The Dark Knight Rises The Score III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what we're saying, though. The "Rise" sample has the BB music from his parents' death. And I don't think anyone's talked about him failing. Just dying.

What I'm trying to say is that music reminds me too much of the failure and the tragedy of his father who tried to help Gotham and instead found death.
If Batman has to die, I really don't want them to use this music for him because it would make me feel like he failed, like his father. Batman's death should be sad but glorious.

Last edited:
Obviously there is so much to say, but basically I LOVED every little bit I heard.

''Mind If I Cut In?'' instantly makes me think of Catwoman luring Batman down into the sewers... picture her always being 10 steps ahead of him and when he turns a corner shes sitting there like the chesire cat. ''Don't be shy!''.

''Nothing Out There'' reminds me of Scarface... ''The World is Yours!''. In fact its quite blatant. Could this be Bane observing the ruins of a damaged Gotham.

''Rise'' is obviously very... :csad:

Last edited:
"Mind if I Cut In?" sounds like it's straight out of "Batman: Arkham City", pretty awesome. :up:

Why do we fall sounds like it will be the music during the climatic chase scene.

What I'm trying to say is that music reminds me too much of the failure and the tragedy of his father who tried to help Gotham and instead found death.
If Batman has to die, I really don't want them to use this music for him because it would make me feel like he failed, like his father. Batman's death should be sad but glorious.

Interesting view on the theme. Hm... If it's indeed tied to Batman's death, though, then perhaps Zimmer and Nolan view it as the "death theme" or the requiem of the franchise and not the "failure" theme?

My guess is that "Rise" will be like "A Watchful Guardian" from the TDK extended edition - the climax of the film, the final scenes, segueing at around the 5 minute mark into the end credits (the classic Zimmer Batman theme). For TDK, only 2 minutes of score were actually recorded for the end credits, the rest of the credits is just re-used/remixed stuff.

Just listened. I can tell already Fear Will Find You, Why Do We Fall, and RISE will be my personal favorites.

Severely underwhelmed by the 30 second samples, nothing there holds a candle to the MTV trailer music. But that could just be poor sample choice. Can't wait to hear the full soundtrack.

I dont care wat scene is playing during Why do we Fall?. it can be hte most boring scene in the movie, those 30 seconds wow. esepcially at 23 seconds and on OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG

i can picture yes climbing out the well, or walking up to bane in the last fight or driving in the batpod against ALL those cops. so many possibilities

So are these definitely official? Like not possible they're fake?

I have no hard proof, but I do believe they're 100% real. I mean, it's not like someone claimed to have linked the soundtrack or something. It's samples and it's pretty normal to get them at some point.

Seeing as Batman Begins cues are coming back in force I sincerely hope that the first 2 minutes of Macrotus return in some fashion. It was completely absent from TDK and personally it's one of my favorite parts of any of the tracks from both BB & TDK.

I know the latter half was used in TDK but the first 2 minutes were nowhere to be heard. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Yeah, true. I'm just somewhat surprised how different it all sounds from the trailers. It sounds more familiar than I hoped, but than again there only 30 second samples. Still excited about the 3 tracks I mentioned before.

now that I've gotten over some of the big themes, im starting to really appreciate some of the more subtle snippets, like On Thin Ice (which sounds beautiful) Born in darkness (which sounds very zimmerish) and Nothing out there (very tragic sounding)

I'm guessing all the other stuff will grow on me. It also helps to really hear them whole, too.

Wow. Just wow. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard...were just perfect for scoring the music for this franchise. They managed to create music that captures the tone and emotion beautifully while somehow creating fresh unique tracks to each film. Every soundtrack has been memorable for me and from the snippets for The Dark Knight Rises it sounds as if nothing has changed. It just makes me even sadder that this is probably going to be the last Nolan Batman film.

Wow. Just wow. Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard...were just perfect for scoring the music for this franchise. They managed to create music that captures the tone and emotion beautifully while somehow creating fresh unique tracks to each film. Every soundtrack has been memorable for me and from the snippets for The Dark Knight Rises it sounds as if nothing has changed. It just makes me even sadder that this is probably going to be the last Nolan Batman film.
Love your avy and this post! :applaud

Why Do We Fall
Mind If I Cut In
Rise
On Thin Ice
Gotham's Reckoning

Those are my faves so far.

You know as I was taking a nap earlier it really sank into me that this is all coming to an end soon. After the release of these snippets the realization hit hard. :wow:

You know as I was taking a nap earlier it really sank into me that this is all coming to an end soon. After the release of these snippets the realization hit hard. :wow:
Yeah, it's weird to think that this is the last time we get to sit and anticipate a Nolan Batman movie. Life's going to be a right bag of wank after TDKR.

The more i listen to this, the more i love it and discover different layers to the music. Why do we fall sounds like it will be the big fan-moment song, to rally all of us behind batman's rise or the answer to the question the title asks. "so we can learn to pick ourselves up" and Bruce is certaining picking s*** the **** up from the sounds of things. :funny:

I know... oh well. :csad:

All good things and all that.

Well do not despair too much fellas. As much as I love Nolan's Batman films it isn't like he is retiring from filmmaking. Inception and Memento are some of my favorite films of all time as well so I am still looking forward to enjoying his films in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"