The Skrulls thread!

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Speed Force, Jul 23, 2017.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The Skrulls weren't initially evil. Their modus operandi used to be to transform themselves into whatever new races they encountered, with the intent not to conquer, but simply to foster trade and relationships with these cultures. But when they landed on the Kree homeworld, the Kree were still co-habitating on their homeworld with another dominant race, and the Skrulls...didn't make good decisions, lol. They chose to favor the other race to share their knowledge and technology with (after putting both races through their own special "tests" to determine which was more worthy), and the Kree took offense and rose up and attacked them, stealing a lot of their tech and proving themselves a formidable threat. The Skrulls re-fashioned themselves into a warrior society and the animosity between the two worlds grew and basically became all-consuming. The Skrulls only came to Earth because of its strategic position in the galaxy relative to the Kree homeworld. That's pretty much all they care about at this point.

2. Silvermoth Avenger

They have their own empire which is constantly fighting with the kree. Their plan is basically infiltrate, rot it out from the inside and then take it over and add it to their collection

I would love that! They probably won’t drop many fox references until the fox deal is confirmed but they could just say it’s been eaten now and leave it at that. Still pretty creepy and mysterious and great for building a franchise

3. Mike Murdock Registered

You left out the best part - the other race were a bunch of sentient plant people :D

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

:funny: Yes indeed, can’t forget that!

5. Silvermoth Avenger

Oh I thought the best bit was when Reed Richards transformed some male skrulls into cows and then the local townspeople started getting sick because of the funky tasting “milk”

6. Silvermoth Avenger

I can’t wait to see what skrull tech looks like on the big screen. I’m fascinated what a race of reptilian face changers would look like artistically. Plus there’s so many cool reference points

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Plus it’ll be fun to contrast it with Kree tech which I could see being like an early apple commercial

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I hope they get into the Skrull religion as it plays a big part in modern stories with them.

8. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah that would be an interesting angle

9. Aximili86 Registered

Frankly I just want more of the cultural stuff from the Kree. They're just Big Blue Advanced Humans so far with the Gunn & AoS take on them.

10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good call :up:

11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

If this is the "back door pilot" for the next big arc then I think it behooves the story to include or at least allude to the Kree political and cultural structure which I think includes a look at Hala and the Supremor.

12. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah plus it’s essential to explore that to contrast mar-vell with carol.

I wonder who’s in charge of the Kree Empire at this time? Assumably the rogue one guy is in charge of the skrulls (I’m still hoping he’s playing Dorrek VII). They would be mad not to do the supreme intelligence.

[​IMG]

I mean just look at that visual. Superb. I wonder who would do the voice? Imagine how great it would be if they got Colin Firth to do it. Or gender flip it and get Kathleen turner!

13. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

14. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Am I the only one who thought they saw Skrulls in [blackout]Gamora's flashback in IW? I mean, I know the Chitauri were the main invading force, but there was one set of aliens flying by that didn't look like Chitauri at all to me and looked suspiciously Skrull-like[/blackout].

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I can't say I recall that. What do you mean specifically? Like the ships or something?

16. flickchick85 Admin of Might

No on one of those Chitauri flying chariot things, there was a group of aliens that didn’t look like the others, and they resembled Skrulls to me.

17. Aximili86 Registered

Interesting. Didn't pick up on that personally, but I've only seen it once. Definitely have to keep an eye out next time around.

18. ctsketch Registered

I didn't see anything like that

19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I'll be very disappointed if we don't get a big look at Kree and Skrull politics, religion and culture. This is the first time we'll get a whole super-intelligent alien race in the MCU so lets make the most of it. Hopefully they are both here to stay a good while. The aliens so far in the MCU have been dumb or pretty much animals (which was fine in the case of the Outriders).

20. legendkillin Registered

Yes, it would be nice to have a society of aliens who are mostly intelligent. Even in GOTG most of the aliens are wild.

21. Silvermoth Avenger

I didn’t spot that but I could easily have missed it.

to be honest, I always felt like the chitauri really should have been the skrulls but they couldn’t get the rights to them

22. Mike Murdock Registered

They did have the rights to them. They just didn't want to use them as throwaway villains.

23. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Let's remember that the Ultimate universe is the origin of the Chitauri. Miller wanted them to be the Skrulls originally. I think he changedis mind and wanted to do something more original. Don't quote me though.

Still that they named them Chitauri was more an homage to the Ultimate line which the first Avengers and that early phase of the MCU drew so much aesthetic inspiration from.

24. Silvermoth Avenger

I wonder what the timeline is with the skrulls? Like how long have they been here and what do they want? Does it start in the 90s and carol uncovers it or has it been here forever?

I would love to see them pulling the strings all this time. Like even someone in cap’s time was being manipulated by them

25. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

They have been a space faring race for a long time. No reason they can't have come to Earth before the last decade of the twentieth century.

I wouldn't want them to be the end all be all bad guys pulling all the strings though. It would get as boring as Hydra in the movies or the Hand on Netflix. Plus... It just takes away the responsibility from human beings. People don't need secret societies or aliens to be **** bags to one another.