The Sopranos - Season Premiere

terry78 said:
They can't shoot people every episode.

David Chase actually wrote this one, so this was more about characterization for the family.

^:)

Just watched it again, Edie Falco may be the best actress on TV! She is incredibly believable!

I really enjoyed the episode, the amount of symbolism in the episode is amazing. Probably one of the better written Sopranos!

Next week's episode looks action packed, I have a feeling a main character is going to go!

It was good. I actually got pretty worked up during A.J.'s promise to Tony. It was chilling and touching all at the same time.

I'm VERY interested in the beginnings of a power struggle between the various members of the New Jersey family. I don't think people are just gonna blindly follow Silvio like he expects them to.

y'know what, I'm not sure why....but I have a gut feeling, Sil's days are numbered next week.

I can take any deaths except for Sil, Paulie, Christopher, or Tony (who I know will survive the gunshot) if any of those characters are killed off Ill be upset. So obviously Im hoping your wrong Matt:up:

Stringer said:
I can take any deaths except for Sil, Paulie, Christopher, or Tony (who I know will survive the gunshot) if any of those characters are killed off Ill be upset. So obviously Im hoping your wrong Matt:up:

I'm hoping I'm wrong too :(

Stringer said:

^If this is the last season,those guys are going to be killed probably.

found this in another forum some intresting stuff (some stuff is a bit of a stretch)

<Join the club! Tony wakes in his hotel room and
> sees the airport beacon in the distance. It's not the
> usual white light, but a golden light...Heaven. He
> goes to the bar to pass time...purgatory. He sees
> news footage of Costa Mesa on fire...Hell. He's told
> by the bartender it's dead here...land of the dead.
> He tries to enter the conferance, but is denied. The
> military figure exits...the devil. He returns to the
> bar and is invited to join a group of others where he
> tells his life story to the crowd. An obviously
> impressed woman tells him to join the club...join
> normal, non evil society. He leaves w the angelic
> woman and wants to go w her, but she tells him he
> cant go. He replies if I were someone else (ie Tony
> the mobster) it would be a done deal. She says his
> love for his family prevents this. He returns to the
> omni and as stated by another here, omni means
> mutidirectional. Tony the mobster was supposed to die
> and go to hell, but someone else has taken his place.
> Now he must make a decision which direction he will
> take. Tony is being given a second chance, but he
> must decide where he will go. He goes down the
> steps...towards hell, but falls on the fifth floor.
> There have been five seasons prior to this in which
> tony has been descending into hell. Now he is at a
> crossroads and must decide, "who am I, where am I
> going?" At the hospital he states "I'm lost" He
> returns to the omni and wants to call home for help,
> but hesitates. This is a decision he must make on his
> own

Finally saw this epsidoe yesterday and I must say it killed me to wait 3 more days to watch it!

Wow, that does make a whole lot of sense.

darkdonnie said:
found this in another forum some intresting stuff (some stuff is a bit of a stretch)

<Join the club! Tony wakes in his hotel room and
> sees the airport beacon in the distance. It's not the
> usual white light, but a golden light...Heaven. He
> goes to the bar to pass time...purgatory. He sees
> news footage of Costa Mesa on fire...Hell. He's told
> by the bartender it's dead here...land of the dead.
> He tries to enter the conferance, but is denied. The
> military figure exits...the devil. He returns to the
> bar and is invited to join a group of others where he
> tells his life story to the crowd. An obviously
> impressed woman tells him to join the club...join
> normal, non evil society. He leaves w the angelic
> woman and wants to go w her, but she tells him he
> cant go. He replies if I were someone else (ie Tony
> the mobster) it would be a done deal. She says his
> love for his family prevents this. He returns to the
> omni and as stated by another here, omni means
> mutidirectional. Tony the mobster was supposed to die
> and go to hell, but someone else has taken his place.
> Now he must make a decision which direction he will
> take. Tony is being given a second chance, but he
> must decide where he will go. He goes down the
> steps...towards hell, but falls on the fifth floor.
> There have been five seasons prior to this in which
> tony has been descending into hell. Now he is at a
> crossroads and must decide, "who am I, where am I
> going?" At the hospital he states "I'm lost" He
> returns to the omni and wants to call home for help,
> but hesitates. This is a decision he must make on his
> own

That is a damn good analysis

I thought it was pretty insightful myself, I got it from another forum.

Matt said:
That is a damn good analysis
I havent read it but is there any truth to that because if it is than I dont want to read it:o

There are no spoilers if you saw this past week's episode. It's a cool little read that is very insightful.

I just watched the latest episode and wow. I was hoping more people would be talking about it so I went to the HBO Sopranos forum and a lot of people are talking about canceling their subscriptions to HBO after this one. I cant believe it. I also can't believe this show keeps getting better and better. This episode really touched me after losing my father and staying with my brother during his coma and losing him as well. And the "dream sequences" were so well done. Acting was superb and the character development has me dying to see what happens next. I don't really know how to interpret the dream but in my opinion I think Tony reaching for the phone at the end was him trying to communicate to his family. Like someone else said, this came after Carmella was talking to him and her and AJ discussing if he can hear them or not. The fellows analysis above is pretty nice and seems pretty accurate in most places. I think some things in the dream coincided with what was going on in the real world as well. I'll be thinking about this episode for a couple days for sure.

My apologies for being long winded. I don't do paragraphs well lol

My condolences on your Dad and Brother, just lost my Mom recently. Ok on to a different note(before I get all teary eyed), I can't understand why fans would want to cancel their subscriptions???? The show started with a bang(pun intended) and has been captivating. Every episode can't be superduper top notch. They waited almost 2 years for a new season and now some are crying about the quality??? Just sit back and enjoy!!

Shiit I ordered HBO just for the sopranos, I havent had cable since the last season of the sopranos:O

So this is like the first time you've had cable in a million years.:o

ToddIsDead said:
So this is like the first time you've had cable in a million years.:o
Yea pretty much, its amazing that they have an MTV2 now :eek:

Thanks AllThingsComic who probably has a real name. Yeah, I was shocked to see people reacting so extremely. From what I can tell, they wanted to see the Mafia stuff; the shooting, killnig, cursing. As far as I'm concerned the show can do no wrong at this point and I'm just going along for the ride.

I've only had cable for aboout one season. I started out watching it on DVD and now I have to use less legal means to see it. So I don't get to see it until a few days after it airs which means I have to avoid the news and some message boards for awhile. Its one of the only shows on TV where I just CANNOT miss an episode. Its interesting to get a little insight on how the kids view "the business" and Junior in particular. AJ seeing him as just an old crazy mummy and not the ex-boss. Looks like AJ's story is going to get a little more exciting.

Sorry to hear you lost your dad!

This season will pick up although I enjoyed the last episode greatly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"