The Score of The Batman

So long as it's not Hans Zimmer or anyone Zimmer-esque. I don't need loud noises drowning out the film.

I wouldn't mind some low key John Carpenter style beats. Something creepy and atmospheric.

I think Alexandre Desplat will probably be the new composer, especially if Affleck does direct and star in the solo film. Desplat worked with Affleck on Argo, but I don't know if Desplat's involvement was due to George Clooney and Grant Heslov.

There's also Harry Gregson-Williams, who scored Affleck's films before Argo. Him or Desplat are the likely candidates.

If Junkie Xl can't score this solo, i'd love it if they got Charlie Clouser to do it.

With Matt Reeves signed on to direct, it's almost guaranteed that his collaborator Michael Giacchino (Star Trek, Doctor Strange) will score the film now.

I could envision Giacchino paying homage to Zimmer and Holkenborg, maybe reference their thematic material in places, but this is going to be a different score.

With Matt Reeves signed on to direct, it's almost guaranteed that his collaborator Michael Giacchino (Star Trek, Doctor Strange) will score the film now.

I could envision Giacchino paying homage to Zimmer and Holkenborg, maybe reference their thematic material in places, but this is going to be a different score.

Michael Giacchino would be a great choice.

I do hope some themes from BvS, or variations of them, will return, despite not liking Zimmer much in general.

Giacchino would be... kind of boring. I'm hoping something more atmospheric.

Jóhann Jóhannsson would be my first choice.

Mica Levi would be my "never gonna happen" choice.

We got atmospheric and brooding... that was Zimmer.

Mica Levi would be interesting, but she seems a bit too avant-garde in terms of flavor. And doesn't write to picture like her peers. For Jackie, she wrote music to the script (as the director hadn't started cutting the film yet) and then the director placed the music where he wanted it.

Matt Reeves doesn't operate that way. 99% sure Giacchino will score the film.

I do hope some themes from BvS, or variations of them, will return, despite not liking Zimmer much in general.

Giacchino is usually a stickler for paying homage to who came before him. He referenced other composers' thematic material in the ST trilogy, Rogue One, two MI films and Jurassic World. However, he did not reference any of Patrick Doyle's material in Dawn of the Apes -- which was directed by Reeves.

Christopher Drake or Jóhann Jóhannsson are my top choices.

Not a fan of Giacchino. The only score of his I sort of like is "Jupiter Ascending".

Michael Giacchino would be a great choice.

I don't think he would be a good choice, Rogue One, Dawn or Doctor Strange soundtracks were such a missed opportunities. But since he worked with Reeves a lot he'll most probably get the job. :whatever:

Desplat would be great. He can capture the atmosphere of the piece perfectly, his Godzilla soundtrack was superbly spot on. Such a shame they've replaced him with Giacchino on Rogue One.

Abel Korzeniowski would be awesome for something classical and haunting.

Get Christopher Drake on the job.

A thousand times yes. His Dark Knight Returns score was the best Batman score ever put to film.

Whenever I listen to this track I picture the opening title sequence to a live action Batman film, the camera opening on a dirty gutter with a discarded newspaper in a puddle reading "Gotham crime epidemic" or something of that ilk. The sound of footsteps running is heard and the puddle is disturbed by a sprinting set of feet, chased by several other sets of feet. The camera pans up to see an alley with a single light and a man who has reached a dead end, with three attackers slowly closing in. Suddenly something hits the light, smashing it to glass shards and the camera's vision is dulled, but it can still make out a massive shadow descending upon the three men.

The camera rises up above the alley, leaving the struggle and moving up above the rooftops to the skyline of Gotham as the music hits the crescendo and the title appears and the bat signal comes to life in the distance. Then the camera floats through the buildings towards the source of the signal as the credits play over the screen, police cars with blaring sirens are seen far below on the streets. The camera finally comes to rest on the roof of the GCPD headquarters where the Commissioner stands smoking a pipe and waiting for the Batman.

[YT]iKHUF7e0hK0[/YT]

Last edited:
Ramin Djawadi. The man knows how to do a theme.

Djawadi would be cool. Marvel ought to kick themselves for not keeping him around after the first Iron Man.

Djawadi would be cool. Marvel ought to kick themselves for not keeping him around after the first Iron Man.

Yeah the first Iron Man soundtrack was great.

Guys, it will be Giacchino's movie to lose. It won't be anyone else.

Warners usually lets directors bring on their own composers, i.e. David Ayer bringing on Steven Price to score Suicide Squad. Reeves has worked with Giacchino on Cloverfield, Let Me In and two Apes films. He will almost certainly do The Batman.

Ben Affleck isn't going to 'persuade' Reeves to pick someone else either. If Giacchino doesn't score The Batman, it will likely be due to scheduling conflicts or personal issues.

I love Christopher Drake's work on Arkham Orgins

Team him up with Junkie XL

They should use this and call it a day.

I'd love for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross to do it, especially if David Fincher directed , but I know neither of those will happen... So, with that in mind, Brian Reitzell. His work on Hannibal is dark, haunting, intense and amazing.

Please no no no Giacchino. His style does not fit what I want for a Batman film. Plus his scores have been kind of boring lately. For the love of all that is good, Christopher Freaking Drake was BORN to score Batman. His TDKR soundtrack is better than 90% of live action movie scores that come out nowadays. Get it done, WB. Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"