Days of Future Past The Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.
2hn0rop.gif

god I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that design. :cmad:

I came cross these, not sure if their "official" concept art, or not
but, their still pretty cool designs...

Awesome. I've never seen these before. I think I like the second one the best.

this one is not bad.
Not perfect but somewhat acceptable.

I just want to hear "SURRENDER MUTANT" in a deep barreling voice like XTAS :woot:

Yes the same voice from the animated series!
This would be a cool way to introduce the Sentinels
sentinels+ross+style.jpg

Maybe even at the epilogue of The Wolverine

Great find Spider-Fan! I've never seen those concepts, but you can see Guy's name in the bottom, so I imagine they're from the production of X2.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the design that came out of X2, it's a clever concept of mobility.

sentinalConcept_01.jpg
sentinalConcept_02.jpg

sentinels1.jpg

this one is not bad.
Not perfect but somewhat acceptable.

That's the best of the three images. I'm not too fond of the proportions - no neck! Makes it look a bit odd. The comic book artwork is far superior.

Great find Spider-Fan! I've never seen those concepts, but you can see Guy's name in the bottom, so I imagine they're from the production of X2.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the design that came out of X2, it's a clever concept of mobility.

Not clever at all. It was done in Star Wars and why be inside a wheel or sphere when you can fly?

Because having a bunch of sentinels fly through New York probably isn't the best way to keep a low profile when trying to covertly invade a school full of children...

Sentinels don't care about being covert.

Thry symbolize blatant martial law or an inescapable police state.

Not clever at all. It was done in Star Wars and why be inside a wheel or sphere when you can fly?

Well excuse me. :cwink:

What's so clever about a flying anthropomorphized robot? And whether the concept has been done before in another film is moot--giant robots are FAR from an original or new concept in film anyway. I still think the wheel design is a clever way to ground an outrageous concept closer to reality without taking away the giant robot.

I would prefer if they avoided the wheel concept, especially after Star Wars and Transformers. The Sentinels should have a large intimidating presence at all times imo.

I think they could combine the idea. Have the smaller wheeled Sentinels and larger flying Sentinels. Who is to say they need ONE model

Forget the wheels and exposed wire. Keep it simple.

michael-golden-x-men-001_zps528921bd.jpg

Well excuse me. :cwink:

What's so clever about a flying anthropomorphized robot? And whether the concept has been done before in another film is moot--giant robots are FAR from an original or new concept in film anyway. I still think the wheel design is a clever way to ground an outrageous concept closer to reality without taking away the giant robot.

So a bunch of Sentinels come rolling down the road carefully negotiating 90 degree corners and obeying traffic signals...they didn't spot the major road works ahead of them and they all disappear down a huge pit :woot: Way to go Sentinels!

What good are they against a flying mutant?

Sentinels don't care about being covert.

Thry symbolize blatant martial law or an inescapable police state.

That particular sentinel design was developed for X2, and while sentinels may not care about being covert, the US Government sure as hell does, especially the President.

As for Days of Future Past, I'm sure they will use something different.

Last edited:
The Sentinels stand for a rule of total terror, so I don't think they would roll around in wheels unless they wanted an element of surprise. Even then, by the time they had unfurled from inside the wheel, people would have chance to run away!

Agreed. I think it all depends on whether or not they want Sentinels to be stealthy/discreet or an intimidating and enforcing presence. As BMM said, the design above would have fitted well in X2 as it would have been the first time the govt. issued them. In DOFP however I'd imagine Sentinels have been around for a while.

Exactly. In X2, they were worried about the perception of Stryker invading the school, especially should anything happen to one of the children... so the sight of a bunch of mutant hunting, killing machines lumbering toward a school for gifted youngsters probably wouldn't have played too well. In Days of Future Past, we're beyond that.

Why are Sentinels in this movie. Dumb, dumb dumb. An actual sequel to First Class is all I wanted now they're bringing back just about every character 3 who I could careless about. Really Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty Pryde. they were terrible. Don't even get me started on Storm. Bleh. if McAvoy and Fassbender lose any screentime to anyone from the original eh it won't be worth seeing.

Yes the same voice from the animated series!
This would be a cool way to introduce the Sentinels
sentinels+ross+style.jpg

Maybe even at the epilogue of The Wolverine

if we end getting some shots like this....

:bow:

I really hope Singer surprises both haters and fans with this movie. He HAS to

the Sentinels don't need to be the size of skyscrapers. i think having them be around 10-15 feet would be ideal. not exaggeratedly tall, but still just as menacing.

the Sentinels don't need to be the size of skyscrapers. i think having them be around 10-15 feet would be ideal. not exaggeratedly tall, but still just as menacing.
Yeah, they dont need to be but it would be pretty rad if they were.

Why are Sentinels in this movie. Dumb, dumb dumb. An actual sequel to First Class is all I wanted now they're bringing back just about every character 3 who I could careless about. Really Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty Pryde. they were terrible. Don't even get me started on Storm. Bleh. if McAvoy and Fassbender lose any screentime to anyone from the original eh it won't be worth seeing.

lol! Someone is disappointed. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"