Days of Future Past The Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the X2 design. very futuristic. and less comicbookie. And doesnt remind of Transformers at all. I wouldnt mind something like that for the movie.

Several smaller 10-15 foot sentinels and one massive middle-finger-to-mutant-kind 50 foot tall uber sentinel that serves as the climactic battle.

Oh look... It's Micheal Fassbender....

Oh look... Mr. Sentinel got turned into a goddamn iron pretzel....

Why? Magneto! That's why!

I'm very interested in seeing the sentinels appear in an X film.
I guess what i'm thinking is in a lot of ways they've been very conservative with mutant powers in the films. Would they be the same way with the sentinels or would they go all out? Going all out would without a doubt add a huge since of danger I think.

Here's a question: If the Sentinels are involved, should Forge figure into things? Might be interesting to see a mutant forced to design/create mutant killing machines.

Here's a question: If the Sentinels are involved, should Forge figure into things? Might be interesting to see a mutant forced to design/create mutant killing machines.

In the 90s animated series' version of DoFP, Forge is the one who designs the time machine that sends back Bishop to the present day.

yeah, would be cool to see him in the future, as one of the most recent x-men on the future timeline

I want to see Mastermold first but it has to look really big and that might be hard to pull off unlike with Nimrod.

I love the scene in the animated series after Mastermold emerges from the underground Sentinels base.

Xavier is flying a plane loaded with explosives to blow up the base. Magneto surrounds the plane with a magnetic force bubble as Mastermold fires a blast at it, then Xavier ejects from the plane as it ploughs into Mastermold and the base, destroying everything (with Magneto then protecting the X-Men from the explosion with another magnetic force field).

That could be adapted well for the screen if they were to show the destruction of the Sentinels and Mastermold as part of the story. Perhaps, once Xavier has ejected, Magneto might also magnetically direct the plane to ensure it strikes the base.

But I'd love to finally see that magnetic force field! At the very least, it could still be invisible (as magnetism is) but seen as the Mastermold energy bolt hits it and flows around it (a bit like Jean's TK field was visible in the dam in X2 as Cyclops' blast hit it).

Magneto's powers sometimes need some special effects, I think. The subtle magnetic humming/pulsing sound when he is holding up the X-jet in X2 is excellent. A similar effect should have been used when he stopped the missiles in First Class.

Those sorts of subtle effects can make a difference to the cinematic experience, just as the scene where Storm lets loose at the end of X1 was enhanced by lightning coming from her eyes and hair. When she calls down the bolt to strike Toad, lightning flares up from her hair as she attracts down the lightning. It's also based on science in which objects on the ground send up a 'positive streamer' that connects with the downwards charge from the cloud.

The subtle magnetic humming/pulsing sound when he is holding up the X-jet in X2 is excellent. A similar effect should have been used when he stopped the missiles in First Class.

Yeah I love the sounds they use for Magneto powers, adds alot even though they arent that obvious sometimes. The sound effect/score they use when Mags brings out Shaws corpse in FC was really affective. Really set a darker transition to the character. The scene with Moira is also alot more tense because of the sound. Your right about the missile scene, dont even think they used any there. Weird that one wasnt emphasized.

Last edited:
I love the scene in the animated series after Mastermold emerges from the underground Sentinels base.

Xavier is flying a plane loaded with explosives to blow up the base. Magneto surrounds the plane with a magnetic force bubble as Mastermold fires a blast at it, then Xavier ejects from the plane as it ploughs into Mastermold and the base, destroying everything (with Magneto then protecting the X-Men from the explosion with another magnetic force field).

That could be adapted well for the screen if they were to show the destruction of the Sentinels and Mastermold as part of the story. Perhaps, once Xavier has ejected, Magneto might also magnetically direct the plane to ensure it strikes the base.

But I'd love to finally see that magnetic force field! At the very least, it could still be invisible (as magnetism is) but seen as the Mastermold energy bolt hits it and flows around it (a bit like Jean's TK field was visible in the dam in X2 as Cyclops' blast hit it).

Magneto's powers sometimes need some special effects, I think. The subtle magnetic humming/pulsing sound when he is holding up the X-jet in X2 is excellent. A similar effect should have been used when he stopped the missiles in First Class.

