Sarah Palin? Whaaaat?

How can John make the argument that Obama is inexperienced??? You don't virtually go from Mayor to VP! This is a Rovian tactic and a slap to women and Hillary, when you think about it. McCain's first and second wife were beauty queens and so is this woman. She's like...the Jessica Alba of the Repub party--only there for T&A. It's disgusting.

Think: McCain (72), gets ill, who would feel comfortable with her at the top??? I mean....really??? :down

Sarah Palin on the Issues

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/2007/02/palin-on-issues.html

FREE MARKET – “I am a conservative Republican, a firm believer in free market capitalism. A free market system allows all parties to compete, which ensures the best and most competitive project emerges, and ensures a fair, democratic process.”

GUNS AND HUNTING - “I am a lifetime member of the NRA, I support our Constitutional right to bear arms and am a proponent of gun safety programs for Alaska's youth….I have always strongly supported the personal use of fish and game by Alaskans. I grew up hunting and fishing in Alaska, and I am proud to raise my children with this same uniquely Alaskan heritage. … Anti-hunting groups who oppose hunting and fishing rights will be the winners if we allow them to pit us against ourselves….As an Alaskan with strong beliefs on this issue, I am confident in my ability to build consensus among diverse user groups and reconcile the many competing interests in a manner.”

SMALL BUSINESS – “As Mayor and CEO of the booming city of Wasilla, my team invited investment and encouraged business growth by eliminating small business inventory taxes, eliminated personal property taxes, reduced real property tax mill levies every year I was in office, reduced fees, and built the infrastructure our businesses needed to grow and prosper.”

MILITARY - “I respect our military personnel and understand the importance of Alaska's National Guard. As I watched our military men and women being deployed I recognized how important it is for their families to know how much Alaska and America support them.”

HEALTH CARE – “I support flexibility in government regulations that allow competition in health care that is needed, and is proven to be good for the consumer, which will drive down health care costs and reduce the need for government subsidies. I also support patients in their rightful demands to have access to full medical billing information.”

SOCIAL ISSUES – “I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman.”

ENVIRONMENT – “Regimes to protect Stellar Sea Lions must be based on sound science not personal agendas…I will fight in every way possible to make sure that our fishing communities are protected from the personal agendas of federal fishery managers”

“I believe in protecting Alaska's environment through fair enforcement of our environmental laws. Having a clean record on environmental regulation is critical to getting ANWR open and maintaining our fisheries mining, timber, and tourism industries.”

Thanks. It sounds like "free market, free market, free market." Seriously if you read her healthcare and environmental quotes they are all about "helping businesses." Leaving healthcare alone without government subsidies will bring the prices down?! WTF? And fighting "regimes...of feds" who are trying to protect endangered species so fishers can massively fish? THAT IS NOT AN ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY. That is saying **** wildlife. And then there is ANWR. Just no. I have argued that one too many times and I'm convinced people love living in denial and support it out of naivety and nothing else.

Seriously, it sounds just like Obama's criticism in his speech last night about "You're on your own." That is her economic, social and environmental policy. Meh.

And again she has been governor less than 2 years and she is "ready to lead," but Obama is not? :whatever:

wow ,so Glen Beck likes this move.

How is this a slap in the face. Republicans our the first party to give a woman a chance at VP that's HUGE!

:dry: The Democrats ran a woman (Ferarro) on their VP ticket in 1984. Is our country this quick to forget stuff that happened only 20 years ago. :csad:

I'm an Obama voter and I think that she's a shrewd pick . I was impressed by her speaking . Something tells me she's tough . Dems would be foolish to underestimate her and McCain for that matter. Plus , She's sooo hot:oldrazz:. Lol. ...Guy moment over:cwink:.

I see why she's so adamant about wanting to drill in ANWR - her husband freakin works for BP!!

It's the same old, same old with the Repubs, don't let the flashing lights fool you. lol

:dry: The Democrats ran a woman (Ferarro) on their VP ticket in 1984. Is our country this quick to forget stuff that happened only 20 years ago. :csad:

It's not an issue about the gender. The issue is the qualifications of person. And it just dumbfounds me that the GOP has been attacking Obama on the issue of experience and then they put someone on their ticket with substantially less than him!!!!

She is like the ying to Obama's yang, and even compared he still looks like a statesmen. McCain's argument is dead now.

Glen likes it cause it's gonna win mcain the white house.

In 84 I was 4 forgive me for Ferarro not jumping to mind. (wait wasn't that in a primary or something not the general)

Is he...kidding us with this joke of a choice? Romney or Pawlenty would've given me (and Obama/Biden) pause. But Sarah Palin? Whaaaat?

How can John make the argument that Obama is inexperienced??? You don't virtually go from Mayor to VP! This is a Rovian tactic and a slap to women and Hillary, when you think about it. McCain's first and second wife were beauty queens and so is this woman. She's like...the Jessica Alba of the Repub party--only there for T&A. It's disgusting.

Think: McCain (72), gets ill, who would feel comfortable with her at the top??? I mean....really??? :down

I agree with this completely. McCain can no longer make the argument that Obama is inexperienced, considering Palin only has twenty months of experience under his belt. McCain can't claim that Obama-Biden isn't ready to lead the country, when that ticket has more combined experience than McCain-Palin. He can't say that that ticket has less foreign policy experience, considering Obama and Biden both have foreign policy credentials when Palin has NONE.

