Falcon and Winter Soldier The season 2 thread (spoilers?)

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Kevin Feige has said that some shows (Loki) will get a season 2 and others (WandaVision) won't. There's no word on whether or not we will get a season 2 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but would you guys like to see a 2nd season? What would you like to see in a hypothetical season 2? Obviously a lot of this depends on how these final 2 episodes play out.

One possibility for a season 2 that I've thought about is Nuke showing up (I know he was "technically" in Jessica Jones but c'mon) I think he would make a lot of sense here.

Nuke%20(simpsonII).jpg

Anyway, sound off on what you would like to see or just your general thoughts on a season 2

imho, wandavision + fatws will not get 2nd seasons b/c they will still be part of the movie verse. i think loki's time in the movies is done so you can give him more tv stuff b/c fans like him.

but plans can always change and who knows how the movie industry will be over the next 12-24 months with covid. we'll see what's on the agenda from 2023-2025. whatever the case, it won't be before then.

imho, wandavision + fatws will not get 2nd seasons b/c they will still be part of the movie verse. i think loki's time in the movies is done so you can give him more tv stuff b/c fans like him.

but plans can always change and who knows how the movie industry will be over the next 12-24 months with covid. we'll see what's on the agenda from 2023-2025. whatever the case, it won't be before then.
All good points. I do think this show lends itself to a second season more than Wandavision and I'm not entirely sure where these characters could pop up next looking at the upcoming film slate.

I think a second season here is possible but if it happens it will probably have a title change since we know Sam is going to be dropping the “Falcon” name and be the new Cap. I could also see Bucky getting a solo spinoff series, since Sam will likely be leading the Avengers in a new movie at some point, or get his own solo film.

Including Nuke would make sense but wouldn’t it be kinda... repetitive? His arc is similar to Walker’s, and Walker is a better character. Though I suppose you could include him as a cautionary tale of what happens when a patriotism-drunk super soldier goes REALLY nuts and if Walker is still around (and on a mission to redeem himself) he could be sent to take him down. But it just seems like we’ve already seen that story.

I think a second season here is possible but if it happens it will probably have a title change since we know Sam is going to be dropping the “Falcon” name and be the new Cap. I could also see Bucky getting a solo spinoff series, since Sam will likely be leading the Avengers in a new movie at some point, or get his own solo film.

Including Nuke would make sense but wouldn’t it be kinda... repetitive? His arc is similar to Walker’s, and Walker is a better character. Though I suppose you could include him as a cautionary tale of what happens when a patriotism-drunk super soldier goes REALLY nuts and if Walker is still around (and on a mission to redeem himself) he could be sent to take him down. But it just seems like we’ve already seen that story.
Walker and Nuke do share a lot of similarities but I can't help but feel he'd be a much better fit in a show like this compared to whatever he was supposed to be in Jessica Jones, lol. I'd like to see a proper version in live action. I'm sure they could do something that would make sense and make it feel fresh enough that it would be different.

I think a season 2 is up in the air considering these characters can also appear in upcoming films, though I can see spin-off shows originating from Falcon & The Winter Soldier

US Agent series perhaps?

Sebastian Stan did an interview where he said he's down for a second season if it's in the cards, but it's hard to tell from that comment if he knows if it's actually being planned or not.

The series format has been great to develop the characters.

But, personally, I'd rather see Sam as Captain America get his own movie. Bigger budget and action scenes.

if there's any spin off its a isiah bradley limited series set back in the 50s.

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Will Run as a Drama Series at 2021 Emmys — Exclusive

While Moore said Marvel “always wants the possibility” for more seasons, he did not confirm “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” Season 2 was moving forward just yet. “We’ve definitely kicked around ideas because we always like to keep thinking about where things can go, but we also, frankly, in the crush of the pandemic, we’re just trying to finish the show and make sure it got out in a timely matter,” he said. “Hopefully at the end of this season, you will see the potential for what we could tell in a subsequent season.”

I thought I read somewhere that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is meant to be a one-off miniseries. That might be speaking technically though, since there will be no more Falcon. We might just get a completely new series but with the same characters that sort of acts as Season 2.

What are we thinking now that season 1 is officially in the books? Where do these characters go from here?

*IF* there's a season 2 it'll be called "Captain America and The Winter Soldier" which will be really weird for the general audience to have a show change name half way through.

BUT

what I fully expect is that we will see a Captain America show or movie with Sam.

Perhaps:
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty
or
Captain America vs The Serpent Society

And then maybe we will see Bucky opposite Florence Pugh in a "Widowmaker" series.

New show runners.

Russo Brothers used to do TV. Come back! The series was missing that Russo touch!

Captain America 4 just announced, same show runner attached.

New show runners.

Russo Brothers used to do TV. Come back! The series was missing that Russo touch!

This would have been amazing, but... so unlikely. They said they'd only return for Secret War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"