The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take for one of the white boys on the hype to crash this party? :o

God, I loved the Cosby Show. It doesn't matter if it's those earlier episodes where Sondra was away at college (Sondra & Elvin are 2 forgotten gems on that show), or those latter episodes where Cousin Pam moved in and Bud was constantly trying to break Rudy up with her boyfriend (Rudy's boyfriend was a jerk, anyway). Bill Cosby created this great show about how, despite growing up dirt poor in the South, two black people came together to forge this incredible family, where their kids were going to Ivy League schools (granted, Sondra dropped out of Princeton to marry Elvin), and their children were growing up to become responsible adults (except for Denise). They were black, but it showed that your color doesn't dictate what direction your life will go.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air was a little less thought provoking, but hilarious nonetheless. The situations was the same, with Phil & Viv Banks growing up poor, and building their fortunes from the ground up. The difference, of course, is that the Banks kids were waayyy too "prep-school", and it took the wacky influence of Will to bring them all down to Earth, while also showing him that his life has a lot more potential than he thought.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air was funnier.
The Huxtable family was a lot easier for me to relate to.

I love how Manic magically appears in any thread black-related.

Fresh Prince because it was just more funny to me.

On the interaccial thing..
It doesn't matter what race the person is to me. From what I know, some people don't date outside of their race to avoid problems (with both families)..or if a person likes only a certain race it may just be their personal preference, as Matt said.
I do understand what you're saying, kainedamo. Some people don't provide reasons as to why they wouldn't date outside of their own race, and still don't claim to be racist. If you can't give a reason it is definitly disrimination.

Lol, Lightning.. I hate when people do that. You're not selling out, even if you weren't half white. If you want to date a white girl you should be able to without others nagging you for it, this isn't the 1920s.

Damn, people should come to England. Pretty soon we white folks gonna be the minority lol. I don't mean that to sound rascist in any way it's just the way the country is headed.

"The Cosby show" Vs "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air"

That's a hard one, but I'm going with Cosby. I never stop laughing at the episode when Theo get's his ear pierced.

Must be a setting under options, just like how everyone seems to know when a girl posts her pic in the Photo Album thread.

Why does everyone think all hispanics are mexican?

Fresh Prince. The Cosby's were too perfect. Will was much more relatable, plus Uncle Phil is quite possibly the greatest TV dad ever. Besides, nothing beats Carlton's Tom Jones dance.
cosby show was not perfect... they dealt with racism .... divorce ... cliff and claire had arguments.. you gotta think about it the era's were different there was some stuff that weren't issues back then and some stuff that COULDNT be seen on tv.. especially sitcoms.. cosby show is by far the TRUE innovator and meas more to me... the GORDON GARTREL episode is classic... and i ALWAYS STOP AND WATCH .. everytime the MLK episode is on.... just hilarious and REAL... and the cosby show wasnt just a BLACK SHOW.. it had white folx, spic folx, asian folx... it ran the color gambit .... by far more meaningful in my life than any other show period.. BLACK WHITE COMEDY DRAMA.. whatever ... gotta be one of the best shows EVER

I'll get the ball rolling from a lighter level first with this question:

2299_Fresh%20Fam.jpg

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air

Vs.

thumb.php

The Cosby Show

Which sitcom did more for you and why? Any favorite episodes?

Cosby.

Showed the country that Black Americans HAD a homelife that didn't include most of the BAD stereotypes or the "Clown" quocient.(sp)

There was humor in both but there was an underlining seriousness and constant message from Cosby that was Missing from Fresh Prince.

Of Course,... That's only my opinion and how I feel.

V.

am i allowed to post here?

i want to answer the interracial question...you see im a southern baptist republican and i think that...

people should date whoever they want!!!!

why should it matter at all anyway? i even support gay marriage....call me crazy. i think the world has far bigger problems then who should be allowed to love who.

1) I'm black. So... these threads sometimes catch me eye.
2) It was on the first page in Community.
3) Lightning sent me an invite.

I'm already granted a visitor's pass seeing as I date a girl who's black. :up:

Ironically, he shot up every culture and creed. :huh:

Aye. That is one sick minority mofo that didn't discriminate...for all the wrong reasons.

Kaboom said:
am i allowed to post here?

Sure, if you're interested in discussing one of the topics in the master post, why not?

Oh, and I'm voting for the Cosby Show. Don't get me wrong, Bel-Air is chockful of classics but to me Cosby Show showed a bit more realism. I thought the Huxtables were just as flawed as any other fictional TV family.

Although to this day I don't understand how Denise and Sondra were soooooo lightskinededededed compared to all their darker siblings and parents. Talk about miscasting. LOL :p

As far as best geek dancing on a Black Sitcom show I think it's between:

Yound%20Steve%20Urkel.jpg

Steve Urkel

VS

carlton2.jpg

Carlton Banks

Am I right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"