The Secret Garden 2020 Edition

DarkKnight88

Avenger
Reaction score

The Secret Garden has not been kind to Colin Firth.

hqdefault.jpg

Colin-Firth-The-Secret-Garden-Archibald-Craven-Coat.jpg

A classic story that deserves a big-deal modern adaptation. Colin wouldn't be my first choice for Uncle Archibald, but that guy can do anything well (except sketch comedy on SNL).

I haven't seen much hype for this, I hope it turns out well. If we're going to keep getting remakes, this is one that I don't mind seeing.

What’s the consensus on previous versions?

Is the 1993 version the most beloved? I’ve heard good things about the 1949 version as well.

Wish they'd do a film based on the Broadway musical version. I thought that would make a really good movie.

What’s the consensus on previous versions?

Is the 1993 version the most beloved? I’ve heard good things about the 1949 version as well.

I don't think I've seen the 1993 version, but distinctly remember seeing this version from 1987 more than a few times when I was a kid: The Secret Garden (TV Movie 1987) - IMDb Not sure how well-regarded it is today, but it's the movie responsible for turning me on to Chopin's famous Nocturne No. 19.

Haven't seen it in ages and never realized before that was Colin Firth playing older Colin.

The CGI Garden.

Looks decent, probably the Colin Firth effect.

The Broadway show has incredible music, and somehow a less than stellar book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"