The Simpsons Movie

War Party said:
I wasn't bashing the movie. I should of been more specific, but they should bring back hank scorpio.
Damn straight. Albert Brooks better be doing Cowboy Bob in this as well.

THE SIMPSONS didn't run out of steam years ago. It ran out of original ideas (as if there is such a thing anymore), and they stopped hiring writers who gave a damn about original concepts. It still has some great moments, if not consistently good episodes. I'm not sure there's even been a show that hasn't had to jump the shark at some point and just keep plugging along. Also, seems to me that when SOUTH PARK and FAMILY GUY appeared, they started redefining "cartoon humor" in a lot of ways, and THE SIMPSONS time-tested style became a bit "tame" in comparison. As a result, THE SIMPSONS now finds itself drawing from those styles of humor. But it still posesses the potential to be absolutely hilarious. A movie could work, and work well. I have high hopes.

The Guard said:
THE SIMPSONS didn't run out of steam years ago. It ran out of original ideas (as if there is such a thing anymore), and they stopped hiring writers who gave a damn about original concepts. It still has some great moments, if not consistently good episodes. I'm not sure there's even been a show that hasn't had to jump the shark at some point and just keep plugging along. Also, seems to me that when SOUTH PARK and FAMILY GUY appeared, they started redefining "cartoon humor" in a lot of ways, and THE SIMPSONS time-tested style became a bit "tame" in comparison. As a result, THE SIMPSONS now finds itself drawing from those styles of humor. But it still posesses the potential to be absolutely hilarious. A movie could work, and work well. I have high hopes.
Seinfeld never had to jump the shark.

I like the ideia of bringing back Hank Scorpio.
The Simpsons have had so many great shows,that is only natural that the writers feel a bit... without ideas.
But I bet the movie is going to be great. :)

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
FINALLY! Someone who agrees. That show is pure crap. I much prefer The Nanny :up:
Wow, you COMPLETELY missed the point. I don't agree one f**king iota.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
FINALLY! Someone who agrees. That show is pure crap. I much prefer The Nanny :up:

How can anyone not like seinfeld?

I didnt even realise until last week there was going to be a movie. I heard for years they were going to think about developing one but never saw official word.

Sounds good

War Party said:
It's a sad thing.

I was flicking through an old Empire magazine I have which featured Sin City, and it had a review of Seinfeld: Series ... Three... I think it was...anywho, they gave the "plot" (or "overall entertainment value" for tv show box sets) AND special features, 5/5 each. I stared at it for at least 10 minutes and I was like...W.T.F.

The poor money we could be using now ws used to waste people's time, energy and shiny plastic, internet space and television time. Shame on y'all.

Questions:

1-Are the old school Simpsons writers gonna come back? (God I hope so)

2-Is Waylon Smithers gonna come out of the clost in this movie?

3-Are we gonna find out exactly in which state Springfield is in this movie?

4-Will Homer and Bart (the most popular characters in my country) gonna have a big role in the movie?

5-Is Seymour Skinner gonna marry Edna Krabappel in this movie?

6-Is Montgomery Burns gonna be the bad guy in this movie?

7-Which celebrities will guest-star in this movie?

8-Is Homer gonna say "Wohooo!", "D'Oh!" and "Mmmm..." in this movie?

9-Is Bart gonna say "Eat my shorts" in this movie?

10-Will Kang and Kodos have a cameo in this movie?

thealiasman2000 said:
Questions:

1-Are the old school Simpsons writers gonna come back? (God I hope so)
2-Is Waylon Smithers gonna come out of the clost in this movie?
3-Are we gonna find out exactly in which state Springfield is in this movie?
4-Will Homer and Bart (the most popular characters in my country) gonna have a big role in the movie?
5-Is Seymour Skinner gonna marry Edna Krabappel in this movie?
6-Is Montgomery Burns gonna be the bad guy in this movie?
7-Which celebrities will guest-star in this movie?
8-Is Homer gonna say "Wohooo!", "D'Oh!" and "Mmmm..." in this movie?
9-Is Bart gonna say "Eat my shorts" in this movie?
10-Will Kang and Kodos have a cameo in this movie?

1. Most likely...
2. Do we absolutely HAVE TO waste time dwelling over something we already know?
3. That'd be a cool revelation :up:
4. Most likely again :up:
5. Didn't he already marry her? If not...I doubt it unless it's an integral part of the plot.
6. MOST DEFINITE. PERIOD.
7. Hard to say, the series is okay, because the celebrities are of the time, yet it also keeps the episode in that year (eg Yvan Eht Nioj episode...1998 NSync *shivers*)
8. I tink they'd leave mmm...something or other to the end, but yes.
9. I hope not...but that's another one they'll only do one of.
10. Hopefully, but not in the film, I hope, maybe just in the credits making fun of people or something. "Stupid 2D earthlings...how are their 3D films supposed to work!?!" or something like that :up:

Wait. About Bruns being the villain...I was just thinking about it and it might be a cliche.

Just for the record, Skinner TRIED to marry Krabbapeel, but she ended up ditching him and they went back to square one.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
I was flicking through an old Empire magazine I have which featured Sin City, and it had a review of Seinfeld: Series ... Three... I think it was...anywho, they gave the "plot" (or "overall entertainment value" for tv show box sets) AND special features, 5/5 each. I stared at it for at least 10 minutes and I was like...W.T.F.

The poor money we could be using now ws used to waste people's time, energy and shiny plastic, internet space and television time. Shame on y'all.
Your incredibly crappy taste in entertainment continues to astonish me. How will you top yourself next time? Are you going to enlighten us to the fact that Ashlee Simpson is underrated, or that you find Leonardo Da Vinci to be a hack and a moron? Or that Salinger sucks as a writer, while "I don't like sand..." is one of cinema's greatest lines?

Um...I hate Seinfeld...I don't work for Empire, Sin City is awesome...THEY (EMPIRE) gave Seinfeld 5/5, not me.

Seinfeld sucks serious balls.

You have got to have the worst taste of anyone I've encountered on this site. You're a Paul Anderson fan, you were defending Ultraviolet, you're defending the newer Simpsons episodes, and you think Seinfeld "sucks." Seinfeld is probably the most universally loved and critically acclaimed sitcom of all time. The reviews for it that you're reading aren't crazy, it's just that you're really really really dumb.

Uh-oh!

Someone doesn't have a girlfriend!
I'm allowed to be a fan of his.
I wasn't defending Ultraviolet, I was just speculating.
I wasn't defending the new simpsons episodes, it was just my theory.
And Seinfeld literally does suck. it's a show about nothing. End of story. Amazing how they could keep it going.

Look, I am totally sick and tired of fighting with you over personal opinion. You care that much about what is in the mainstream media, complain to those who make it and stop wasting your time and energy fighting someone you don't care about and wasting internet space.

Internet Rule number 56: Anyone pathetic enough to use the "you must not have a girlfriend" insult is worth less than cats**t. Thanks for playing. Being a Paul Anderson fan while simultaneously thinking Seinfeld sucks makes you certifiably guitared. End of story. Your taste is atrocious and your intelligence is utterly embarassing.

I'm sorry.

I am so sorry for liking what I like and doing what I want to do with my life. It's absolutely amazing how rude some people can be.

I'm surprised you even know how to read, watching all those episodes of Seinfeld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"