The Skrulls thread!

My view on the tie-in comics is that they're canon until the movies contradict them in anyway.

I figure they are *probably* canon, but don't count on them as definitive fact for anything major.

Either way I don't think there's anything terribly decisive about the scene in question. It's just a mention that people know Skrulls exist.

So what is the closest Marvel could get to Super Skrull, visually? If they had one that took powers from what they perceived as the strongest Avengers they could have one with Hulk's fists/strength (replacing Ben's fists), Vision's density manipulation/phasing/intangibility (replacing Sue's invisibility), Carol's photonic blasts (replacing Johnny's flames) and... um something else?

1435631-400px_super_skrull_mvsc3_ftw.png

The look doesn't have to be consistent. It can be different looks at different times depending on whose power Super Skrull takes on. It could be like Super Adaptoid, who sometimes looks more like Iron Man, other times more like Cap/ Hawkeye etc. To not just look like the F4 version, it would need more than just four powers.

Really can't wait to see the Skrulls in the MCU.

Would love to see a variation on Super Skrull like someone posted a couple of pages back

Given its 90s setting, an MCU Super Skrull would likely be built on alien races to which we've previously been introduced. I could see some combination of Flora Colossus (Groot), Fire Demon, Pluvian (Martinex), Kronan, the Sovereign and Sakaaran.

Given its 90s setting, an MCU Super Skrull would likely be built on alien races to which we've previously been introduced. I could see some combination of Flora Colossus (Groot), Fire Demon, Pluvian (Martinex), Kronan, the Sovereign and Sakaaran.

That would be cool, as it would give him a lot of the abilities he has in the comics then. Really hope we see a variation of Kl'rt.

It might be interesting to establish that the skrulls are desperate, possibly because their empire has been destroyed and their planet devastated

Zemo said to Cap in CA:CW:
I just realised...there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes.

Stupid theory:
What if Cap is a Skrull? :D

I doubt it. That would be some *incredibly* impressive "stay in character", in a situation where the infiltrator would have every incentive to give up.

That's the big fear I have with the Skrulls coming in...any Skrull who has been undercover for too long is going to start undercutting character moments we know and love.

Stupid theory:

If that is true, I left the Cinema and burn my blurays.
I doubt Marvel dont go this huge risk.

Stupid theory:
I think it was referencing him be envious.

or

Him being like Hulk since Banner was a result of attempted super soldier remake.

I don't think it was a reference so much as exactly what he said - that even someone who appears as perfect as Cap from afar can have flaws. I don't think it has any double meaning beyond that.

I don't think it was a reference so much as exactly what he said - that even someone who appears as perfect as Cap from afar can have flaws. I don't think it has any double meaning beyond that.

This will be the needle they have to thread if they go through with that type of story.

I'm doing a little bit of research ahead of the movie.

Let me know what I'm in for. Besides Carol's appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #13, this will be the oldest comic/graphic novel that I've read.

51wkAMTI6DL._SY400_.jpg

Oh the Kree-Skrull War, I wish you had a more cohesive plot...

I'd actually suggest reading Captain Marvel 1-18 to get a full understanding of Captain Mar-Vell as well as Carol's origins. However, it's also full of potential while completely over the place.

Oh the Kree-Skrull War, I wish you had a more cohesive plot...

I'd actually suggest reading Captain Marvel 1-18 to get a full understanding of Captain Mar-Vell as well as Carol's origins. However, it's also full of potential while completely over the place.

I think even the creators behind KSW admit it was pretty much a big improv job. Flying by the seat of their pants as it were.

Rumor has it that we will see the Skrulls before Captain Marvel ...

in X-Men: Dark Phoenix :p

No, that's not a joke.

So both this movie and DP will feature Skrulls... and both will take place in the '90s.

tumblr_inline_msj57ie03s1qz4rgp.gif

MCU/XMCU crossover confirmed.

Oh lordt it's the quicksilver thing all over again

Oh lordt it's the quicksilver thing all over again

Yeah, unfortunatelly. And Marvel had the chance to bring back Quicksilver for Captain America: Civil War (it was confirmed they shot a scene where he is alive and survived the Ultron shooting), but I guess the release dates of Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse was only 3 weeks apart, I guess they let it go.
Seriouslly hoping the Skrulls aren't a one and a done for MCU, and that they are a one and a done for X-Men.

Marvel just kept on pushing the release date of this back and back. I guess Spidey and Antman 2 were bigger priorities.

Btw I call BS on the Skrulls in Xmen stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"