The Skrulls thread!

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2017.

1. legendkillin Registered

I know the mutant part of the agreement. I just wouldn't be surprised if code names are part of it to. In X-Men they call him Peter but Marvel used Pietro. I don't believe either have called him Quicksilver yet.

I don't think they bother with one off villains like him. Stroll in Ant-Man I don't recall being called Yellowjacket. I remember the uniform being called it.

We do have Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Panther, War Machine, Ant-Man, and most of the known heroes. They just don't go around saying "Hey Hulk" or "Look out Hawkeye" they mostly call them by their real name. The public in the movies seem to know their code names.

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well the point is that they could create a version of Super Skrull who doesn't have the powers of the FF but the powers of the Avengers. They don't even need to call him Super Skrull. It could be something similar to Kl'rt or even that name if Fox down own that bit. We'd all know it's Super Skrull but he wouldn't be the version that Fox own.

Because even if Marvel did own him, what would be the point of using him exactly as he is with the powers of the Four if Marvel don't even own the FF?

3. Mike Murdock Registered

Someone referred to her as either "the witch" or "that witch" in Civil War, though.

I've always maintained that he's Crimson Dynamo, not Whiplash anyway. Not that it changes much either way, but his name is Vanko.

4. Silvermoth Avenger

Aw, I would love to see Crimson dynamo. Such a shame we've had so many iron man movies and movies with iron man in them but not Crimson

5. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The only thing was that he wasn't Crimson at all. Maybe they did that because they didn't want his colour to clash with Iron Man's, who is also largely red.

I would've far preferred him as Crimson Dynamo than as Whiplash as advertised.

The Skrulls are a way to retcon a lot of things in the MCU or bring people back to life if they want.

6. MbJ Registered

Official look at the concept art.

[​IMG]

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, I think Whiplash was fine. . . as Whiplash. The most annoying thing was how his final armor was so bland and generic, rather than a further extension of his earlier aesthetic.

8. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

Carol will rip out Fury's eye.

He loves you.

9. bubbadoom Registered

PLEASE us prosthetics for the Skrulls and not cgi....

10. Abudefduf Registered

Fat chance. Even Spider-Man is CGI now.

11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

In their base forms I am guessing we will have a mix of CGI and make up but... Well just look at the list of total CGI creations in the MCU so far... Being CGI hasn't hurt Groot, or Rocket or Hulk. And looking at the de-aging of RDJ in CW I mean... Yeah doing the Skrulls with mocap isn't some travesty in my eyes. They will look fine.

12. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

OTOH, the Skrulls aren't that far from human baseline, in appearance. I suspect a lot of work will be done with makeup, with CGI used for actual shapeshifting and as touchup.

13. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah. I would rather see face paint and prosthetics than green suits. Obviously when they transform into someone that will need to be CGI though

14. AlluAllu Registered

James Gunn uses lot of face paint and prosthetics. For example there is bts footage of those love bots from vol 2.

15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Nebula's look is fantastic, imo. I'd be fine with mo-cap or make-up/prosthetics. Either way I trust they'll look good.

16. Silvermoth Avenger

Imagine how funny it would be if they kept hinting at the eye thing with nick fury and got all the way til the end and he still had both. Then he and Carol go out for Chinese, he gets a bit too close to his chopsticks and then "cor blimey right in the eye" and that's how it happened

17. bubbadoom Registered

Guardians is almost all prosthetics and make-up, yet other shows lean on the cgi for very similar characters - the Vision is not that different than Nebula - Thanos was originally all make-up [in Avengers] yet went digital in Guardians - who can say what they'll do...I would prefer make-up at least for a foundation...

18. Mike Murdock Registered

I thought Thanos was pure CG in Avengers and went mocap later. Who was the guy in the makeup in Avengers?

19. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I forget his name but yeah, Thanos at the end with the Other was prosthetics with CGI.

20. Alpha1999 Registered

It would be shocking if Thanos is defeated in Infinity War but the victorious Avenger holding the Gauntlet turns out to be a Skrull. "Great job! You got the gauntlet away from Thanos... Uh? Why are you turning green and what the hell is happening to your chin?!"

21. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

He loves you.

22. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

So what is the closest Marvel could get to Super Skrull, visually? If they had one that took powers from what they perceived as the strongest Avengers they could have one with Hulk's fists/strength (replacing Ben's fists), Vision's density manipulation/phasing/intangibility (replacing Sue's invisibility), Carol's photonic blasts (replacing Johnny's flames) and... um something else?

[​IMG]

23. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Damion Poitier. He was in Civil War too as one of Crossbones' thugs.

24. bubbadoom Registered

very LITTLE cgi...if any...

25. HunBoy Captain Hungary

Are prelude comics part of MCU? Skrulls were "mentioned" in GOTG prelude comic.

[​IMG]

#50 HunBoy, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017