Dark Phoenix The Sophie Turner/Jean Grey/Phoenix Thread

Or they can do exactly what I stated regarding the Phoenix Force being spread throughout the galaxy and a part of it birthed with Jean, that’ll explain the previous instances and the space incident is just the rest of it gathering in her which never happened prior to a Apocalypse (the event that triggers this one) and the OT (Jean never having a full on moment to tap into what little of the force she had)... its been done and likely is to be the route they go with to reconcile what came before.

Or they can do exactly what I stated regarding the Phoenix Force being spread throughout the galaxy and a part of it birthed with Jean, that’ll explain the previous instances and the space incident is just the rest of it gathering in her which never happened prior to a Apocalypse (the event that triggers this one) and the OT (Jean never having a full on moment to tap into what little of the force she had)... its been done and likely is to be the route they go with to reconcile what came before.

That would explain a lot of things. WHY every "Jean Grey" becomes Phoenix, no matter the timeline.

Don't forget this is the second Jean Grey. The first Jean Grey, in the original timeline, was 13 years old in 1985 (20 years before "The Last Stand").
This Jean Grey has born much before, since she was 18 in 1983.

Yup, it is why there is always a Phoenix regardless of timeline. X3 literally being a watered down and fragmented Phoenix hence why it just stood there doing things like It was actually supposed to be on set for The Rage: Carrie 2.

Also technically she has never been aged in the OT, even in the childhood scene if I’m not mistaken. Puberty can be anywhere from 11-14. As we are never given a concrete date on when it even takes place. 98 could be likely and not too distant future is subjective. It can be in the late 90s for all we know, the only instance of real world technology that would date it Is the Mercedes they’re driving to jeans house in the into, which went out of production in ‘78, and very well could line up with Jeans actual age in the current films meaning she wasn’t born earlier. If she was 6 in the DoFP scene that puts her at 11 in X3s intro. The original 3 are the same age as in the OT. I wouldn’t put her at 18 in Apocalypse but rather 16 is likely.

Whatever, I’ve just put way more thought into it than anyone involved with the film would have.

98 could be likely and not too distant future is subjective. It can be in the late 90s for all we know, the only instance of real world technology that would date it Is the Mercedes they’re driving to jeans house in the into, which went out of production in ‘78, and very well could line up with Jeans actual age in the current films meaning she wasn’t born earlier. If she was 6 in the DoFP scene that puts her at 11 in X3s intro. The original 3 are the same age as in the OT. I wouldn’t put her at 18 in Apocalypse but rather 16 is likely.

Whatever, I’ve just put way more thought into it than anyone involved with the film would have.

No, she looks 18 in "Apocalypse". She and Scott are 18. That would fit with them becoming X-Men anyway.

Said that, she looked older than 11 on the Last Stand Prologue. The actress was older than 11. Last Stand is set in 2005.

The DOFP scene is set in 1973.

No, she looks 18 in "Apocalypse". She and Scott are 18. That would fit with them becoming X-Men anyway.

Said that, she looked older than 11 on the Last Stand Prologue. The actress was older than 11. Last Stand is set in 2005.

The DOFP scene is set in 1973.

Looks are something we can easily disregard in the films. A special level of disregard is given to actors ages when filming, see Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page in X3 for reference or Tom Cruise in general.

Conceivably the cosmic force attached itself to her because of her power. But I will worry about that when I see the finished film. Right now, folks are speculating and then criticizing the movie based on speculation. Sigh.

Conceivably the cosmic force attached itself to her because of her power. But I will worry about that when I see the finished film. Right now, folks are speculating and then criticizing the movie based on speculation. Sigh.

Bingo.

As I've said before elsewhere Jean bonds with the Phoenix force before the space mission with the Sentinels in the comics too. See X-Men:The Hidden Years. So if they don't necessarily address it I won't be too upset either way.

79221b1026076524.jpg

ad1f9e1026076714.jpg

What I've liked about Fox with X-Men is the girls aren't too skinny. Sophie's got the right figure for a female superhero. Storm and Rogue have also been very well cast in that regard. It's a shame Wonder Woman got so skinny compared to her comic book counterpart. I'd like to see some female superheroes with a fuller shape sometimes.

I have a question:

Is Sophie considered an attractive/handsome girl in America?

We should ask the Jonas kid she’s dating. I wonder how many of his fans hate her for this. Say... you wouldn’t happen to be a Jonas brothers fan girl?

Personally I think Sophie just needs to improve her posture a bit. And please don’t tell me she can’t because it’s “guenetic”

^ do you mean to say sophie's been a handsome man in another reality? :huh:

The face is so off for that model but the body and hair are perfect.

51a-kVN4H6L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

They should have used Famke Janssen as the reference for the face.
67413_10_123_461lo-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

You and me both brother. And I actually like Sophie as Jean.

na, I can't with her, Sophie comes off just so wooden in everything I've seen of her, even interviews
plus, comics being a visual medium, she doesn't.. live up to the comic visuals of the character, imo

Just wait, she will be out of an acting career in about 3 years, and will essentially live off being a fashion model or through association of her husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"