Those sorts of subtle effects can make a difference to the cinematic experience, just as the scene where Storm lets loose at the end of X1 was enhanced by lightning coming from her eyes and hair. When she calls down the bolt to strike Toad, lightning flares up from her hair as she attracts down the lightning. It's also based on science in which objects on the ground send up a 'positive streamer' that connects with the downwards charge from the cloud.

That was awesome. That entire show was so good.

The season finale, "The Final Decision" was one of my favorite episodes. When I went and read the dotp comics I was disappointed that there wasn't an equivalent story in the comics.

I remember seeing it, back in the day, but was concept art legit or fan made...

...would anyone like to see them follow this designs (if it is real)

Good lord that woulda been soooo cool Would fit perfect in the future to First class. Best realistic sentinel I've ever seen and so cold to.

Great thread

I liked the blue sentinels in the Age of Apocalypse best.

I loved that episode, when I was younger.

"What is that object?"
"It appears to be the ace of spades."

:funny:

If they put in a future Wolverine/future Gambit (played by Josh Holloway) team up against a Sentinel a la Final Decision, it would make the entire movie worth while!

Can wait to see the Sentinels! They were always my favorite X villains!

My money is on Nimrod and Nimrod only. Doubt they'll put any more money into this sequel than they did with the first FC which was about 160 mill. And if 160mil could budget in Sentinels, I'm sure they would've done it already.

So I doubt they'll be any Sentinels unless they reuse that.....

images

They have 175 million at least.It cost fox 140 million on first Class due to tax credits.
And not rushing helps.

Your not going to have just nimrod.You can't show a future with just one sentinle.

Yeah they need enough Sentinels to wipe out and capture most of the mutant population. No ones gonna believe One Sentinel doing all that.

Yeah they need enough Sentinels to wipe out and capture most of the mutant population. No ones gonna believe One Sentinel doing all that.

We're assuming they'll actually be featuring sentinels all while knowing how notorious FOX is for it's shortcuts and unnecessary changes in the script phase...

Odds are it'll mainly focus on a mutant from the future going back in time with Nimrod following him. "I'm thinking something like The Terminator."

They might just show the remains of what happen in the future after the sentinel attack if at all, with said time traveling mutant doing a quick montage of what happened. Thus 30 seconds of CCI sentinels that are somewhat better than the last one in X-men: The Last Stand.

If fans are lucky....

Last edited:
we're assuming they'll actually be featuring sentinels all while knowing how notorious fox is for it's shortcuts and unnecessary changes in the script phase...

Odds are it'll mainly focus on a mutant from the future going back in time with nimrod following him. "i'm thinking something like the terminator."

they might just show the remains of what happen in the future after the sentinel attack if at all, with said time traveling mutant doing a quick montage of what happened. Thus 30 seconds of cci sentinels that are somewhat better than the last one in x-men united.

If fans are lucky....
x-men:the last stand.

I thought the sentinel look from the W&tXM animated series looked pretty cool. I'd like to see something along those lines.

I thought the sentinel look from the W&tXM animated series looked pretty cool. I'd like to see something along those lines.

Agreed.

The Sentinel featuring in the X-men training should definitely be the scale for the majority of Sentinels - however taking another cue from W&tXM i think the possibility of the 'Hunter' type could also be interesting. Seeing as most of the shots of the Sentinels would be from the 'alternate future' where Senitor Kelly (linking to the first film) would be alive - should Magneto die (would be intresting if the X-men have to save Magneto from the main villain)

I really want to see Genosha and Sentinels wiping out 16 million mutants, this can be the starting point of a future ruled by Sentinels. I think showing genocide in X-Men could be really powerful but also very dark. Jean Grey and Magneto's assault on Alcatraz could reintroduce the registration act and initiating project wideawake, and without Xavier to stand up for mutants leading to near extinction of mutants. Thus making the future group of X-Men desperate enough go back in time to prevent the events of X3 or even back to a period where they stop Xavier from planting psychic barriers which created the Phoenix personality.

GAH I want official news already!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"