The Soul-GLO Experience

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Lightning Strykez!, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

2. JP Smelly

Everybody Hates Chris is a GREAT black sitcom. Just thought I'd say that.

And My Wife and Kids was killed by Damon Waynes. The first season was funny, then it went down hill with the same running gags going on forever and the annoying kid who is on Heroes now.

3. raybia Signing off

[​IMG]

Best black sitcom of all time.

Fred: Thats right dummy...I mean Raybia.

4. ComicChick I Work Too Much

he was mine too :(

i used to listen to his first album daily, still listen to it every now and then, but i'm not a big fan of much that he's put out more recently

5. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Family Matters was just........:dry:

6. GunBlade Registered

Hell yes. :yay:

7. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i used to watch Moesha and Steve Harvey all the time. it's ironic we were talking about these shows the other day at work and one of the girl's didn't know that the actor who played Romeo on Steve Harvey had died some time ago, and that the actor who played Hakeem on Moesha died in a car accident.:(

i still watch reruns of those every now and then

8. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I :heart: that show. Red Foxx was so damn hilarious. My uncle had a bunch of his old standup records. Him and Dick Gregory. My cousins and I would play those over and over and laugh ourselves sick. :up:

jag

9. Shockdingo Symbiote luvin' loon

This always bothered me; people going bat-crap insane over a guy/girl dating out of their race. It's the person's choice, who the hello (minus the blankety blank O) gives a crap? It's not their business. Personally, in my past I've thoroughly been considered un-black so me finding other women from other races attractive was just another hilarious strike on my record :woot: . I am very attracted to east asian :heart: , white (mainly polish, russian, german rowr :heart: ) and latin women. That doesn't mean that I'll see a beautiful black woman and go "Zut alots! Get thee away! Get thee to a nunnery!" No, it's my choice and people shouldn't be getting bent out of shape about it. It's not like another extreme like I hate my race or something bizarre. :whatever:

In reality, what damage will it do? If the couple has kids that are accepted and loved by their parents and friends and family and santa clause, then what's the damage? I hardly see choosing a mate out of your own race as a betrayal. I would find "just settling with a person who happens to share your race" more of a betrayal; you're being true to yourself and you're comfortable enough with yourself not to say: "Oh man, I'd better not be attracted to so and so or I'll make people mad, I guess I'll settle with ___ I don't really love her, but hey at least she's *insert race here*

Well, those are my .08 cents and pocket lint. Good day to you all. I must swing away and fight clown related crime. :csad:

10. DarthRekal Dodger Blue

is that on the evangelist station???:huh: :oldrazz:

11. raybia Signing off

LOL LOL LOL! It would even be funnier if Kramer was the actual title character.

[​IMG]

12. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

13. raybia Signing off

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

14. raybia Signing off

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

15. raybia Signing off

[​IMG]

Dynamite!

16. tzarinna Mamochka

I preferred The Cosby Show.

17. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Nice progression :up:

18. BRUTAL Registered

Morgan Freeman - GOD

19. LexLuthor Registered

LOL! :woot: Good one!

20. Ultra-Herald9 Registered

Lets not forget....

Denzel Washington- Corrupt Cop:csad:

At least he got an oscar.:woot:

21. hippy fascist Registered

What's Wrong With Halle Berry?

She started believing her own hype, she's a damn good actress when she puts the effort in but after winning the oscar she started to coast and it all went downhill from there

Will the Oscar hurt or help Jennifer Hudson's Career?

Depends, some people win an oscar and view it as a credibility card they can flash whenever someone questions their abilities/judgement, which would ruin her career. On the other hand some people use it as a springboard and strive to achieve even more with each subsequent performance. Her next few films will show us which path she chose.

Why Aren't Top Black Actors Starring In Projects Together?

I've thought about this many times and I honestly don't have an answer. Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman starring opposite each other gives me goosebumps. It'd be like deniro/pacino in Heat. I'm honestly surprised that no-one has put those two together yet.

Is Hip Hop REALLY dead?

I don't know but if it is I could care less. Soul and motown will for me always be the pinnacle of black music. These days most hip hop and R&B acts have been pulled into the mainstream and blanded out into britney spearsesque crap. :down:

What's up with Beyonce's album getting pulled--and is her ass overrated?