In fact, watching CNN, the McCain campaign is already forced to make up arguments in favor of Palin. One was that Alaska is so close to Russia, her selection has to count for something. I'll tell you what her selection counts for-- looks. She looks attractive, McCain knows this, and she was only picked because of her gender and youth.

This is the most laughable, ridiculous VP pick I have seen in politics. It is so much like the Mondale-Ferraro ticket, it isn't even funny. Just sad. When Walter Mondale ran, he was running when his party was being virtually ignored by the general public. No one took his policies seriously. So he set out to pick a groundbreaking VP pick, either a minority or a woman. As a result, he selected Geraldine Ferraro, an obscure congresswoman from New York City who had only served two terms and was involved in a tax scandal he didn't research. This time, few people care for the Republican brand of politics, and McCain is being ridiculed left and right. And now, Palin is an obscure governor from Alaska who has only been in office for twenty months, who is involved in her own little scandal in her home state. What's even funnier is that Ferraro was far more qualified than Palin to be Vice President, she had some foreign policy experience and was in office for four years at the time.

I am looking forward to this plane crash. I truly am-- especially when Clinton comes out and says what needs to be said, that Palin was only selected as a woman. And as a woman, she doesn't support the issue of choice. Oh, this is splendid.

It's not an issue about the gender. The issue is the qualifications of person. And it just dumbfounds me that the GOP has been attacking Obama on the issue of experience and then they put someone on their ticket with substantially less than him!!!!

She is like the ying to Obama's yang, and even compared he still looks like a statesmen. McCain's argument is dead now.

I think people will see pictures of the four of them, see Biden getting called in by the Georgian president, and this pick will mean little in a month. The debates will be interesting, though. I was hoping for Biden to tear into Romney and likewise, but I suppose we'll have to watch Biden try to walk the fine line that Rick Lazio couldn't. (and fine lines ain't his thing)

yes but he's talking about their presidential candidate not his VP. We all know the VP does nothing...unless the President goes down but that argument won't hold water. If I was a Dem i'd be pissed that mcain is acting more progressive then my candidate:oldrazz: "my name is Obama washington is broken we need new people and hope....meet my VP who's been around since dirt and said I wasn't ready and my opponent was, Biden" I mean common he should have picked a newcomer/outsider to the game like this right?

Glen likes it cause it's gonna win mcain the white house.

Um, that's what any side says about their VP pick. I remember when Edwards was going to win Kerry the White House. That obviously happened...

Hardcore Obama fans are not jumping for joy over Palin?

Color me shocked...SHOCKED! :eek:

Actually, this is a collective WTF moment for everyone, not just dems. Even the GOP are like "What the feezy is he thinking??"

If he had picked Lieberman, Romney, etc. I would've been like, "Okay this is gonna get interesting." But this is a puddle of mehness in my opinion.

I am looking forward to this plane crash. I truly am-- especially when Clinton comes out and says what needs to be said, that Palin was only selected as a woman. And as a woman, she doesn't support the issue of choice. Oh, this is splendid.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to hearing Clinton on the campaign trail more than I'm looking forward to it it now. I think people were wrong when they said Biden would be the attack dog on the campaign trail. I think it might end up being Clinton.

yes but he's talking about their presidential candidate not his VP. We all know the VP does nothing...unless the President goes down but that argument won't hold water. If I was a Dem i'd be pissed that mcain is acting more progressive then my candidate:oldrazz: "my name is Obama washington is broken we need new people and hope....meet my VP who's been around since dirt and said I wasn't ready and my opponent was, Biden" I mean common he should have picked a newcomer/outsider to the game like this right?

He picked a woman... cause she's a woman?

Waaaaaaaay progressive. :whatever::oldrazz:

If I was a Dem i'd be pissed that mcain is acting more progressive then my candidate:oldrazz:

The Dem's party choice of Obama--a multiracial man for president--in itself is "progressive". :whatever: McCain only microwaved this decision to take people's minds off of yesterday's historical event.

Your argument is neutralized. :dry:

Seriously, an African-American presidential candidate is far more progressive than a female Vice Presidential candidate. We've already had that, twenty-four years ago. But we have NEVER had an African-American candidate at the top or bottom of a presidential ticket.

The Dems win the "progressive" race. With both African Americans and women, actually.

LOL @ someone saying the Democrats aren't progressive with their nomination. Uhm, they have an African-American male as the nominee for the POTUS!! :wow:

That is amazing in itself!!

This makes me sick! His choice couldn't be more transparent...or insulting. I hope to god that this backfires right in his face! :cmad:

This makes me sick! His choice couldn't be more transparent...or insulting. I hope to god that this backfires right in his face! :cmad:

Like a Dick Cheney shotgun blast!

I think Romney and Lieberman would have been bad for the GOP. Romney has been on every side of every issue and Lieberman is a democrat . Obama would argue that the people should vote for the real thing and not Lieberman/McCain. Palenty had zero spark to him and Kay Baley was too close to the Bush Adminstration. I think Palin is a much better pick for McCain then Biden was for Obama.

I think Romney and Lieberman would have been bad for the GOP. Romney has been on every side of every issue and Lieberman is a democrat . Obama would argue that the people should vote for the real thing and not Lieberman/McCain. Palenty had zero spark to him and Kay Baley was too close to the Bush Adminstration. I think Palin is a much better pick for McCain then Biden was for Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"