Logan The sequel to “LOGAN” should be “X-Men: Legacy”

Stan Lee

Civilian
Reaction score
I feel that since the original X-Men franchise started with Wolverine and Rogue as lead characters, it should end that way with Rogue taking care of Laura at Eden. And this would also be a great place to introduce Gambit.

Rogue surviving makes sense since Logan saved her before via giving her his powers like in X1. bad place, have her permanently keep Logan's healing factor like with Carol Danvers so you wouldn't have to make Anna Paquin look older.

This would of course mirror X-Men: Legacy where Rogue mentored young Mutants at Utopia, which was similar to Eden. Eden is probably a cover name for Utopia. "X-Men: Legacy" can also have the double meaning of Laura taking up the legacy of The Wolverine.

Nice :up: Yet to see Logan but I'd love to see Paquin return as Rogue.

I actually love the idea of Rogue being in Eden. Especially since she had the biggest role of any character besides Logan in that comic book. Maybe Cyclops too.

With that said, just so as to not cause confusion, it would be "X-23: Legacy." I imagine it will be R, especially if Mangold directs it, and there should be a distinction between these grimmer western infused adult movies (Mangold has said he is open to maintaining a western theme in one of his interviews) and the more all-age X-Men films. With that said, I just want Supernova to be good.

I understand that an after credits scene would have made the last scene of the movie not as emotional and non-lingering but they could have had Rogue standing at the edge of the forest/border as the kids approached it. A short 15-20 second clip, no dialogue. They could do something with this in future movies or not. :)

Just a little closure for X-23 to know she will be taken care of and for Rogue to take on the role of guardian for Logan's child since he was the one who saved her life in X-Men.

Throw in 90 year old Magneto as well, he had a fair bit to do with the original X-Men Legacy comic series.

He'd be pushing 100 if the film is set around 2029/30, which is still feasible.

I like this! Pitch it to FOX, maybe you'll be lucky like Josh Boone.

I understand that an after credits scene would have made the last scene of the movie not as emotional and non-lingering but they could have had Rogue standing at the edge of the forest/border as the kids approached it. A short 15-20 second clip, no dialogue. They could do something with this in future movies or not. :)

Just a little closure for X-23 to know she will be taken care of and for Rogue to take on the role of guardian for Logan's child since he was the one who saved her life in X-Men.

But the movie wants (and benefits from) ambiguity. Logan is an old man who dies so that the next generation can live. Sadly, like in life, that means he cannot see what they'll do or what that means. We are here for Logan's story and we end with his on the crucifix. Let your imagination, hopes, or fears fill in the rest.

Oh see this shiz needs to happen ASAP. I was really hoping Anna would show up in the end.

Personally i don't see them making an film called X-Men set post logan while also making the other films pre-logan called X-Men.

I could see them setting another team movie post Logan like alpha flight or exiles and adding X23 to that.

Personally i don't see them making an film called X-Men set post logan while also making the other films pre-logan called X-Men.

I could see them setting another team movie post Logan like alpha flight or exiles and adding X23 to that.
This. :woot:

I like what's being discussed, but just call it X-23. And if by the end of the film Laura gets her revenge for Logan and comes out the other side then she takes up the mantle Wolverine in future films in honor of her father.

I think X-23 is the perfect segue for Rogue to come back. She'd essentially be returning Logan the favor. He saved her and hooked her up with Charles and the X-Men. It'd feel right if she were the one to look after Laura.

If only Fox would only let go of that X-Men roster stuck in the past. I can see this happening.

I think one of the mistakes people tend to make is the expectation that characters in this universe have to revolve around X-Men (or X-Force) because judging by the tv shows and other projects on the way id say that FOX ain't putting all their eggs into one basket with this franchise, they are swaying outwards rather than inwards.

It is not as much as that I liked the original cast. I am not even sad that Patrick and Hugh are done. But it doesn't benefit thebX-Men to remain in the past and be played by younger versions of characters that transcended more to the masses.

No Rogue, No iceman, No Colossus except in Deadpool films because the stories should be set in the past... Um how is that fine?

You open the comics and the X-Men always remain in the present.

Last edited:
Call it Laura X. Kinda riffs on the Logan title, but also hits the X-Men franchise button.

Laura X reminds me of Stacy X. Either call it Laura or X²³. Though the latter might confuse others as the 23rd X-Men movie.

Very glad Rogue didn't pop up here. Never liked Paquin in the XMen franchise.

I'd like an X23 film but no idea how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"