Her ass isn't overated, but the rest of her is. She's a good looking girl but she seems to have been held up as some kind of benchmark for beautiful black women. I always thought alicia keyes was way hotter and she can write songs without talking abouther ass every five seconds.

Can Whitney and Michael really make a comeback?

Whitney, maybe. She is still a great singer and her issues were largely drugs and alcohol based. Michael is sadly too far gone. He clearly has mental health problems, but then again so would you with that family. They've leached off of him for years. If he could have avoided the whole mesianic complex I think he would still be considered the greatest performer to ever take the stage, as it is he's become a laughing stock and that's nigh on impossible to come back from.

Is this country really ready for a Black or Female President?

I think america needs the most competant person for the job irrespective of colour etc. The problem is that any black candidate coming up through the ranks has so much weight of expectation on their shoulders that they will never be able to live up to their percieved role. Too much focus is put on simply getting a black candidate into office rather than getting the RIGHT black candidate into office. Whether it will ever happen though is another story. Too many crusty old white men with too much influence so far, but as american society becomes more integrated over time the playing field will level out and change will come.

Can we officially call Al Sharpton an Attention ****e?

To view the mans life as a whole he's done some astoundingly wonderful things, but of late that tag is becoming more and more justified. Anyone who's willing to cosy up to peta just to improve their profile needs their ****ing head read :whatever:

22. Hunter Rider Ronin

On the topic of Hip Hop and R&B,i'm glad Jay Z is back,it shows how poor Game and 50 were compared with a guy who not only is a poet but who also brings much more humour and less ego and violence to his records.
    Also despite his legendary status i prefer Dre as a tack maker than MC and i miss Eminem's mix of crazy tracks and thoughtful cuts.

I listened to Robin Thickie and N-Eyo (sp)'s albums the other day and they both bored me to death,i'll take JT over them both any day of the week,not sure if he counts though,he kinda crosses genre's like MJ.

On the topic of rascism in movies,i remember Will Smith saying that in Hitch they had to cast at least an hispanic actress as they didn't want to do a black/White deal.....It'll be interesting to see how his next movie "Tonight he comes" is handled since he has an affair with Charlize Theron in it.

23. Noir Guest

Where are my fellow Russians Eastern Slavs/Western Slavs/Northern Slavs/Pomors/Salmi's?
    Come on, this is for Ethnic Minorities and those are Ethnics and Some are Minorities.

Were my hommies at?

24. tzarinna Mamochka

Would you go for a fake me out black russian? :o

25. Jennifer Walters Attorney at Law

Is this country really ready for a Black or Female President?

Yes. A candidate for President should not have their skin color or sex even considered in the equation, but what they plan to do with the job and for the country. They should be treated no different than the wrinkly old white men who've got the job so far. :up:

What's up with Halle?

IMO, nothing. She's still a wonderful actress, but in the past few years she's picking some pretty craptastic scripts. (Perfect Stranger, Gothika (a secret guilty pleasure of mine still), Catwoman, etc.). And let's face it pretty much the biggest African superheroine was in her grasp and she or perhaps the writer's (most likely this one, with her performance in second base as what's with the character.) got it all wrong. Could she come back from this? Yes. Some of her future projects sound like a possibly return to her old form. I only hope she comes back as the Halle of old.

Is Hip Hop/R&B music dead?

No, but in it's current state it should be. The stuff can be fun. (Beyonce and a few others), but most of it is out of line and just totally degrading. Rap music is a WHOLE other question. How we went from Rapper's Delight to songs about getting shot up and shooting others up and calling women *****es and hos every other sentence amazes me.

Cosby Show or Fresh Prince?

Fresh Prince, easily. I remember when I was younger and growing up. My family would get together to watch this every time it was on. Don't get me wrong the Cosby Show had it's moments, but the characters on Fresh Prince were people you could relate too more (even being white). Will, Carlton, and Phil, Hilary, and the whole Banks family were so well represented as just a family, with no focus on their skin what so ever that they felt like YOUR family away from your family. They weren't totally perfect (like the Huxtibles were) so they just felt more real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.