The Skrulls thread!

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2017.

1. MbJ Registered

Do you mean a scene in Civil War? I know they shot an alternate AOU ending where he survived, but I don't think he was ever planned to seriously be in Civil War. In fact, given that from what I can tell Marvel wasn't too keen on the Maximoffs any way, they probably weren't too broken up over him not coming back.

2. Inhuman117 Registered

Well They Can't Use a Super Skrull because of the rights , but what if a Skrull Generall was in possession of a Infinity Stone ?

3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

They can't use *The* Super Skrull. As in, the skull named K'lrt. They aren't restricted from using any skrull that has super powers.

4. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Correct, the concept of Super-Skrulls is not off the table from what I understand. Just the actually named Skrulls.

5. MbJ Registered

We're getting L'krt the Ultra Skrull.

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

There seem two fairly obvious directions to go for a named "super" skrull. Either just amp up their shapeshifting, doing the same stuff only moreso, or else make them a power mimic who can copy the powers of those they duplicate. Both options would work for making a boss fight.

7. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Glad somebody cleared that up...I wasn't sure exactly what the stipulations were.

8. xenos5 Registered

K'lrt may be on the table after all with the fox deal looking very likely to go through now.

9. Silvermoth Avenger

God this is mental. Such strange times we're living in. Literally anything can happen

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I would actually bet that this is one of those "contingency plans", albeit one much more minor than CW Spider-man. After all, if you have Skrulls as villains, presumably you'll have a name, buffer Skrull or two as major villains. And it'd be really, really easy to sub in the Super Skrull for some other, more random super skrull.

11. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

they don't even have to do a full super skrull, but now they can have the skrulls have multiple powers like him (ala secret invasion) and set up the skrulls in general for F4

i can't believe they got the rights back

12. Mike Murdock Registered

Just to be clear, the deal has to go through regulatory approval, which could take up to 18 months (so May 2019).

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They can't start up the Skrulls storyline anyway and introduce them right away.

There needs to be some level of trust established between people. If you have everyone distrusting each other when they never had any form of trust to begin with, then it's no great loss and nothing earth shattering.

Marvel can, in the meantime, build up relationships between characters, and even introduce people who, in hindsight, can be revealed to be Skrulls later on if they so choose them to be.

14. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I still think that the post Thanos MCU big arc is going to be a hybrid of KREE/SKRULL war and SECRET INVASION and that Carol's film will be the ground zero or back door pilot if you will for all that.

15. Inhuman117 Registered

The Super Skrull will be in this Movies now , or why they decided to Delay the Production Start til March ?

16. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

I suspect the samething, regardless the fact, the official kickoff is suppose to be HC2...I agree with you. Captain Marvel film will be two-fold.

17. Silvermoth Avenger

You know who would be amazing as Queen Veranke? Sally Hawkins. She would be perfect as a villain.

18. Silvermoth Avenger

I just came over from the Captain Britain thread and it got me thinking, imagine how much fun it would be if they added in John the Skrull.

[​IMG]

It's a great way to add in a bit of humour plus show how lively and colourful the marvel u is and also that not all skrulls are bad.

For those of you who may not know him, John the skrull is a skrull who liked earth music so much he decided to live here and mimic John Lennon

#93 Silvermoth, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would be very happy if we got that.

20. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I could see captain marvel one being skrulls/secret invasion, cm2 being kree and then the next avengers flick being the kree skrull war

21. Inhuman117 Registered

Hmmm we already get a kind of Kree and Skrull War in this movie

22. Silvermoth Avenger

Nah she's mostly human, a full on kree war would be insane!

23. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I think Inhuman117 was talking about this

Along with the rumors of Mar-Vell, Yon-Rogg, Dorrek, Anelle, etc. all apearing.

24. Silvermoth Avenger

I hate to be a Debbie downer but it just occurred to me that how are they meant to drum up tension in this movie?

I mean, we know the skrulls don't go all out because it's set in the '90s so we know things are generally ok by 2008. There won't be a death ship above the whitehouse or forcing humanity into work camps thing because obviously that didn't happen. I wonder how the writers will get around that?

25. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

That's not a bad point actually, though I suppose one counter argument would be: As much tension as has been in any MCU film.

Super hero films in particular tend to be pop culture comfort food. Good guys will win, bad guys will get theirs. We know this from the moment we buy our ticket,thus the term "suspension of disbelief".

Is it really likely, knowing of the Marvel well marketed plan to lead up to Infinity War, that their fictional world would be a dramatically different one than our own with some grand villain's scheme from any of their films from 2008 til now actually succeeding? That was unlikely. So one could say all those films had no tension either really. But that's fine. I think most of the audience realize the movies operating under the rules of suspension of disbelief, even if they don't word it quite like that. And "tension" can be built in smaller ways than just the inevitable thwarting of the evil plot. Character arcs, interrelationships, individual character survival... These could all be part of adding elements of uncertainty to the proceedings. The audience out there know little of Carol or Mar-Vell so it would be "tense" in terms of interactions and yeah, most won't know of Marv's ultimate fate the way long time fans do.

Look at Civil War. They had a novel way to add tension, making the meat of the drama not about "saving the world" per say. It's dramatic high point, for me anyway, was the confrontation between Steve, Bucky and Tony. The stakes for that weren't the fate of the planet directly but of interpersonal relationships.

That's not to say you don't have your finger on something, but I think it's more an issue for us, the super hero cognoscenti than say the average ticket buyer. We will be more likely to apply that kind of scrutiny to the proceedings than they.