Dark Phoenix The Simon Kinberg Thread - Director, Writer & Producer of Dark Phoenix

So many talented directors in hollywood and fox decided to hire someone who wrote some of the worst x-men movies. Awesome...
This is why you don’t hire your mates for important jobs, unless they happen to be leading directors (or those with a lot of potential) who deserve the job regardless.

I don't know if it was an ego thing or what, but Kinberg being the sole writer AND the director really, really hurt the film. There was so much good about it and I can see the effort (especially from the cast), but this just needed more work put into it. Co-writing the film with a smart female writer would have done miracles for the end result.

I don't know if it was an ego thing or what, but Kinberg being the sole writer AND the director really, really hurt the film. There was so much good about it and I can see the effort (especially from the cast), but this just needed more work put into it. Co-writing the film with a smart female writer would have done miracles for the end result.
We could've told you all that during pre-production, during production, during post-production. Oh wait, WE DID!

We could've told you all that during pre-production, during production, during post-production. Oh wait, WE DID!

Are you incapable of actual conversation, or?

Even when proven wrong you still can't accept it. You continue to blame others for trusting the wrong people and actually lob personal insults. But I'll let you be. Enjoy.

Do we know specifically which fox executive hired this guy? That name needs to be thrown in the mud too. Talk about bad calls.

So is Kinberg now being courted by Marvel Studios to replace Kevin Feige? :o

Even when proven wrong you still can't accept it. You continue to blame others for trusting the wrong people and actually lob personal insults. But I'll let you be. Enjoy.

You have a personal vendetta for Kinberg, I don't. You are completely welcome to ignore me if you don't like that, but I'm going to analyze the film and its behind the scenes drama further. I have no problem with you, but you really don't have to reply to me if your point of view is just "I told you so" and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"